Search

AA KC Overhall-Base Revenue Info 150M

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2008, 7:43 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP (1.5MM), Hilton/SPG/Marriott Gold
AA KC Overhall-Base Revenue Info 150M

This is the old TWA base. I found some of the information interesting, maybe others will as well.

Mainly, I want to know when I will see AA767-300's and AA757's flying to DFW and ORD I am guessing they will try to fit them in on Sunday's and Friday's.

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/...23012008-1.htm

Now the question. Does this mean they did the new J seats at this base?

"American has made tremendous strides in the last two years at its Kansas City base. As part of a Cabin Improvement Program, all 58 of the airline's fleet of 767-300 aircraft received cabin modifications on schedule by the end of 2007."
Old Jan 24, 2008, 10:15 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC, Delta PM, SPG Gold
Good article, thanks for posting.

The MCI base was scheduled for closure (as a TWA relic) until the state of Missouri practically paid AA to keep it open and the people employed. Glad to see some return on the money, but the next round of AA cuts will probably include most everything left of TWA, including this base.

I’ve never had the luck of getting a 767 sub for a MD-80 on the DFW-MCI route. They don’t fly them in there empty do they?
Old Jan 24, 2008, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ja_user

"American has made tremendous strides in the last two years at its Kansas City base. As part of a Cabin Improvement Program, all 58 of the airline's fleet of 767-300 aircraft received cabin modifications on schedule by the end of 2007."
Yep, it means they installed the new 763 J seats at MCIE.

Here's the press release detailing all of MCIE's recent accomplishments:

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/080123/law099.html?.v=99
Old Jan 24, 2008, 5:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Originally Posted by moman
I’ve never had the luck of getting a 767 sub for a MD-80 on the DFW-MCI route. They don’t fly them in there empty do they?
When the 767 mod was on one would go north on Saturday morning and trade places with one on its way out. I guess it was a crew turn at the gate because there was a cold plane waiting there when we got in.
Old Jan 24, 2008, 6:37 pm

Programs: DL D, AA LTP 2.6MM, HHonors Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by ja_user
This is the old TWA base. I found some of the information interesting, maybe others will as well.

Mainly, I want to know when I will see AA767-300's and AA757's flying to DFW and ORD I am guessing they will try to fit them in on Sunday's and Friday's.

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/...23012008-1.htm

Here's some insights from someone knowledagble about this (my son-in-law):

you wont get one anytime soon...all of the 763 B' Class upgrades are already done, and the 757 cabin is being done in Tulsa. TUL-DFW on a 757 should be easy. They will do the 762 refurbs at MCI, but since they're only used on JFK-LAX/SFO, I'm guessing they'll just ferry them to one of the coasts.

I think the 763's were all done at MCI and the 772's are being done at AFW(Alliance)

We just need to continue loving our MADDOG's!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.