Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat selection on BA codeshare

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2008, 1:37 pm

Is there a similiar way to select seats online for iberia?
Old Jan 2, 2008, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA: GOLD, MARRIOTT: TITANIUM, IHG: PLAT, HILTON: GOLD
Called PTL line about mileage upgrade and they were able to give me the BA locator which works! Thanks for suggesting it.
Old Jan 2, 2008, 3:12 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rwilliams603
I'm interested to know that as well. I tried the AA record locator for an upcoming IB reservation and it came up as not found.

--DD73
Old Jan 2, 2008, 3:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
Originally Posted by abk
on ba.com i was not able to access anything using my aa record locator and last name.

the exp desk could not book seats on either leg but they were able to give me my ba record locator(s)--note that i actually had one ba record locator for the outbound aa codeshare/ba flight and a separate one for the return ba flight (this required two calls to the exp desk as they only gave me one the first time).

through manage my booking on ba.com, i was able to access each flight separately using that flights record locator and reserve seats. on both flights i was able to reserve an exit row.
So the lesson here seems to be that the AA record locator will not work if there is more than one BA flight on the booking.
Old Jan 2, 2008, 3:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
I think that is accurate. Every time I had more than one BA flight in my record, I needed the BA booking reference to select seats. Once I had that, I can quite easily select exit row seats or similar
Old Jan 2, 2008, 4:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
Originally Posted by rwilliams603
According to JDiver in 2006:
Originally Posted by JDiver
I've flown IB recently, both Airbii 340 (-300 and -600). Both had the new Business seats, decent wine and OK food, variable service. Tiny seat charts are on the Iberia site here, as is information on Business Plus at www.iberia.com; select your country, English, then "Travel with Us," "On Board," "The Seat" and the Business Plus tab for a look at the seat (a bit short for those over 6' / 182 CM.)

You must call Iberia for seat assignments.
Old Jan 2, 2008, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by nbevan
So the lesson here seems to be that the AA record locator will not work if there is more than one BA flight on the booking.
inaccurate

I had 2 Y revenue ticket with 2 BA flights (AA codeshares) each and had no problem picking seats with AA record locator on ba.com

I have a OW J award with 4 BA flights (BA coded) and once again I had no problem picking seats with AA record locator on ba.com

Read post #11
Old Jan 2, 2008, 5:23 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nacirema
Read post #11

My experience as well. And I have native AA, BA, and IB flights on the PNR.
Old Jan 2, 2008, 6:15 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
On an upcoming r/t on BA, outbound a BA flight, return an AA codeshare, all booked on aa.com, using the AA.com Record Locator wouldn't work. Calling the EXP desk and getting the Amadeus number worked fine. Got a couple of e-mails from BA confirming it.

In the "manage my booking" section, it tells you not only which terminal at LHR my BA leaves from, but also lists not the BA First Lounge and how to get to it.
Old Jan 2, 2008, 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by skye1
On an upcoming r/t on BA, outbound a BA flight, return an AA codeshare, all booked on aa.com, using the AA.com Record Locator wouldn't work. Calling the EXP desk and getting the Amadeus number worked fine. Got a couple of e-mails from BA confirming it.

In the "manage my booking" section, it tells you not only which terminal at LHR my BA leaves from, but also lists not the BA First Lounge and how to get to it.
It has been my experience that it takes few hours before you can pull it up on ba.com using aa record locator. Once again, I had no problems using aa record locator. I'm puzzled by some posts here.

It allowed me to pick seats, special meals, info about lounges during my trip, etc.
Old Jan 2, 2008, 8:01 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Originally Posted by nacirema
It has been my experience that it takes few hours before you can pull it up on ba.com using aa record locator. Once again, I had no problems using aa record locator. I'm puzzled by some posts here.

It allowed me to pick seats, special meals, info about lounges during my trip, etc.
i have had my ticket for a couple of months. so it should not be a timing issue.
although i haven't studied the posts prior to mine again, it appears to me from my experience and from what skye1 posted that when a record has an aa codeshare for a ba flight and a separate ba flight then the system requires the ba locator. i spent a good hour on all this today and can assure you the aa record locator would not work.
Old Jan 2, 2008, 8:38 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA PLT, ICH Plat
I got it to work, but had to d the folowing:
1- Logged in with AA locator. The res showed BA locator, then relogged in using BA locator.

2- Plugged in AA FF# (even though obviously AA had it)

Voila- it worked- 4C on an A320 LHR-BUD
Old Jan 2, 2008, 8:38 pm
Original Member

Deleted Dupe
Old Jan 2, 2008, 8:39 pm
Original Member

Deleted Dupe
Old Jan 3, 2008, 7:58 am

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum, HHonors, Marriott Silver
I had just booked a trip to Nice yesterday on AA with several codeshare flights on BA. Could not log in to BA yesterday with AA PRN, but it worked today, and allowed me to select flights. The BA itn does show a different BA PRN number, but the AA one worked to log in.
I seem to recall last year I had to call AA to get the BA PRN before I could log in to BA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.