Wiki Posts
Search

Allied Pilots Assn. Slams AA

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2008, 11:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Starwood/Marriott, Hilton, IHG
Allied Pilots Assn. Slams AA

Thursday USA Today has 3/4 page ad slamming AA with the bold caption, "Why is American Airlines failing its customers?"

This is another example of why the non-union public hates labor unions. Sure, there is a big problem, but does taking out a rather expensive ad in a paper with that kind of national circulation help the situation? Of course not! I'm not pro or anti-union but when I see these types of ads it just makes me want to hurl.

These 12,000 pilots don't give a crap about AA; at least that is what the ad says to me. They are just upset because they are affected by the groundings. So say that, don't veil it by implying that AA doesn't care about their customers. I don't buy that line. I don't like what is happening as it has affected my travel on CO today but I dislike the tone of the ad and the blatant posturing by the employees against their company even worse.

Today I am going to make it a point to say to EVERY AA pilot I see, "Hey, nice ad. How much of your dues did it take to pay for that thing?"
Old Apr 10, 2008, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The truth is, had AA's mechanics placed these cable-tying cords at the proper interval and secured them properly in the wheel wells, and if management had properly supervised the mechanics, none of this would have happened. You can bet the APA won't mention the role played by the mechanics' sloppy measurements.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 11:45 am

Programs: AA EXP-1MM, SPG Gld, HH Silver, Skymiles, Marriott Silver, Hyatt GP Plat , CO Peon, Hertz 5 Star
We all know AA's handling of this has been at best poor. The APA doesn't help. Running an ad like that was someone what childish.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 11:51 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT Plt, Mets fan
Here's the question: who plays hardball better -- APA vs AA or Clinton vs Obama?
Old Apr 10, 2008, 12:15 pm

Programs: AA - ExPlat 1MM Marriott - Platinum, Hertz - Presidents Circle
Union = Dinosaur.

They don't think beyond what they can see short term. e.g. the industry is on the edge of survival but who cares...throw the company that pays the worker bees their salary. Last I checked, no one wins in this case.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 12:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP-1MM, SPG Gld, HH Silver, Skymiles, Marriott Silver, Hyatt GP Plat , CO Peon, Hertz 5 Star
I think the APA would run the airline into the ground if they had to just to make a point. As was stated here in an earlier post who wins? Yeah the APA makes their point but no only did they bite the hand the feeds them, they bit it off entirely and there is nothing left. APA and mgmt need to realize that 100% of something is better than 100% of nothing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.