Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

"We are unable to price your itinerary due to a schedule change" ADVICE NEEDED

"We are unable to price your itinerary due to a schedule change" ADVICE NEEDED

 
Old Feb 25, 08, 6:46 pm
  #1  
chj
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: LON/NYC/BHB
Programs: AA Executive Platinum, CO Silver, Starwood Preferred Guest Gold
Posts: 193
"We are unable to price your itinerary due to a schedule change" ADVICE NEEDED

I'll start with just a summary, but if you need more colour to answer my primary question, please do ask.

Basically, I'm flying from LON to NYC for a well-deserved Easter holiday, leaving on Friday 14 March and returning on Monday 24th March (or something very close to it).

So I go on EF, find no C inventory on 14 March for any flight, no coach inventory below Y on my desired flight (AA141 - the 7:00PM), and nothing below Y on AA137 either (my second best). I usually buy refundable tickets even for leisure travel because of the nature of my job, but the fare differential from H (which I have paid often) to Y (which I have never paid internationally) is on the order of $1400 each way from LHR to JFK!

I really didn't want to spend a stupid amount of money to get home, and if I had to, I was going to pay for J. I figured that I should probably earn miles and Q points for it, so I called the PLT line and was about to hold a $3,000-ish D fare for the outbound, when I checked EF again and saw B inventory for AA141. I asked the AAgent to search again, and sure enough she found the B seat and got me in it.

After my rez went into the system, the flight was showing F7 A0 J7 A6 I0 Y4 B0, so I suspected my upgrade would clear. I also grabbed a B fare for JFK-LHR on the 1159PM flight on the 23rd with a confirmed C upgrade, figuring that I could move to my originally desired day flight on the 24th if inventory opened up on that. All well, right?

WRONG... I open the PNR now to select seats and pay, and what do I find but a big red warning:

We cannot price your itinerary due to a schedule change. Please contact AA reservations.

On the one hand, this is deeply worrying - my flights listed there are exactly the ones I've booked, so it's not a schedule change per se. I worry that they are going back about selling me the B inventory (the AAgent I spoke to put me on hold for more than five minutes to talk to "Rates" after I got her to hold the B seat before she could price it for me.) Obviously, I have to talk to AA.

So here are the QUESTIONS (I'm trying to avoid being the long-rambling-story+no-question newbie around here):

1. If they are trying to charge me the Y fare, what should I do? How should I reason with them?

2. It's 1:30AM in London. Is it more likely to be resolved in my favour if I call now than tomorrow? Also, if I do wait, am I better off calling the UK AAdvantage line when I get up or the US one when it opens?

Awaiting responses...am getting a little sleepy here but I need to be on that plane and I really don't want to spend $3,300+ to fly to New York (well...I'd be happy to on BA in F, Virgin in J, or E0 haha). Look forward to the collective wisdom of the community on this one.

Last edited by Plato90s; Feb 26, 08 at 9:05 am Reason: re-format for easier reading
chj is offline  
Old Feb 25, 08, 7:08 pm
  #2  
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 10,885
At this point the $15 ticket fee is a small price to pay to book through the phone and get a good nights sleep.
HNL is offline  
Old Feb 25, 08, 7:40 pm
  #3  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Posts: 28,192
Originally Posted by HNL View Post
At this point the $15 ticket fee is a small price to pay to book through the phone and get a good nights sleep.
A good night's sleep is not possible at this point, as much caffeine must have been involved for a 543-word post on a schedule change.
3Cforme is offline  
Old Feb 25, 08, 7:44 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: DCA
Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA GS, AMEX PLAT, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Posts: 184
Call aadvantage web services. they can usually get this fixed right up and perhaps even book it over the phone and they will wave the ticketing fee. if not they will get it so that you can ticket online.

US or Canada
1-800-222-2377
6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. CT daily

United Kingdom
08-45-601-0619
8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. GMT
Mon. - Fri.

All Other Locations
1-918-832-1384
6:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. CT daily

p.s. Welcome to FT^^

Last edited by netsc; Feb 25, 08 at 9:08 pm Reason: haha. typo!!!
netsc is offline  
Old Feb 25, 08, 8:37 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: YYZ/MGA
Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Posts: 7,601
Originally Posted by netsc View Post
...even book it over the phone and wave the ticketing fee.
If they are that rude then wave back.
ricktoronto is offline  
Old Feb 26, 08, 8:57 am
  #6  
chj
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: LON/NYC/BHB
Programs: AA Executive Platinum, CO Silver, Starwood Preferred Guest Gold
Posts: 193
Many thanks. Sorry for the panicky tone...it's just that the B inventory was there only for an instant when I grabbed it (agent had initially insisted there was only Y), and when I got home and saw that the reservation was flagged I worried that they were going to try to charge me the Y fare. The hour (and the alcohol, to be honest) probably didn't help my judgment.

In any case, I fell asleep before recieving any replies, rang AA in the morning, and have been ticketed in B outbound and C return. The agent said that when you upgrade a held reservation, you can't pay for it on AA.com. This is the first I've heard of this rule.

In any case, many thanks.
chj is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: