Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flight Cancelled & Rebooked on another airline

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2007, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k, Starwood Platinum, Avis President's Circle, PC Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Flight Cancelled & Rebooked on another airline

Last week my flight to and from (bad luck both times) Philadelphia was cancelled. AA rebooked me on United outbound and the following day put me on US Airways to get me back home. My question is whether AA will still provide flight segment/miles credit as the cancellations and subsequent rebooking were on airlines where I could not accure anything to my AAdvantage account.

I know that United does this when they rebook you on other airlines but wanted to know if anyone on this forum has had a similar experience with AA. If so, any advice on who I should contact or what I should do would be appreciated. Thank you.
Old Dec 14, 2007, 9:20 am

Location: Westford MA - AA PLT, 1.5MM, Lifetime AC, AAdvantage since 1981
This issue is discussed on this forum frequently, most recently here. The short answer is, no, not automatically. But if you call and ask nicely, they will probably credit you.
Old Dec 14, 2007, 9:22 am

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
ask specifically for "Original routing credit" and you will get it
Old Dec 14, 2007, 9:32 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Try reading the Unofficial Users' Guide sticky for links to threads, resources, etc. The phrasing of your request will very likely make a big difference; you are looking for "original routing credit" due to "an involuntary reroute."
Old Dec 14, 2007, 9:44 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Wow! I'm impressed that someone who has been around as long as the OP has never seen this oft-discussed topic or had this experience. Will wonders never cease.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.