Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: BA T5 <-> AA T3 transfer /connection at LHR / Heathrow

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: BA T5 <-> AA T3 transfer /connection at LHR / Heathrow

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2010, 8:50 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
In the case with Vaze who is connecting in LHR to his final destination of Cairo, does he have the option to (1) go through Immigration/Customs and go landside for a while before transferring to T5 for his connecting flight and/or (2) stay airside and make the connection from T3 to T5 without going through immigration/customs?
Old Dec 1, 2010, 2:26 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Time traveller
In the case with Vaze who is connecting in LHR to his final destination of Cairo, does he have the option to (1) go through Immigration/Customs and go landside for a while before transferring to T5 for his connecting flight and/or (2) stay airside and make the connection from T3 to T5 without going through immigration/customs?
Both options are available.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 12:15 pm

Location: Orange County (SNA) CA, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Microwave
It's worth noting that one would have to clear customs and immigration at Heathrow in order to access the T3 Arrivals Lounge. Thus, if you intend to spend some time in London between flights, go for T3 Arrivals (assuming it hasn't closed for the day by the time you make it through formalities), otherwise go for Galleries First (if EXP) or Galleries Club (if J ticket) in T5 after you change terminals (follow signs for Flight Connections), as Dave Noble wisely suggested.
My flight arrives at 1.30pm and the connecting flight is at 5.00pm so it sounds like my best bet is just to go over to terminal 5 and enjoy the BA lounge. I didn't know that EXP/PLT's could access BA lounges - gotta love FT :-)
Old Dec 1, 2010, 2:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
Originally Posted by Vaze
My flight arrives at 1.30pm and the connecting flight is at 5.00pm so it sounds like my best bet is just to go over to terminal 5 and enjoy the BA lounge. I didn't know that EXP/PLT's could access BA lounges - gotta love FT :-)
You will really like the T5 Galleries First lounge! check out the champagne bar.
note: the Elemis Spa where the showers and massage area are located is outside the First lounge, i.e. directly behind you as you are checking into the lounge.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA - EXP, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UK - Gold
EXP's get the BA First lounge (not concorde room)...it is MAGNIFICENT..right opposite a runway so you get good views...

as pointed out by someone else, the ELMIS SPA has showers and stuff...enjoy...
Old Dec 1, 2010, 2:36 pm

Location: Orange County (SNA) CA, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by billgrates3
You will really like the T5 Galleries First lounge! check out the champagne bar.
note: the Elemis Spa where the showers and massage area are located is outside the First lounge, i.e. directly behind you as you are checking into the lounge.
Wow, based on these enthusiastic comments is seems like the lounge may end up being the highlight of this trip!
Old Dec 1, 2010, 3:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Wow, based on these enthusiastic comments is seems like the lounge may end up being the highlight of this trip!
Don't get too excited; in the end it is just a waiting room for a flight; it is a nice one though
Old Dec 1, 2010, 3:17 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Given that connection, definitely go straight to T5 Galleries First rather than using the Terminal 3 Arrivals lounge.

WRT lounge access, you're missing out on one of the best oneworld elite bennies! If I can make a suggestion, I would read the oneworld Lounge Access page from top to bottom, then read at least the first post on Help Desk: Lounge Access Rules and LHR / London Heathrow T3 Admirals Club, Flagship, oneworld Lounges (consolidated) before your next trip through Heathrow (the latter is relevant just to the lounges in T3; T5 has only BA lounges so no similar thread). Enjoy!
Old Dec 1, 2010, 4:46 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: OneWorld Alliance

Programs: AA ExecPlat & 3MM; Marriott Titanium
Since you are flying to Cairo in Business class on BA (I think that they consider Cairo a long-haul flight, if not ignore the rest), make sure you sign up for the free ELMIS SPA treatment. You might want to sign up as soon as you get to Terminal 5 since sometime it is hard to get the time you want.
Old Dec 24, 2010, 12:12 pm

Programs: SPG: Platinum, AA: Executive Platinum
LHR connection - security

I need your advise
I connected at LHR from T3 (AA) to T5 (BA) - note to myself..never, ever fly into LHR

At the T5 security, my handbags were pulled aside and all contents were taken out and searched extensively. I explained to them my connecting flight is about to close and if I miss the plane, next available one is 5 days later... they didn't care
cut a long story, 10 minutes later, and after taken EVERYTHING out, they gave me the green light to go. I threw everything back in the bags and rushed to the gate; i was the last one to get on the plane
However, when i arrived at my destination, i realized many items where missing including clothes, medicine etc... The security agent 'forgot' to give them back to me
I'm flying back to JFK via Heathrow (BA->AA) in the next few days.
Are you aware if there's a lost and found at T5, where it is, and the procedure to get my belongings back? I have a tight connection again so it will have to be a fast one
any suggestion will be much appreciated
many thanks!
Old Dec 24, 2010, 12:49 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Lost property - lost or found in the terminal or airport grounds
Excess Baggage Company
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +44 (0)20 8745 7727

http://www.heathrowairport.com/porta...0357e120a____/
Old Jan 19, 2011, 9:22 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP 1MM+, Marriot Platinum, Avis First
Good Morning.
I am planning to connect through LHR on my way to JFK. The BA flight from Prague arrives in LHR at 9:25am (T5). The AA connection departs at 10:55am from T3. Based on what I've read so far, it seems that it is doable assuming that the flight from PRG is on time. Could someone confirm? I am flying on a Milesaaver award so I suppose I don't get to use FastTrack. Tia.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 9:25 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by moyrani
Good Morning.
I am planning to connect through LHR on my way to JFK. The BA flight from Prague arrives in LHR at 9:25am (T5). The AA connection departs at 10:55am from T3. Based on what I've read so far, it seems that it is doable assuming that the flight from PRG is on time. Could someone confirm? I am flying on a Milesaaver award so I suppose I don't get to use FastTrack. Tia.
It's doable, just follow the purple Flight Connections signs from T5 to T3. There is no fast track security for Flight Connections in terminal 3. Move quickly, don't delay.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 10:15 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by HNL
It's doable, just follow the purple Flight Connections signs from T5 to T3. There is no fast track security for Flight Connections in terminal 3. Move quickly, don't delay.
Agreed! If your inbound isn't delayed, then I think you'll be just fine. The walks to/from Flight Connections will feel long, but they're not that bad. The actual ride from T5->T3 will take 10-15 minutes. The only place that I usually get stuck is T3 security. Since everybody connecting feeds into one line for the security screen, the line can occasionally get backed up. But as long as you don't dally, you should be fine.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 1:46 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by antenna
I connected at LHR from T3 (AA) to T5 (BA) - note to myself..never, ever fly into LHR

At the T5 security, my handbags were pulled aside and all contents were taken out and searched extensively. I explained to them my connecting flight is about to close and if I miss the plane, next available one is 5 days later... they didn't care
cut a long story, 10 minutes later, and after taken EVERYTHING out, they gave me the green light to go. I threw everything back in the bags and rushed to the gate; i was the last one to get on the plane
However, when i arrived at my destination, i realized many items where missing including clothes, medicine etc... The security agent 'forgot' to give them back to me
Yikes! That's horrible.

I've done the T3-T5 connection a few times, and while it is always tiresome, I've never had the security people dump everything out of my bags. I wonder how often this occurs? In other words, were you especially unlucky, or have I been especially lucky?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.