Jetlite Award Travel Caution

Old Jan 26, 08, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, MM; UA 2P
Exclamation Jetlite Award Travel Caution

For those who still have award travel ticketed with the former AAdvantage partner Air Sahara (now Jetlite), the fact that AA can no longer reissue Jetlite tickets may cause some problems.

The AA website makes clear that the passenger can no longer make changes to Air Sahara tickets. It does not explain that AA is unable to reissue tickets when Air Sahara/Jetlite makes a schedule change. In my case, it was a 15 minute change in departure time (that did not create any illegal connections or other similar obstacles). About a week before travel, I received a spontaneous call from AA informing me that the ticket must be reissued, and then spent ninety minutes watching PIT agents trying to do so, only to discover that this is now impossible. Finally, a supervisor at AA reservations assured me that the paper ticket I held would be honored and noted the record to that effect.

Arriving at the DEL domestic terminal the Jetlite agent told me that there seemed to be something wrong with my ticket, but after conferring with someone else printed up my boarding pass. This was the leg with the schedule change, and once I flew it I figured all would be fine. But arriving at IXZ for my return journey, I was informed that my ticket was no good and that my entire itinerary had been cancelled (this was part of an all-partner award). The agent even produced a printout saying, "This entire reservation cancelled."

Who cancelled it? Your agent did.

My agent? Yes, American Airlines.

It isn't easy to raise the internet in Port Blair, but I finally did and displayed the reservation, perfectly intact, on aa.com. This had little effect, so I went on to call AA and once I figured out how to get to AA in America got a great agent in Tuscon who really talked me on to the flight. My boarding pass was written out by hand (as are all Jetlite boarding passes in Port Blair) and off I went, with no further difficulties.

I'm doing it all again in April, with the same schedule change, and am working with AA to receive a document that can accompany the paper tickets and perhaps reduce any problems. Or maybe the Jetlite agents in Port Blair will just remember me.

Good luck to all others with Jetlite tickets.
Old Jun 10, 08, 7:42 pm

Is award travel allowed on JetLite (formerly Air Sahara)? I would like to book an award to IXZ but only come up with S2 flight numbers. The 9W flight numbers are zeroed out for whatever reason.
Old Jun 10, 08, 9:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, MM; UA 2P
No, Jetlite (the former Air Sahara) is no longer an AAdvantage partner, and AA awards cannot be booked on S2 flight numbers.
Old Jun 11, 08, 1:19 am

Programs: AA EXP
I had an odd scenario in mid-may where we wanted to change to a MAA-HYD flight instead of the MAA-DEL-HYD (330 miles v. 2000) on an award ticket.

The MAA-HYD flight number showed on the schedule as 9W on the res agents screen (as well as the airport) but ticketing was rejected because it was supposedly operated by Air Sahara. (was not a codeshare, as there was no Airsahara code attached to the flight) Got it worked out within an hour, with the perseverance of an explat agent talking to the ticketing agent.

Must have been previously operated by Air Sahara/Jetlite and ticketing did not recognize the change.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: