Wiki Posts
Search

Air-side AA check-in facilities?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2008, 7:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Haven't been flying for a while... :(
Air-side AA check-in facilities?

Not being intimately familiar with ORD (gasp!), I figure this is the best place to ask.

I have an itinerary coming up that will put me on two separate tickets, with the main ticket ORD-CDG. I will reach ORD from YYZ on UA, airside. As an international ticket, I can't use online check-in for my AA flight. As UA and AA are in different terminals at YYZ, checking in for both tickets there is difficult (though still feasible if necessary).

My questions, therefore, are about air-side check-in. I will be PLT during this trip.

1. Can I check in for my ORD-CDG flight at the United desk in YYZ? If so, can I interline checked luggage?
2. If not, can I check in at the Admiral's Club in ORD?
3. If not, can I check in *anywhere* air-side in ORD?
4. Do the answers to 2 and 3 change if I have checked luggage that I can't interline?
Old Jan 13, 2008, 7:16 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On can interline you bags regardless of your being checked in or not.

When you arrive in ORD - simply go to the AC and check-in for your onward flight.

There are a few kiosks scattered around the H and K concourses.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 7:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Haven't been flying for a while... :(
I can interline checked luggage with only an itinerary? (This is a full separate e-ticket, not a UA segment on AA stock.) Learn something new every day.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 7:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Plat, US Chairman, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IC RA
Originally Posted by lavalyn
I can interline checked luggage with only an itinerary? (This is a full separate e-ticket, not a UA segment on AA stock.) Learn something new every day.
Yes - be sure you have both your PNR and your flight numbers & cities. That way, they can manually input your flight numbers & destination if they can't pull up your PNR.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 7:32 pm

Can you really connect directly from an arrival UA gate to the departure side of AA? I'm not an ORD expert but I've been there often and that doesn't sound right.

HNL's profile says Chicago so I'm probably wrong, but are all the terminals connected past security?
Old Jan 13, 2008, 7:34 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by c_stanley
Can you really connect directly from an arrival UA gate to the departure side of AA? I'm not an ORD expert but I've been there often and that doesn't sound right.

HNL's profile says Chicago so I'm probably wrong, but are all the terminals connected past security?
Terminals 1 (UA), 2, and 3 (AA) are all connected airside.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Yes, he'll pre-clear at YYZ and arrive at ORD as a "domestic" flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.