Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Business Award DFW-PVG, PEK-DFW?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2008, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Best Business Award DFW-PVG, PEK-DFW?

I am going to try to get J-class awards this Oct. for DFW to China. The most direct is ORD to PVG but we really want flat seats. Can we count on them on AA this fall? What are the other possibilities that would be fun to try? Thanks.
Old Jan 20, 2008, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
You might want to consider One World awards using partners that do have flat seats.
Old Jan 20, 2008, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
The 'best' award is the one that's available. If your travel dates have little flexibility and you want J (and not Y or F) you may find yourselves with few options unless you can find an AAnytime routing (meaning solely on AA metal) and are willing to part with lots of miles.

There are many threads on the merits of JAL and Cathay - no need to repeat that here.
Old Jan 20, 2008, 2:23 pm

Do you want "flat" or do you want "horizontal?"

AA F is horizontal while many flights will have business with "flat" but
not quite horizontal.
Old Jan 20, 2008, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
The 'best' award is the one that's available.
Exactly. If, when you call AA, you find you have more than one option, pick one to put on hold -- AA will let you hold it for 14 days -- and then post your options here to solicit opinions. Doing so now is just a waste of everyone's time.
Old Jan 20, 2008, 7:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP/4MM, UA GS, AS MVP GOLD 75K
The AAnytime award on AA is definitely a pretty low value, so I'd try and find something that will work with a standard all-partner award. Regardless of whether you choose CX or JL, you'll have some nice options. there are also lots of connection points in the north america, so make sure to consider them all (SFO, ORD, LAX, YVR, JFK, HNL, YYZ, etc.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.