Wiki Posts
Search

New payment screen?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2008, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plt
New payment screen?

I searched but haven't seen any threads come up on this. Regardless, I'm sure this will get merged...

But when did the new payment screen come up on AA.com? I went to complete the purchase of a held reservation today, and there's a completely new screen for handling payment. It looks pretty, but it doesn't have a place for a promotion code, which I thought the old one did. Do I need to go back and start again in order to put in a code?
Old Apr 8, 2008, 6:50 pm

Programs: A: PP, LTG/1.5M | UA: SLV | Bonvoy LTTi | IHG PLT| Avis PC | Nat'l Emerald Club EE
Originally Posted by Ajohn
I searched but haven't seen any threads come up on this. Regardless, I'm sure this will get merged...

But when did the new payment screen come up on AA.com? I went to complete the purchase of a held reservation today, and there's a completely new screen for handling payment. It looks pretty, but it doesn't have a place for a promotion code, which I thought the old one did. Do I need to go back and start again in order to put in a code?
IIRC, the promo code has to be entered with the search criteria...promo codes don't apply to all available flights, so searching with a promo code will net different results than searching without one.

cheers!
Old Apr 8, 2008, 6:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, B6 Mosaic

I purchased a couple of tickets a week ago or so, and I too noticed the new payment screen. Looks a little more modern a la new AAdvantage Miles screen.
Old Apr 8, 2008, 8:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat (4 MM), SPG LT Plat (Bonvoy doesn’t exist to me), HH Diamond via cc, Hyatt Globalist

The screen is new, but you've never been able to use a promotion code on a previously held reservation - you always have to start a fresh one.

Also mentioned in the rules on aa.com:

Reservations: Promotion code will not be applied to previous reservations, placed on hold or purchased
Old Apr 8, 2008, 10:41 pm

It looks like the new screen was introduced alongside the new "pay by check" feature. I like the look of it - much more sleek than the old page.
Old Apr 9, 2008, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond

Promo codes are entered when booking, either before the search or just prior to payment. You can NOT hold a reservation and use a promo code for it. You pay for these as soon as you book them. As another poster stated, it has nothing to do with the new screen for payment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.