Seat selection on BA codeshare

Old Jan 1, 2008, 11:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA: GOLD, MARRIOTT: TITANIUM, IHG: PLAT, HILTON: GOLD
Seat selection on BA codeshare

I have a trip planned with two segments on BA, I can't choose seats online, is there any other way for PLT to reserve seats on BAmetal (AA codeshare)?
Old Jan 2, 2008, 2:10 am

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
Originally Posted by circusboy
I have a trip planned with two segments on BA, I can't choose seats online, is there any other way for PLT to reserve seats on BAmetal (AA codeshare)?
On ba.com you can use your aa.com Record Locator to log on to Manage my Booking, where as a PLT you can select a seat.
Old Jan 2, 2008, 2:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by nbevan
On ba.com you can use your aa.com Record Locator to log on to Manage my Booking, where as a PLT you can select a seat.
I wouldn't have thought that that would work if travelling on an AA codeshare on BA

Dave
Old Jan 2, 2008, 3:02 am

Programs: AA Gold, 1MM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, EI Concierge
It has worked for me in the past - look for the Amadeus locator number within your booking and if you cant log in with your AA reference then you will be able to log in with the BA locator.
Old Jan 2, 2008, 3:06 am

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
I wouldn't have thought that that would work if travelling on an AA codeshare on BA
I have reserved a seat on AY and IB codeshares on BA (but had to get the BA booking reference to log in).
Old Jan 2, 2008, 3:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat for Life, ex BD Gld (RIP)
Originally Posted by Dave Noble

Dave
Works every time for me.
Old Jan 2, 2008, 3:38 am
SST

I just got off a BA-codeshare flight (GB Airways, from Tunis) where I did it using the BA 'manage my booking' device. Worked fine, except that the contract staff of Tunisair at TUN couldn't print out any continuing boarding passes on American--- had to use the Flight Connections desk in London.
Old Jan 2, 2008, 4:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by SST
I just got off a BA-codeshare flight (GB Airways, from Tunis)
GB airways is not really a codeshare any more than an AA flight number on American Connection is a codeshare though

If the BA MMB allows seat allocation for flight with an AA flight number then cool; I'm just surprised

Dave
Old Jan 2, 2008, 5:31 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT., Marriott LT GLD
And be sure to check back on line at the T 3 Day point when they release the better seats, i.e. the 1st Y row behind their movable J cabin on inter-EU A-320 flights, which has the same 2 seat J configuration on the AB side.

The BA sticky has some tips, although it is quite inferior to ours.
Old Jan 2, 2008, 6:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA: GOLD, MARRIOTT: TITANIUM, IHG: PLAT, HILTON: GOLD
The AA locator didn't work, where would I find the Amadeus locator?
Old Jan 2, 2008, 6:15 am

Te AA locator works everytime, regardless if it's AA codeshare or BA flight #. The only difference is that My Reservation on www.aa.com will not show assigned seats on any BA flight #s but it will if it's AA codeshare flight. Any change of seats on ba.com for AA codeshare will show immediately on aa.com.

It worked for this EXP on AA Y revenue ticket-AA codeshare and AA OW J award ticket-BA flight number.

Last edited by nacirema; Jan 2, 2008 at 6:44 am
Old Jan 2, 2008, 11:13 am
Original Member

Programs: AA PLT, ICH Plat
CAn EXPs advance seat select intra EU AA codeshares on BA more then 24 hrs out?

Also, if booking on AA.COM, where does one find the BA locator?

PS_ HAPPY NEW YEAR
Old Jan 2, 2008, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by alhcfp
CAn EXPs advance seat select intra EU AA codeshares on BA more then 24 hrs out?

Also, if booking on AA.COM, where does one find the BA locator?
Yes: AA elites can advance book seats on the same basis as BA elites.

As discussed above you should not need the BA locator, but it can be seen after logging into ba.com using the AA locator, or failing that can be obtained by phoning AA or BA reservations.
Old Jan 2, 2008, 1:23 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
i am flying stl-dfw-lgw-vrn later this month. the lgw-vrn leg is an aa codeshare operated by ba. the return is fco-lhr-ord-stl. the fco-lhr is a ba flilght.

my project today was to reserve seats on the ba legs. here is what i learned:

on ba.com i was not able to access anything using my aa record locator and last name.

the exp desk could not book seats on either leg but they were able to give me my ba record locator(s)--note that i actually had one ba record locator for the outbound aa codeshare/ba flight and a separate one for the return ba flight (this required two calls to the exp desk as they only gave me one the first time).

through manage my booking on ba.com, i was able to access each flight separately using that flights record locator and reserve seats. on both flights i was able to reserve an exit row. the process was simple although i did have to go through everything twice as there were two separate records. my assumption is that i would only have one record locator on ba if both flights were codeshare or if both were regular ba flights.

when i went to aa.com my seat request for the aa code share was in my record but the seat request for the ba flight was showing unassigned even though i have a print out from ba showing the assignment.
Old Jan 2, 2008, 1:34 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
just checked my email and ba sent two emails confiming my seat selections.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.