Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Admirals Club Treasure Hunt (drink chit / chits / coupons, etc.)

Old Oct 28, 2012, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST

These are archived "Admirals Club Treasure Hunt" posts. The current thread is here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation/1641953-admirals-club-treasure-hunt-drink-chit-chits-coupons-etc-master-thread-2015-a.html

● American AAdvantage Forum Moderation Team
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Admirals Club Treasure Hunt (drink chit / chits / coupons, etc.)

Old Sep 30, 2006, 8:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP>2m, Alaska MVP, Virgin Gold, Delta Gold, Starwood Gold, Cathay Pacific Silver
I'll be at the LAX AC for a 6:30 am flight on Tuesday (assuming that the AC opens that early.) If you see me asleep in a chair, please wake me and point me toward the coffee.
Old Sep 30, 2006, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by workandski
I'll be at the LAX AC for a 6:30 am flight on Tuesday (assuming that the AC opens that early.) If you see me asleep in a chair, please wake me and point me toward the coffee.
Open 5:15 a.m. (though they always seem slow in opening the door.)
Old Oct 1, 2006, 3:01 am

Programs: AA EXP, MR Gold
I was in the LAX AC on Thursday night, on my way to YYZ via ORD, and asked for drink chits for international travel. I was surprised to hear that YYZ didnt count as international, and therefore not entitled to drink chits. I was planning on adding to the game...
Old Oct 2, 2006, 5:03 am
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by C17PSGR
Shouldn't this be a sticky not specific to LAX?

Also, noticed today that my ORD AC drink chits weren't stamped ORD. Did they goof or is that something new?
I'll post ORD one here too. (Also not stamped with ORD btw, just dated today.)

H concourse AC, far left computer terminal (closest to window), on the shelf behind the cardboard lenovo sign.

PS - if anyone is around before 9ish please stop by and say hello.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 5:10 am

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
Is there a consistent location that could be used in any AC where a chit could be left and checked discreetly?

On the other hand, if AC staff found chits lying around, they might not be so freely available.
Old Oct 2, 2006, 6:04 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
One member recomended the title be changed so this thread could serve as a spare chit indicator for all the ACs (non needed in FLs,) rather than have someone start a new thread for another club. As others are already mentioned, I have taken the liberty of changing the title. Great idea, Blumie et al!
Old Oct 2, 2006, 8:59 am

Programs: AA LTGLD, DL PLT, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Great idea - better than using them as bookmarks as I've done in the past.
However, last time at RDU, they wrote my name and some number on each of the two coupons (PLT+intl) - not sure I would pass those on to some stranger... Anyone know when/why they mark them like that?
Old Oct 4, 2006, 2:40 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
DFW terminal A AC, computer stall nearest photocopier/fax, on the shelf behind the non-laptop users sign.
Old Nov 5, 2006, 12:10 pm

AC Treasure Hunt (drink chits, etc.) master thread

There are 2 drink chits good through the end of 5, Nov.

Location: Immediately to the right of the computers by the bar, there is a 'What makes you special' IBM ad. There are flyers below the ad. The last flyer in the set that reads 'The specialized enterprise' has the chits.

Enjoy.

Thanks for the idea brp.
Old Nov 5, 2006, 5:21 pm

And there is now one in the MIA D AC. (valid through the end of 05-Nov)

Location: Immediately outside the room with the computer terminals, there is a table with a sign saying "Quiet Area Please Refrain From Cell Phone Use". The chit is under the sign.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by ricktoronto
Well not really, I show my AC card , ask where my departing gate is and ask for a couple of drink chits and they provide them. All they need to confirm is you are arriving from or departing to an international flight. I get them on arrival in MIA as well as departure.
Wow, you are brave. I would never try that when traveling on an eligible international itinerary.

I would be worried that some uninformed gatekeeper might say: "Oh, if you're a member, you never get drink coupons, because otherwise, what would be point of charging in the first place?"

As I've said before, it is likely that AC members are the lowest on the totem pole from the perspective of PS mgmt because AA does not get any additional revenue when you walk in. By contrast, every time a OW elite (or QF Club member) enters, the sponsoring airline pays AA a token amount. And premium international/full-fare transcon F/P pax clearly have shelled out a great deal of cash (or cash+miles+copay) to AA for just that one trip.
Old Nov 7, 2006, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
In fact, I seem to recall a thread a while back in which an FTer said that he went to the AC (traveling internationally), and when the gatekeeper said "you know, you travel so much that you really should become a member," the FTer responded, "Actually, I am a member, but if I showed you my card, you wouldn't give me any drink chits." And it met with a scowl.
Old Nov 8, 2006, 8:30 am

Programs: AA GLD (1MM), Hyatt PLT, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
I have a three hour layover in DFW on Friday on the way to the UK.

What are the chances of getting drinks chits at the AC in A and then getting the train to D and getting some more in the AC there?

If that works, then watch the AC Treasure Hunt thread on Friday as I won't be using them anyway.
Old Nov 8, 2006, 11:32 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by g1ant
I have a three hour layover in DFW on Friday on the way to the UK.

What are the chances of getting drinks chits at the AC in A and then getting the train to D and getting some more in the AC there?
100 percent. Just Do It. Might as well make the AC grand tour and hit all of 'em, as well as the BA Lounge in D.
Old Nov 8, 2006, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by SquareDanceGuy
100 percent. Just Do It. Might as well make the AC grand tour and hit all of 'em, as well as the BA Lounge in D.
Now, that is truly being a team player.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.