AA Plat benefits

Old Jan 15, 08, 2:48 am
Original Poster
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

AA Plat benefits

Hi all,

First, apologies if this topic has been discussed numerous times, but I could not find any specific answer to what I was looking for. Tried the unofficial guide to AAdvantage thread and also the AA website itself too..but to no avail.

Well, I just wanted to confirm if I am correct in believing that as a AA Plat member, I can nominate someone to Gold level? I am very certain that I read this somewhere on the AAdvantage website before, but now I just can't find this benefit listed anywhere. Can someone confirm this with me? I did call the AA desk in UK to ask, but the agent told me that he has never heard of this benefit before in his 7 years of working there..

Thanks.

btw: I find it totally lame that AA is not able to send luggage tags to members who are at this level if they live outside of the US, even by paying for it.. how lame can they be
Old Jan 15, 08, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Take a look at this thread from 2006, as it's probably what you're thinking about. The first post mentions awarding gold status to friends.
AAdvantage 25th Anniversary Elite Rewards Offer...
Old Jan 15, 08, 2:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus
Originally Posted by nldogbert View Post
Hi all,

btw: I find it totally lame that AA is not able to send luggage tags to members who are at this level if they live outside of the US, even by paying for it.. how lame can they be
I find it totally lame that people in the US get 500 mile upgrades when reaching 1MM while those in Belgium get EVIPS
Old Jan 15, 08, 5:38 am
Original Poster
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by tom911 View Post
Take a look at this thread from 2006, as it's probably what you're thinking about. The first post mentions awarding gold status to friends.
AAdvantage 25th Anniversary Elite Rewards Offer...

Ahh... but is this still valid? I could not also find anything when I looked into my AAdvantage Elite Rewards offer. I guess it is dead.. but just wanted some confirmation.

Thanks.

p.s: Still awaiting my Plat. package to arrive.
Old Jan 15, 08, 6:08 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by mvoight View Post
I find it totally lame that people in the US get 500 mile upgrades when reaching 1MM while those in Belgium get EVIPS
I'll agree that it's annoying b/c I don't see myself hitting EXP for a while, but it's certainly more understandable than AA not sending luggage tags to OP evn though he offered to pay for them.
Old Jan 15, 08, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
I can nominate someone to Gold level?
No.
Old Jan 15, 08, 8:33 am

Programs: AA-3MM-ExPLT
Well, I just wanted to confirm if I am correct in believing that as a AA Plat member, I can nominate someone to Gold level? I am very certain that I read this somewhere on the AAdvantage website before, but now I just can't find this benefit listed anywhere. Can someone confirm this with me? I did call the AA desk in UK to ask, but the agent told me that he has never heard of this benefit before in his 7 years of working there..
No.

What you are remembering was a one-time offer - as was pointed out - in 2006 as part of the 25th anniversary celebration. It was one of the choices a platinum could make for flying an extra 25K miles.
Old Jan 15, 08, 8:58 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Plat; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Discoverist
I didn't think that AA sent luggage tags out to Plats anywhere in the world anymore US or not (except for MM status tags?)
Old Jan 15, 08, 10:44 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.58 MM; WOH Globalist; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by hhoope01 View Post
I didn't think that AA sent luggage tags out to Plats anywhere in the world anymore US or not (except for MM status tags?)
I would agree with that, I certainly never got tags. I did recieve the PLT card within about 10 days though.

Search this Thread