Vote for your IFE: AA Movie Voting Website

Old Apr 28, 2008, 12:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Various
Vote for your IFE: AA Movie Voting Website

I was on the aa website today to have a look at the IFE for the rest of this month and noticed a slight change in the format. I also noticed a link "Welcome to the Movie Voting website" that gave details about allowing pax to vote to help select movie features for upcoming months.

Movie Voting

Beware that the link to cast a vote gives a message of:

"The current cycle for voting has closed. Please check back after the 10th of May for the next month's movies."

I realize most FT members don't really care about IFE, but I thought I'd mention this small change of aa standards.
Old Apr 28, 2008, 1:59 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.1 MM, Priority Club Plat, Marriott Silver
I for one wish they would expand the number of movies available on IFE. Personally I usualy have watched all of them by mid month. And why dod they feel they only need to offer half as many on trans-atlantic as trans-pacific? I now have to guess which ones are TP only so I can watch them there and still have a few that I can watch on my TA runs the next week.
Old Apr 28, 2008, 6:15 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Robt760
Beware that the link to cast a vote gives a message of:

"The current cycle for voting has closed. Please check back after the 10th of May for the next month's movies."
Hopefully, someone will bump this thread on the 10th of May, so the FT community will be reminded to log in some votes. If I'm reading it correctly, voting is only open for 7 days per month.

I watched a movie last week on Finnair, and it was very nice to see an uncut movie with all the original blood, guts, boobs, etc.
Old Apr 28, 2008, 9:23 pm

Thanks!
I just book marked it and set my iCal.
Peace!
Old Apr 29, 2008, 7:53 am

Programs: AA Platinum Member, (4MM+) Starwood Preferred, Marriott Rewards, Hertz Gold Plus
Thank you so much for this information. It's truly appreciated and will make note of this area going forward.

Cheers
Old May 6, 2008, 8:43 am

Programs: AA Platinum Member, (4MM+) Starwood Preferred, Marriott Rewards, Hertz Gold Plus
American Airlines Asks Customers & FAs for Input on Inflight Entertainment Options

Tuesday May 6, 9:54 am ET

FORT WORTH, Texas, May 6 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- As part of the ongoing effort to improve the inflight experience, American Airlines is asking customers and flight attendants for input on the movies they want featured inflight.

American's new entertainment Web site, http://vote.americanairlinesentertainment.com, allows customers and flight attendants to indicate their preferences for four movies each month, which will be shown on the main screen during domestic flights. Two of the four movies selected will also appear on the main screen the following month during international flights.

On average, American Airlines selects between 350 and 400 feature films annually to show on the main screen or on personal entertainment devices. Now, with the movie Web site, customers and flight attendants can take an active role in the selection process each month by logging on and giving input on their favorites.

"American Airlines strives to offer movies and inflight content that appeal to a wide variety of passengers," said John Tiliacos, American's Managing Director - Onboard Products. "We value the opinion of our customers and flight attendants, and our new entertainment Web site is a great tool that will allow us to determine which movies appeal to the majority of our diverse customer base."

Monthly selection sessions begin on approximately the tenth day of each month and remain open for seven consecutive days. Main screen movie selections are made at least 60 days prior to the movies playing on board. For example, the May selection process will identify domestic inflight movies for August and international inflight movies for September. Main screen viewing options on American Airlines are offered on board Boeing 737, Boeing 757, Boeing 767 and Airbus A300 aircraft. Lists of selected titles will be posted on:

http://americanairlinesentertainment...mainscreen.php.

Majority rules, so log on and tell us what you think. Then sit back, relax and enjoy your show.

End

Link: http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/080506/latu519a.html?.v=2

Cheers
Old May 6, 2008, 8:59 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Also see, from just a few days ago:

AA Movie Voting Website - IFE
Old May 6, 2008, 9:24 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, Asiana Club Silver, KE Morning Calm, Hyatt Platinum, Amtrak Select
I'd rather have AA asking its frequent flyers and FAs input on how AA can save $$$ and from going under than just "cutting flights and hoping for the best."
Old May 6, 2008, 10:14 am

Programs: AA Plat 1MM, IC RA, HH Gold
Originally Posted by kebosabi
I'd rather have AA asking its frequent flyers and FAs input on how AA can save $$$ and from going under than just "cutting flights and hoping for the best."
There is a way for employees to submit cost saving ideas to the company. There used to be incentive to do this but not anymore. Also, I'm sure you can email AA customer service with cost saving ideas but whether anyone will actually listen or if it will reach someone in a position to consider or implement those ideas is another story.
Old May 6, 2008, 11:07 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by RxCapt
There is a way for employees to submit cost saving ideas to the company. There used to be incentive to do this but not anymore.
Maybe an employee submitted a cost saving idea of removing the incentive to submit cost saving ideas.
Old May 6, 2008, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
Press Release: Reel Feedback: AA Looking For Input On Movie Selections

Reel Feedback: American Airlines Asks Customers and Flight Attendants for Input on Inflight Entertainment Options

FORT WORTH, Texas, May 6 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- As part of the ongoing effort to improve the inflight experience, American Airlines is asking customers and flight attendants for input on the movies they want featured inflight.

American's new entertainment Web site, http://vote.americanairlinesentertainment.com/, allows customers and flight attendants to indicate their preferences for four movies each month, which will be shown on the main screen during domestic flights. Two of the four movies selected will also appear on the main screen the following month during international flights.

On average, American Airlines selects between 350 and 400 feature films annually to show on the main screen or on personal entertainment devices. Now, with the movie Web site, customers and flight attendants can take an active role in the selection process each month by logging on and giving input on their favorites.

"American Airlines strives to offer movies and inflight content that appeal to a wide variety of passengers," said John Tiliacos, American's Managing Director - Onboard Products. "We value the opinion of our customers and flight attendants, and our new entertainment Web site is a great tool that will allow us to determine which movies appeal to the majority of our diverse customer base."

Monthly selection sessions begin on approximately the tenth day of each month and remain open for seven consecutive days. Main screen movie selections are made at least 60 days prior to the movies playing on board. For example, the May selection process will identify domestic inflight movies for August and international inflight movies for September. Main screen viewing options on American Airlines are offered on board Boeing 737, Boeing 757, Boeing 767 and Airbus A300 aircraft. Lists of selected titles will be posted on: http://americanairlinesentertainment...mainscreen.php. Majority rules, so log on and tell us what you think. Then sit back, relax and enjoy your show.

AmericanAirlines(R) We know why you fly(R)
Current AMR Corp. releases can be accessed on the Internet.
The address is http://www.aa.com

Source: American Airlines
Old May 6, 2008, 12:48 pm

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=820777
Old May 6, 2008, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by skunker
Maybe an employee submitted a cost saving idea of removing the incentive to submit cost saving ideas.
Yeah, probably Arpey so he can keep his bonus!
Old May 6, 2008, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/Marriott Plat/Hertz PC
Note to AA: opening and closing polling on particular dates does not make people want to use the system.
Old May 6, 2008, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, CO PLT
Oh dear God. Majority rule on movie selection? Does that mean Batman?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.