Ita & Aa

Old Jan 24, 08, 5:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Ita & Aa

Since transatlantic flights from the US need to be on AA metal to get miles how do i enter this into ITA when searching?

For One World I have the following

LAX :: AA,CX,BA,RJ,AY,IB,JL,LA,MA,QF+
Old Jan 24, 08, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by riteshraja View Post
Since transatlantic flights from the US need to be on AA metal to get miles
not necessarily true

ib, ay, ma do offer aa eqms/eqps at different levels

and believe it or not, ba jfk-man coded as aa flight will earn aa miles per aa rules.
Old Jan 24, 08, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think you need to do two searches: one with all OW airlines *except* BA, given the transatlantic exclusion [LAX :: AA,CX,RJ,AY,IB,JL,LA,MA,QF+], and one where you look at connecting in LON and you force the segment(s) to London or Manchester to be operated on AA only [LAX :: AA+ LON,MAN AA,BA,CX,RJ,AY,IB,JL,LA,MA,QF+]. Also, depending where you're going, you may want to look at using any airline beyond the AA/IB/AY gateway -- e.g. fly AA to CDG and connecting on a short AF flight.

Also, you're missing quite a few OW airlines: the full list is AA/AY/BA/CX/EG/IB/JC/JL/JO/KA/LA/LP/MA/NU/QF/RJ/XL/4M. And if EQMs is what you're after then you need to add AS to the list; if AA miles is what you're after, then there are plenty more airlines to add.

Cheers.
Old Jan 25, 08, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by hillrider View Post
I think you need to do two searches: one with all OW airlines *except* BA, given the transatlantic exclusion [LAX :: AA,CX,RJ,AY,IB,JL,LA,MA,QF+], and one where you look at connecting in LON and you force the segment(s) to London or Manchester to be operated on AA only [LAX :: AA+ LON,MAN AA,BA,CX,RJ,AY,IB,JL,LA,MA,QF+]. Also, depending where you're going, you may want to look at using any airline beyond the AA/IB/AY gateway -- e.g. fly AA to CDG and connecting on a short AF flight.

Also, you're missing quite a few OW airlines: the full list is AA/AY/BA/CX/EG/IB/JC/JL/JO/KA/LA/LP/MA/NU/QF/RJ/XL/4M. And if EQMs is what you're after then you need to add AS to the list; if AA miles is what you're after, then there are plenty more airlines to add.

Cheers.
Thank you. I went ahead and added all these airlines to the ITA Polish greasemonkey script created by Johnathan Nightingale so that the From and To always have all this filled out.

const PREFERRED_DEPARTURE_CITY = "LAX :: AA,AY,BA,CX,EG,IB,JC,JL,JO,KA,LA,LP,MA,NU,QF,RJ,XL ,4M+";
const PREFERRED_TO_CITY = " :: AA,AY,BA,CX,EG,IB,JC,JL,JO,KA,LA,LP,MA,NU,QF,RJ,XL ,4M+";

var toCity = document.getElementsByName("cvgQuery.outboundSlice .destinationSet.userInput")[0];
if(toCity) {
toCity.value = PREFERRED_TO_CITY;
}

BTW who ever wants this script can download it from http://www.downloadtube.com/dhtml-sc...lish-v1-3.html.

It add several usefull things to ITA - like Webflyer links for mileage.

Last edited by riteshraja; Jan 25, 08 at 12:56 pm
Old Jan 25, 08, 1:01 pm

Programs: Top Tiers for 2013 AA, MR, PC Thanks FT!
Is there a tutorial or information on how to use the ITA site? I tried searching but as "ITA" is only 3 letters - I didn't know what other terms might take me there. The only thing I know from reading previous FT posts is "MIA::AA+" One specific question I have is might there be the option of looking at MIA/FLL in the same request? Thanks for any help in pointing me in the right direction for instruction.
Old Jan 25, 08, 2:06 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage and New York City

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Originally Posted by dalm View Post
Is there a tutorial or information on how to use the ITA site? I tried searching but as "ITA" is only 3 letters - I didn't know what other terms might take me there. The only thing I know from reading previous FT posts is "MIA::AA+" One specific question I have is might there be the option of looking at MIA/FLL in the same request? Thanks for any help in pointing me in the right direction for instruction.
See the ITA thread links in this MR Discussion thread.

For MIA and FLL in the same request, it would be:
MIA;FLL:: AA+
Old Jan 25, 08, 2:47 pm

Programs: Top Tiers for 2013 AA, MR, PC Thanks FT!
Thanks, dstan!

Search this Thread