Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: BA T5 <-> AA T3 transfer /connection at LHR / Heathrow

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: BA T5 <-> AA T3 transfer /connection at LHR / Heathrow

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2008, 5:29 am

Programs: AAEXP/Marriott Life Platinum
No problem

Two weeks ago, ORD-LHR T3 to T5 for flight to FCO.

As poster said above - dead simple and quick. Luggage followed me to FCO.

The return FCO-LHR T5 and on to T4 for LHR-SIN also quick and simple, and no luggage problem.
Old May 4, 2008, 1:26 pm

Programs: AA
T5 rocks

T3 to T5 transfer was easy 3 weeks ago on my flight to Geneva - though the coach does take about 20-30 minutes.

T5 Rocks! BA lounge is especially nice.

I was on the ground just over an hour - my bag didn't make my flight to Geneva, I had to hang out for the next flight an hour later (Geneva is not a great airport to spend time in). Not sure if that was a T5 issue, but there ya go.
Old May 4, 2008, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, CO PLT
how does T5 rock? in classic LHR stupidity you have to go through security right after getting off the aircraft, show your passport about a million times as if you're entering the demilitarized zone and can't get to the terminal if your flight doesn't leave from there (say, if you want to meet someone flying through there)

lhr is indeed a bit of a dump
Old May 4, 2008, 3:52 pm

Programs: Starwood Residences Owner, AA 1MM, MP Gold, Avis-Hertz PC, Ritz Gold
Transfer is simple as other posters have shared. Just follow the purple signs that say "Flight Connections" and take the bus to T5.

Don't waste time getting to T5. We arrived from ORD at 6:40A to connect to our 8:50A flight to EDI and only had 15 minutes to spare prior to boarding commencing. Upon entering T5 you must get your picture taken which can take a long time depending on demand. We spent almost an hour waiting to complete this.

Another tip is to print your boarding pass from ba.com (or obtain from AA, if possible), otherwise you'll have to queue in a separate line prior to security.
Old May 4, 2008, 4:20 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by JAGMAP
Upon entering T5 you must get your picture taken which can take a long time depending on demand. We spent almost an hour waiting to complete this.
Where does this occur? We were in T5 on 16 April and certainly did not wait in line to get our picture taken. However, we arrived on one BA flight and departed on another BA flight, so that might be the difference.
Old May 4, 2008, 5:48 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by SquareDanceGuy
Where does this occur? We were in T5 on 16 April and certainly did not wait in line to get our picture taken. However, we arrived on one BA flight and departed on another BA flight, so that might be the difference.
At the T5 Flight Connections Centre. Mugshots are only taken when connecting onto a UK domestic flight.
Old Jun 6, 2008, 1:55 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
We're arriving LHR T-3 on AA66 (07:50 AM) and departing on BA886 (flying as AA6718) departing T-5 to OTP at 09:50. My intent is FCC to T-5, using Fast Track Security Channel??? and head to the Galleries First Lounge if I have sufficient time.

The return is BA853 / AA6632 from PRG Arv LHR T-5 at 09:10 and departing T-3 at 11:35 on AA137 to LAX. Take FCC, bus to T-3, etc. and CX lounge if open.

What I am seeing here and elsewhere is this should be a fairly easy connection both ways, with possibly even a little time in the FC lounge in T-5 outbound? Or...

Options: Arrive on AA T-3, use Fast Track for HM Customs and formalities, use HEx to T5, check in at F and use Fast Track Security, ditto in reverse. Would this be preferable to FCC? We travel with a personal item and a 22" rollaboard each.

TA!

Later... It went off without a major hitch. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/9958322-post37.html

Last edited by JDiver; Apr 5, 2009 at 7:03 pm Reason: correct
Old Jun 6, 2008, 9:22 pm

Programs: AA LTP 2MM, Marriott/SPG Rabid Plat w/Ambassador, HHonors Gold
One more data point. I flew AA JFK-LHR two weeks ago, connected to BA LHR-VIE, and then VIE-LHR connecting to AA LHR-LAX, both around mid-day... it took less than 30 minutes in each direction from T3 to T5 and back! Either I just got really lucky, or LHR is finally getting its act together.
Old Jun 6, 2008, 11:00 pm

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8100/4.2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Next week I will be traveling EDI LHR / LHR ORD (FC) on separate PNRs. My LHR ORD is a paper red carbon ticket.

Where is the best place in the system to convert that paper ticket to a real ticket?

I was thinking the admirals club. I obviously want to check in as early as possible. Can make it it all the way to the AC with this red carbon ticket? Any other suggestions?
Old Jun 6, 2008, 11:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by AAaLot
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8100/4.2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Next week I will be traveling EDI LHR / LHR ORD (FC) on separate PNRs. My LHR ORD is a paper red carbon ticket.

Where is the best place in the system to convert that paper ticket to a real ticket?

I was thinking the admirals club. I obviously want to check in as early as possible. Can make it it all the way to the AC with this red carbon ticket? Any other suggestions?

The red carbon ticket is a proper valid real ticket; why wouldn't you get all the way? I don't see why they would reissue a perfectly valid ticket though

Dave
Old Jun 6, 2008, 11:30 pm

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Last week I collected a 20 sector Red Carbon Paper ticket, perhaps one of the last from AA at BKK..Maybe I can sell the stubs on e-bay
Old Jun 6, 2008, 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by Dave Noble

The red carbon ticket is a proper valid real ticket; why wouldn't you get all the way? I don't see why they would reissue a perfectly valid ticket though

Dave
Rephrase: Where is the best place get the boarding pass printed (associated with this red carbon ticket)?
Old Jun 7, 2008, 12:03 am

Rephrase: Where is the best place get the boarding pass printed (associated with this red carbon ticket)?
As you follow flight connections you will get to the flight connections centre where AA has a desk where you can get a boarding pass

Dave
Old Jun 7, 2008, 12:14 am

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
As you follow flight connections you will get to the flight connections centre where AA has a desk where you can get a boarding pass

Dave
If the AA line is long at flight connections can I proceed through the system to print my boarding pass at the admirals club with my red carbon ticket?
Old Jun 7, 2008, 12:27 am

[SIZE=1]]
If the AA line is long at flight connections can I proceed through the system to print my boarding pass at the admirals club with my red carbon ticket?
iirc, you need a boarding pass to pass through but I havent been through for a while.

Dave

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.