Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Admirals Club Treasure Hunt (drink chit / chits / coupons, etc.)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 28, 2012, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST

These are archived "Admirals Club Treasure Hunt" posts. The current thread is here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation/1641953-admirals-club-treasure-hunt-drink-chit-chits-coupons-etc-master-thread-2015-a.html

● American AAdvantage Forum Moderation Team
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Admirals Club Treasure Hunt (drink chit / chits / coupons, etc.)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2007, 7:29 am
FTW

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by FTW
February 15, 2007
DFW AC Terminal A
drink chit

bar at far end
find the round table with four computers
under the keyboard of computer that has most direct view of bar

Thanks FTers...and happy hunting!
Okay...I can't take the suspense. Did anyone find it?!
Old Feb 16, 2007, 7:32 am

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by cynicAAl
but why is everyone calling them a "chit" instead of a drink ticket or coupon ?

Now that I think about it, I'm wondering it to. I've always just called them "chits" but yeah, why is that?

(I call them "drink coupons" at the A/C....they think I'm mispronouncing something else when I say "chit"....)
Old Feb 16, 2007, 8:11 am

Programs: AA PLT, 1.8mm
Originally Posted by Goldfishhh
Just in case the rock you have been living underneath didn't use the word "Sticker", those are electronic 500-mile upgrades.

Exactly, not sure why we're still using terminology from the 1950's. It's not like we call Betty a stewardess anymore (at least not to her face).
Old Feb 23, 2007, 1:03 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Amtrak Select+
MEX Feb 23

I hope I'm able to give back a little for all of learned the past few months with my first post. There is a drink chit/coupon in the MEX AC mens room (sorry ladies) under the vase on the sink countertop. The date is blank so it could still work if your passing through over the weekend. I also found that a $1 tip per drink at this particular AC can make 2 chits magically turn into 4 cocktails so that kind of depreciates the value a bit, but thanks for playing anyway.
Old Feb 23, 2007, 1:42 pm

To my mind that is an appreciation in value.
Originally Posted by bmorec
I also found that a $1 tip per drink at this particular AC can make 2 chits magically turn into 4 cocktails so that kind of depreciates the value a bit, but thanks for playing anyway.
Old Feb 23, 2007, 5:26 pm
Used to be mmsteidl

Programs: AA PLAT for life, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat Ambassador
OMG, this is funny. And all that because AA is unable (well, rather unwilling) to have proper lounges (from a European point of view).

As most of my travel is international, I never had a problem to get into an AC at all. Only twice, probably the only time I really had paid A/D tickets (in SFO on a domestic flight and in SJC as there is no AC).
Old Feb 23, 2007, 6:25 pm
FTW

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Originally Posted by mmsteidl
...in SJC as there is no AC
There isn't?
Old Feb 27, 2007, 3:20 pm
Used to be mmsteidl

Programs: AA PLAT for life, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat Ambassador
Sorry, I meant SJO.
Old Mar 4, 2007, 1:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3mm, Hertz Presidents Circle, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Drink Ticket Mexico City AC

1 drink ticket, hidden under the plant next to the copier as you enter the business center, Mexico City Admirals Club.

Go get it!

-ayton
Old Mar 4, 2007, 1:48 pm

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
While a minor thought for a relatively new posters ..

There is one (ok two) common threads for this type of posting that should be used in future.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...t=master+drink
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ght=Club+drink

Perhaps we should have these merged and the Treasure Hunt concept placed in the Wiki???
Old Mar 4, 2007, 1:55 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
AC "Trasure" drink chits threads merged. Great idea to make mention in the Wiki; already "tacked" to in the Unofficial Guide sticky.

My apologies if the merge causes a lack of flow, but after all, it's about mentions of chits etc. generally dated and available for a brief time (or not, if the cleaning crew isn't on the ball! )
Old Mar 4, 2007, 4:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by ayton
1 drink ticket, hidden under the plant next to the copier as you enter the business center, Mexico City Admirals Club.

Go get it!

-ayton
What's strange about MEX is they outright told me when I checked-in at the AC that I can get more drink coupons if I wanted them ... do they not say that every day or something?
Old Mar 4, 2007, 5:34 pm

Programs: AA PLT-Lite. UA Recovering 1k, HH Silver
Lax

The strangely shredded chairs near the windows near the computers near the bar. There's a menu on the glass table there. Look behind hot sandwiches. It is dated 2/28, but I just used its twin.
Old Mar 4, 2007, 5:34 pm

Programs: Former AA EXP/2M Lifetime now Blackballed UA Premier Executive PWP Bronze
sf rockstar

bad news...

i am sat at the ORD AC reading this read drinking the sugar free rockstar i just acquired via my chit. this is my 4th AC visit on this trip (DFW, SNA, FRA and now ORD) and the 1st time on this trip i have even received a chit. after reading the thread i was looking forward to participation, but then i saw the rockstar addition to the AC offerings...

sorry
Old Mar 4, 2007, 7:39 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
Just a quick question on this. I am flying SYD-HKG-LAX-MIA-MCO in a couple of weeks. Flying into LAX on CX and have a 7 hour layover in LAX. As a QF SG, I believe I get free drink chits - and I can go and get more if I need them - given its 7 hours I might need a few . The thing is - what is to stop me repeatedly asking for more chits and simply depositing them around the AC - other than the dragon refusing to contiue to supply me?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.