LAX=>TPE Taipei on AA codeshare

Old Jan 18, 08, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

LAX=>TPE Taipei on AA codeshare

Trying to get from LAX to TPE on AA, but I'm having problems finding a workable itin on AA.com

I can get from LAX -> NRT on AA then NRT -> TPE on JAA but can't seem to find a suitable JAA flight from TPE to NRT so that I can make the NRT-> LAX flight. AA.com keeps spitting out CX flights that are too early. Any ideas how I can make it work?
Old Jan 18, 08, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Take the Eva Air codeshare. I did it in Premium Laurel (business class) for under $2400 r/t all-in and loved it.
Old Jan 18, 08, 9:17 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
The EVA 747 so-called Business Class has been described as crAAp by some, but the 777 flight has a much improved Business cabin (angle-flat seats.) You might want to try the Other Asian, Australian and South Pacific Frequent Flyer Programs Forum and use the Advanced - Beta search with keywords "EVA Laurel" for more information.
Old Jan 18, 08, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Silver
The two early flights on JAA (before April 1) and JL (after April 1) connect well to all AA flights from Narita except AA 176. There have been some problems with JAL loading the inventory after April 1. I haven't seen anything yet, so that can be the source of the issues you are noticing.
Old Jan 19, 08, 12:31 pm

Programs: AA PLT/1MM, Priority Club Platinum
Originally Posted by TraveltheWorld View Post
Trying to get from LAX to TPE on AA, but I'm having problems finding a workable itin on AA.com

I can get from LAX -> NRT on AA then NRT -> TPE on JAA but can't seem to find a suitable JAA flight from TPE to NRT so that I can make the NRT-> LAX flight. AA.com keeps spitting out CX flights that are too early. Any ideas how I can make it work?
There is a 10am JL flight but I've had problems in the past making it come up (it's annoying that I have to force the connection in NRT in order to get AA metal on the trans-pac sector).
Old Jan 19, 08, 2:08 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AAdv since Day One
Unless the OP has a desire to burn some miles for an upgrade, or us an eVIP, I would take the AA codeshare on BR (Eva). There is a lot to be said for a n/s versus a connection.

If have taken it TPE-LAX on the new 777 in Biz with the new seat which is not quite "straight" but much better than the old BC seat. I think this was because they did not quite have the seat pitch necessary to make it straight even though it was angled. But all-in-all comfortable enough.

I also took it TPE-SFO on the 747 upstairs in F. That was nice. A true lie-flat bed seat, not a suite, but you can't beat a 180 recline. In both cases the services was excellent, the food as good as you will find on AA or JL and the IFE as good as AA.
Old Jan 19, 08, 2:13 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by UnitedSkies View Post
Take the Eva Air codeshare. I did it in Premium Laurel (business class) for under $2400 r/t all-in and loved it.
I agree 100% Take the 777 its worth the money and time saved. I've done LAX-TPE on Eva codeshare, LAX-HKG-TPE-HKG-LAX on CX, and TPE-HKG-NRT-LAX on CX and AA and the Eva air flight was the best. It looks like its up to $3200 for the r/t but you could buy two one ways and save a couple hundred bucks.
Old Jan 19, 08, 3:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Quick Question on the EVA LAX-TPE flight, do you get full EQP's and the EXP milage bonus if booked as an AA flight number?
Old Jan 20, 08, 12:11 am

Programs: AA PLT, AAdv since Day One
Originally Posted by squall1 View Post
Quick Question on the EVA LAX-TPE flight, do you get full EQP's and the EXP milage bonus if booked as an AA flight number?
Yes.
Old Jan 20, 08, 8:40 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
As you would on any / all AA codeshares; AA miles / points earning rules apply.

Originally Posted by squall1 View Post
Old Jan 20, 08, 8:46 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, MR Plat, SPG Plat, PC Plat
I'm in HK now and when I return later this week it will have been twice in the last 60 days that I've done the EVA/AA codeshare through TPE to HKG. I believe all the LAX-TPE flights are now using the 777 equip and seats. Quite nice. Not truly flat, but comfortable enough for sure. Especially considering how much less they cost vs. CX. Full AA bennies (EQP, etc...) as would be expected from a codeshare. Good service and decent food. I will be coming to HKG at least 4-6 times more this year and will likely use this flight due to it's cost benefit over CX. Not a bad experience at all.
Old Jan 20, 08, 11:30 am

The BR/AA codeshare is fine. IMHO the 5x/week afternoon departure is a great flight; arrives next evening at 22:00. All LAX-TPE is 777 except for one day IIRC.

IME, I've always gotten much cheaper AA codshare fares from travel agents than aa.com. Be sure to have the exact code from an ita search.

Search this Thread