AA Plat benefits

 
Old Jan 15, 08, 2:48 am
  #1  
Original Poster
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 3,077
AA Plat benefits

Hi all,

First, apologies if this topic has been discussed numerous times, but I could not find any specific answer to what I was looking for. Tried the unofficial guide to AAdvantage thread and also the AA website itself too..but to no avail.

Well, I just wanted to confirm if I am correct in believing that as a AA Plat member, I can nominate someone to Gold level? I am very certain that I read this somewhere on the AAdvantage website before, but now I just can't find this benefit listed anywhere. Can someone confirm this with me? I did call the AA desk in UK to ask, but the agent told me that he has never heard of this benefit before in his 7 years of working there..

Thanks.



btw: I find it totally lame that AA is not able to send luggage tags to members who are at this level if they live outside of the US, even by paying for it.. how lame can they be
nldogbert is offline  
Old Jan 15, 08, 2:54 am
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Benicia CA
Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Posts: 31,169
Take a look at this thread from 2006, as it's probably what you're thinking about. The first post mentions awarding gold status to friends.
AAdvantage 25th Anniversary Elite Rewards Offer...
tom911 is offline  
Old Jan 15, 08, 2:57 am
  #3  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: DFW/DAL
Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus
Posts: 19,302
Originally Posted by nldogbert View Post
Hi all,


btw: I find it totally lame that AA is not able to send luggage tags to members who are at this level if they live outside of the US, even by paying for it.. how lame can they be
I find it totally lame that people in the US get 500 mile upgrades when reaching 1MM while those in Belgium get EVIPS
mvoight is offline  
Old Jan 15, 08, 5:38 am
  #4  
Original Poster
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 3,077
Originally Posted by tom911 View Post
Take a look at this thread from 2006, as it's probably what you're thinking about. The first post mentions awarding gold status to friends.
AAdvantage 25th Anniversary Elite Rewards Offer...

Ahh... but is this still valid? I could not also find anything when I looked into my AAdvantage Elite Rewards offer. I guess it is dead.. but just wanted some confirmation.

Thanks.



p.s: Still awaiting my Plat. package to arrive.
nldogbert is offline  
Old Jan 15, 08, 6:08 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Born SMF, was BOS, now NYC
Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold
Posts: 179
Originally Posted by mvoight View Post
I find it totally lame that people in the US get 500 mile upgrades when reaching 1MM while those in Belgium get EVIPS
I'll agree that it's annoying b/c I don't see myself hitting EXP for a while, but it's certainly more understandable than AA not sending luggage tags to OP evn though he offered to pay for them.
ValiantFlyer is offline  
Old Jan 15, 08, 7:31 am
  #6  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: SJC/VCE
Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Posts: 10,159
Originally Posted by nldogbert View Post
I can nominate someone to Gold level?
No.
bdemaria is offline  
Old Jan 15, 08, 8:33 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: DFW, SEA and AA in between
Programs: AA-3MM-ExPLT
Posts: 1,146
Originally Posted by nldogbert View Post
Well, I just wanted to confirm if I am correct in believing that as a AA Plat member, I can nominate someone to Gold level? I am very certain that I read this somewhere on the AAdvantage website before, but now I just can't find this benefit listed anywhere. Can someone confirm this with me? I did call the AA desk in UK to ask, but the agent told me that he has never heard of this benefit before in his 7 years of working there..
No.

What you are remembering was a one-time offer - as was pointed out - in 2006 as part of the 25th anniversary celebration. It was one of the choices a platinum could make for flying an extra 25K miles.
BStrauss3 is offline  
Old Jan 15, 08, 8:58 am
  #8  
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: McKinney, TX, USA
Programs: AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Plat; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Discoverist
Posts: 11,198
Originally Posted by nldogbert View Post
btw: I find it totally lame that AA is not able to send luggage tags to members who are at this level if they live outside of the US, even by paying for it.. how lame can they be
I didn't think that AA sent luggage tags out to Plats anywhere in the world anymore US or not (except for MM status tags?)
hhoope01 is offline  
Old Jan 15, 08, 10:44 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Programs: AA EXP 1.58 MM; WOH Globalist; HH Diamond
Posts: 83
Originally Posted by hhoope01 View Post
I didn't think that AA sent luggage tags out to Plats anywhere in the world anymore US or not (except for MM status tags?)
I would agree with that, I certainly never got tags. I did recieve the PLT card within about 10 days though.
Laney Hit Grice is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread