Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What flight do you wish AA would add?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2010, 7:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Bring back the SAN-ORD redeye.
Add a SAN-MIA. This would make connections to the Caribbean much easier.
Make the ORD-FCO year-round.
Upgrade LAX-SJU to a B763. (7+ hours on a domestic B752 is punishing)
Add a DXB flight from ORD or JFK.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 7:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Let's make it easy: AA should just buy UA
Old Apr 26, 2010, 7:44 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by kebosabi
MA actually had a long haul trans-Atlantic flight to JFK? Wow, all this time I thought of them as just a regional carrier for Eastern Europe. Would you share us what type of plane they used for that flight and your "gong show" experience on it?
It was this old 767-200ER. It was a gong show partially because of what the passengers were trying to carry on (successfully!). There were duffel bags the size of large hockey equipment bags stuffed below the guy's feet next to us (he was in the fetal position the whole flight), there were huge pieces of artwork hanging out of the overhead bins that weren't closed, the food included the grossest "pasta" my wife and I had ever seen, I ordered the "brain" (I still don't know what it was), and people were literally walking up and down the aisles during the takeoff. A couple people tried smoking (with varying degrees of success), and the in flight entertainment consisted of a large map that sometimes showed where we were. The Soproni was actually hot, not just warm. The price was right though... It was part of an all-partner aaward that some wonderful folks on flyertalk help me put together, MIA-(AA)-JFK-(MA)-BUD(stop)-(MA)-IST(stop)-(IB)-MAD-(AA)-MIA. The JFK-BUD flight was canceled a few weeks after we flew it. I don't think Malev has any 767s anymore (they had three I think at one point).

Last edited by farrish11; Apr 26, 2010 at 7:47 pm Reason: typo
Old Apr 26, 2010, 7:56 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Personally, I will prefer to have a late PM

ORD-SJU, something like 6:30pm or so.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 8:06 pm

ORD-MXP, ideally year-round but I'd settle for May to October.

As it is, even when JFK-MXP is operational, AA doesn't see fit to schedule a convenient route back to ORD.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 8:06 pm

Does AA have any planes to expand their routes to the South Pacific? I've been looking for flights to SYD lately and noticed that AA flights there are through partners. That's a lot of miles to waste; to the point where I've been looking at UA just so the trip won't seem like a waste.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 8:10 pm

Programs: AA lifetime GOLD, but still an AA Baby compare to people here. CX nobody. BR Silver.
Ord-hkg
dfw-hkg
Old Apr 26, 2010, 8:26 pm

Programs: UA Silver
year round red eye from:

SFO-ORD
SAN-ORD
SJC-ORD
SEA-ORD
PHX-ORD
SJC-JFK
LAS-JFK
Old Apr 26, 2010, 9:39 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by kebosabi
LAX-YVR would be great. I frequently take AS on this route and credit the miles to AA but I'd really like this to be an AA metal flight so I don't have to sit in the back
AS is Alaska???
Old Apr 26, 2010, 9:43 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by blug
year round red eye from:

SFO-ORD
SAN-ORD
SJC-ORD
SEA-ORD
PHX-ORD
SJC-JFK
LAS-JFK
I would add a morning flight from JFK-LAS, this would be competitive with DL and B6
Old Apr 26, 2010, 10:24 pm

Programs: UA1k, DL
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

JFK-OTP
Old Apr 26, 2010, 10:37 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, IHG Plat., former LH HON (now Silver), Bonvoy Titanium
ORD-DUS (like once upon a time....)
LAX-FRA
LAX-HKG
Old Apr 26, 2010, 11:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by theshaun
AS is Alaska???
Yes, AS flies LAX-YVR x4 a day and it's one of their busiest routes. It's also a reason why I think AS should be part of OW
Old Apr 27, 2010, 8:59 am

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, UA 2P
Just get the ORD and DFW to HKG so we can make connect to cs without 2 or 3 stops
Old Apr 27, 2010, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by farrish11
It was this old 767-200ER. It was a gong show partially because of what the passengers were trying to carry on (successfully!). There were duffel bags the size of large hockey equipment bags stuffed below the guy's feet next to us (he was in the fetal position the whole flight), there were huge pieces of artwork hanging out of the overhead bins that weren't closed, the food included the grossest "pasta" my wife and I had ever seen, I ordered the "brain" (I still don't know what it was), and people were literally walking up and down the aisles during the takeoff. A couple people tried smoking (with varying degrees of success), and the in flight entertainment consisted of a large map that sometimes showed where we were. The Soproni was actually hot, not just warm. The price was right though... It was part of an all-partner aaward that some wonderful folks on flyertalk help me put together, MIA-(AA)-JFK-(MA)-BUD(stop)-(MA)-IST(stop)-(IB)-MAD-(AA)-MIA. The JFK-BUD flight was canceled a few weeks after we flew it. I don't think Malev has any 767s anymore (they had three I think at one point).
Wow, thanks for sharing us your experiences on such a short lived MA trans-Atlantic flight! Looks like the fact that there was a direct flight into BUD as a connecting gateway over to IST was the only good thing about it

But your plan shows that AA should consider flying to BUD as MA has stopped flying there now ex-USA. Not so as a destination, but moreso as a connecting hub for MA for Eastern Europe and the Middle East. Not the best airport, but it's the only one OW has closest to qualifying as a "central European hub"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.