Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Refreshing upgrade request / seat assignment to reflect status change (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Refreshing upgrade request / seat assignment to reflect status change (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2011, 8:21 am

Programs: LAN, AA, SPG
It seems that most inquiries are about going up in status. I did find a definitive statement in the thread that says if you go from Platinum to Gold to leave the request alone, but then a later post indicated that this may no longer be accurate. Can someone please verify the current policy? I was Plat at the time of the upgrade request and then was downgraded to Gold. Will my upgrade still be processed as if I were a Plat? Having read through the whole (and other) threads I think yes --- but I'm wondering if this has been changed with updates to the system. Thanks!
Old Jan 8, 2013, 12:54 pm

Programs: Marriott PLAT
Given the age of the last post, I was hoping if others had recent data points on whether a phone call requesting a PNR adjustment is still required to update a reservation booked as "GOLD" and since status updated to "PLATINUM" I made that call today, and the first agent stated "the passenger and reservation is noted as Platinum" but unsure if she is just looking at the AAdvantage Account Notation...

Thanks!
Old Jan 8, 2013, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by phlashba
It seems that most inquiries are about going up in status. I did find a definitive statement in the thread that says if you go from Platinum to Gold to leave the request alone, but then a later post indicated that this may no longer be accurate. Can someone please verify the current policy? I was Plat at the time of the upgrade request and then was downgraded to Gold. Will my upgrade still be processed as if I were a Plat? Having read through the whole (and other) threads I think yes --- but I'm wondering if this has been changed with updates to the system. Thanks!
Probably hard to tell. I *suspect* it may still be Plt to clear.

Another datapoint: PLT requested an upgrade before becoming EXP. Did not call/do anything. Upgrade processed before check-in, but no stickers were taken out. Reservation always showed the # of stickers required as if it were PLT. My guess is the priority was still PLT, but at the time of processing appropriate process was used based on the current/new status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.