Points.com -> AA miles conversion

 
Old Jan 23, 08, 7:52 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: London, UK
Programs: Virgin (silver), KLM (silver), BA, BMI, AA, United, SPG, Priority Club (platinum)
Posts: 37
Points.com -> AA miles conversion

Hi

Does anyone one if I can convert my AA miles into Hotel points.

Points.com allows Priority club points into AA miles but not the other way around. I don't fly AA that often or any partner airlines.

Same applies to my United Card.
I have a small number of miles on each (8k and 5k respectively)

Thanks
propertygirl is offline  
Old Jan 23, 08, 7:54 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 886
Originally Posted by propertygirl View Post
Hi

Does anyone one if I can convert my AA miles into Hotel points.

Points.com allows Priority club points into AA miles but not the other way around. I don't fly AA that often or any partner airlines.

Same applies to my United Card.
I have a small number of miles on each (8k and 5k respectively)

Thanks
aa miles > hhonors points

1 mile = 2 points

5k miles increments

$25 fee per transfer
nacirema is offline  
Old Jan 23, 08, 8:14 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Wenatchee, WA
Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
Posts: 4,909
DON'T go through points.com, you'll lose most of the value of the points. As mentioned above, the best you'll do is the 1:2 direct conversion from AA to HHonors by using the link on aa.com. You can also redeem for Intercontinental points or stays and Marriott stays.

https://commerce.points.com/landing/
BLI-Flyer is offline  
Old Jan 30, 08, 2:14 am
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: London, UK
Programs: Virgin (silver), KLM (silver), BA, BMI, AA, United, SPG, Priority Club (platinum)
Posts: 37
Originally Posted by BLI-Flyer View Post
DON'T go through points.com, you'll lose most of the value of the points. As mentioned above, the best you'll do is the 1:2 direct conversion from AA to HHonors by using the link on aa.com. You can also redeem for Intercontinental points or stays and Marriott stays.

https://commerce.points.com/landing/
Thanks - any idea of the conversion to Diners club points? I am thinking of applying for one for my company expenses. That way I can convert to Priority points too

Thanks
propertygirl is offline  
Old Jan 30, 08, 6:23 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Programs: AAdvantage PLT, HHonors Silver, Pre✓
Posts: 146
Look into WebFlyer's point conversion website for additional conversions among a group of companies.

http://www.webflyer.com/programs/mileage_converter/


I know I see this address posted from time to time.
joshuaw2 is offline  
Old Jan 30, 08, 10:49 am
  #6  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: home = LAX
Posts: 24,107
Originally Posted by propertygirl View Post
Thanks - any idea of the conversion to Diners club points? I am thinking of applying for one for my company expenses. That way I can convert to Priority points too

Thanks
Just like the HHonors, it's all explained at the aa.com site. From the menu at left, select AAdvantage -> Partners & Mileage Programs, then Hotels for Hilton (HHonors) and Credit Cards for Diners Club. In the latter case, you get to:

https://www.aa.com/apps/AAdvantage/V...artnersContent

However, I'm very confused about whether UK DC points work the same as US DC points. (The above is written in terms of US DC points.) The reason is that US DC points convert 1:1 (back) to AA miles, while at the UK DC rewards page:

http://www.dinersclub.co.uk/dce_cont...g/traveloffers

it says you get 2.5 AA miles for each DC point. If your UK DC points are differently valued, the AA page I gave you might not be correct. You might have to contact UK DC and ask them to explain the discrepancy, or perhaps ask UK DC members in the DC forum on FT.

Last edited by sdsearch; Jan 30, 08 at 10:56 am Reason: updated for UK
sdsearch is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread