How long it take to process account merger request?

Old Jan 17, 08, 7:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat, HHonor Diamond, Hyatt PLAT, Marriott PLat, UA 1K, AA EXP, DL PLAT, BMI Gold, Co PLAT
Question How long it take to process account merger request?

My wife has 2 AA account, one of them is opened by citibank (a mistake). Both account have miles and I have request account merger 1 week ago. Anyone have done this before? How long will take?

Thanks
Old Jan 17, 08, 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by yyliu88 View Post
My wife has 2 AA account, one of them is opened by citibank (a mistake). Both account have miles and I have request account merger 1 week ago. Anyone have done this before? How long will take?

Thanks
it took few days and during the process it wasn't possible to see either account
Old Jan 18, 08, 6:46 am

How long will take?
24 hours after the request is received.

How did you request it? Call 800-882-8880 and it will be comeplete by the next day.
Old Jan 18, 08, 7:56 am

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
You did call AA and not Citi, I hope. (The AA number is in the post above.) The reason I ask is that several years ago we experienced a similar situation. My husband was given a new AAdvantage account number along with his new Citi card, even though he had provided his old account number on the application.

I called Citi to discuss it and they promised to merge the accounts. Like you, I waited about a week, but nothing happened. I made several attempts (I'm a slow learner and Citi kept promising they could handle it) before I finally decided to call AA. By the next day the accounts were merged.
Old Jan 18, 08, 8:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat, HHonor Diamond, Hyatt PLAT, Marriott PLat, UA 1K, AA EXP, DL PLAT, BMI Gold, Co PLAT
Well, I called AA, since the first name under both account are different(one has her former FIRST name, they asked me to fax them the request and proof of same person.

It has been 1 week after I faxed them, nothing happened.

Any suggestion?
Thanks
Old Jan 18, 08, 9:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Any suggestion?
I suggest calling again, if you haven't already.
Old Jan 19, 08, 6:34 am

Well, I called AA, since the first name under both account are different(one has her former FIRST name, they asked me to fax them the request and proof of same person.

It has been 1 week after I faxed them, nothing happened.

Any suggestion?
Thanks
It is unusual to have a former first name and that is why they want documentation to insure the two accounts are for the same person.

Faxing the document into the general fax line puts you into a new queue and it is worked FIFO. It may be a week or 2 or 3 before it gets worked. If you are anxious to get it done, call back; ask for a supervisor to explain the situation and request to fax it directly to that person, who will most likely work it promptly.
Old Jan 19, 08, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Island View Post
It is unusual to have a former first name and that is why they want documentation to insure the two accounts are for the same person.

Faxing the document into the general fax line puts you into a new queue and it is worked FIFO. It may be a week or 2 or 3 before it gets worked. If you are anxious to get it done, call back; ask for a supervisor to explain the situation and request to fax it directly to that person, who will most likely work it promptly.
Thanks for this!!!

Search this Thread