Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA 2396 on 3/02 f0 y0 what gives?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2008, 11:02 am
Original Poster

AA 2396 on 3/02 f0 y0 what gives?

I am trying to book ege-ewr on 3/2 no avalibility, i check the seat maps and there are 12 seats in F and lots of Y seats unreserved.

I do understand that a few might be booked and not assigned however......

Does AA hold back inventory? if so who so many?
Old Jan 3, 2008, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
That does seem odd. Sometimes AA will zero out a flight in anticipation of a schedule change, though. It is also possible that there is a large group booking, for which seats often are not assigned in advance.

Last edited by Blumie; Jan 3, 2008 at 12:27 pm
Old Jan 3, 2008, 11:11 am
Original Poster

I have flow that flight many times 2396 ege-ewr turns right around as 2397 ewr-ege same crew & metal and there is plenty of availability. I know this because i have waited numerous times at ewr ac for the flight to come in.
Old Jan 3, 2008, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 87155
I have flow that flight many times 2396 ege-ewr turns right around as 2397 ewr-ege same crew & metal and there is plenty of availability. I know this because i have waited numerous times at ewr ac for the flight to come in.
You know that there is plenty of availability on March 2, 2008 from having waited numerous times at EWR for the flight to come in? That's a pretty neat trick. No reason for you to subscribe to ExpertFlyer, I imagine.
Old Jan 3, 2008, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat (4 MM), SPG LT Plat (Bonvoy doesn’t exist to me), HH Diamond via cc, Hyatt Globalist
IIRC, all flights out of EGE (except maybe to DFW) are weight restricted, and they don't sell all 188 seats on them. For anyone who's never flown out of EGE, it's quite an experience - you need to get off the ground quickly. All the way to EWR, it wouldn't surprise me if they held back 40 or more seats, which is why it looks like there are so many empty ones in the seat map (which is never a reliable, oh never mind...)
Old Jan 3, 2008, 1:28 pm

Programs: CO Gold, UA Premier Exec
Originally Posted by 87155
AA has no idea who's going to crew what for march. That will be figured out next month. Don't assume
Old Jan 4, 2008, 6:13 pm

Programs: AA, UA, NW
Yes, the flight is weight restricted. 188 seats inbound and 135 outbound, right now it has no availability. So the seat map may be correct as more than 50 seats are unavailable. STL - SNA has the same thing happen. MD80 with 140 seats inbound and only 95 on the outbound.
Old Jan 4, 2008, 9:30 pm

The departure procedure from Vail is one of the most demanding in the world. Departing from runway 25 can call for a climb of 750 ft per nautical mile. This climb gradient is extreeemly high. It is litterally "off the chart"...there's a conversion table in the front of the US Terminal Procedures publication, but it only goes up to 700 ft per NM. Almost no commercial jet can achieve that performance at max weight.
Old Jan 5, 2008, 3:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by SAN-man
IIRC, all flights out of EGE (except maybe to DFW) are weight restricted, and they don't sell all 188 seats on them. For anyone who's never flown out of EGE, it's quite an experience - you need to get off the ground quickly. All the way to EWR, it wouldn't surprise me if they held back 40 or more seats, which is why it looks like there are so many empty ones in the seat map (which is never a reliable, oh never mind...)
That makes sense as EGE-MIA, 2378, is showing all 0, except for 1Y
Old Jan 6, 2008, 12:33 am

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
What about a big tour group, or groups, booking but without assigned seats?
Old Jan 6, 2008, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by billgrates3
What about a big tour group, or groups, booking but without assigned seats?
Did you read the thread before posting?
Old Jan 6, 2008, 10:29 am

I look forward to the day when the runway extension is completed
Old Jan 6, 2008, 10:40 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat (4 MM), SPG LT Plat (Bonvoy doesn’t exist to me), HH Diamond via cc, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by eireman
I look forward to the day when the runway extension is completed
This summer, right? Last time I was there, it looked like they'd moved most of the land around, but hadn't paved it before this winter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.