what is this? "AADVANTAGE --AIR INCENTIVES 1,000 (miles)"

 
Old Mar 19, 08, 7:44 am
  #31  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: MSY (finally); previously BOS, NYC, AUH
Programs: AA EXP, 5MM; BA GLD
Posts: 16,093
Originally Posted by mlgagne View Post
Thanks for the answer to my (in many others opinion) title and question. It was refreshing not to get a blistering critic of either.
You're working hard to make friends around here, eh? I suspect it helped mapsmith provide a substantive answer to your question that our water boarding techniques were successful in eliciting additional detail about precisely what you were looking for.
Blumie is offline  
Old Mar 19, 08, 7:52 am
  #32  
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: London UK
Programs: BAEC Silver
Posts: 2,013
Originally Posted by Blumie View Post
I suspect it helped mapsmith provide a substantive answer to your question that our water boarding techniques were successful in eliciting additional detail about precisely what you were looking for.
britenbsas is offline  
Old Mar 19, 08, 8:51 am
  #33  
IMH
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: HAM
Programs: BA Gold; Accor & IHG Plat; Meliá & HH & Marriott & Radisson Gold
Posts: 5,067
Originally Posted by Blumie View Post
I suspect it helped mapsmith provide a substantive answer to your question
Indeed. And the "Live Search Club" suggestion is virtually impossible to miss in the thread that had been linked to at least twice. Maybe the OP didn't follow up on the tips s/he was given earlier.

Last edited by IMH; Mar 19, 08 at 9:51 am Reason: Mod-requested removal of reference to deleted post
IMH is offline  
Old Mar 19, 08, 9:30 am
  #34  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: NYC
Programs: AA LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Posts: 30,582
OP, if you can dish it out you should be able to take it like a good sport. Otherwise I'll have to take back what I said about you here.
vasantn is offline  
Old Mar 19, 08, 11:37 am
  #35  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: BOS
Programs: AA L/T Gold
Posts: 174
Originally Posted by IMH View Post
Indeed. And the "Live Search Club" suggestion is virtually impossible to miss in the thread that had been linked to at least twice. Maybe the OP didn't follow up on the tips s/he was given earlier.
Maybe I did follow-up and did get the answer. Not sure if you were directing your missive to me or or others, indeed. After reading you comment several times, I'm still not sure what your point (if any) is....
mlgagne is offline  
Old Mar 19, 08, 11:44 am
  #36  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: MSY (finally); previously BOS, NYC, AUH
Programs: AA EXP, 5MM; BA GLD
Posts: 16,093
Can we stick a fork in this one? I think we all (or at least most of us) can agree that this board works best when folks take the time to write a desriptive thread title (something more than just "Question" or "Help needed" or (sorry, OP) "What is this?"), and when people ask a concise question, but not so concise that we have no idea what you're asking about. Of course threads that report on weather in a particular location or inquire about food service on a flight to Tulsa always are welcome.
Blumie is offline  
Old Mar 19, 08, 11:57 am
  #37  
IMH
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: HAM
Programs: BA Gold; Accor & IHG Plat; Meliá & HH & Marriott & Radisson Gold
Posts: 5,067
Yes, the fork's overdue

Originally Posted by mlgagne View Post
Maybe I did follow-up and did get the answer. [...] I'm still not sure what your point (if any) is....
I probably misunderstood your "thanks for the answer" as implying that the "Live Search Club" suggestion was new for you.

Originally Posted by Blumie View Post
Can we stick a fork in this one?
The learned gentleman's suggestion is more than timely. Let's.

Originally Posted by Blumie View Post
Of course threads that report on weather in a particular location or inquire about food service on a flight to Tulsa always are welcome.
Weather 175 miles SE of DFW is far more pleasant than yesterday, thanks. Food service on Tulsa flights, on the other hand, has not improved significantly.
IMH is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: