Have anyone booked Oneworld reward tickets on Dragonair?

 
Old Nov 18, 07, 6:04 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 284
Have anyone booked Oneworld reward tickets on Dragonair?

I'm trying to go from ORD-PVG-CKG or ORD-HKG-CKG, but the agent is telling me that CKG is not an redeemable city, even though Dragonair is part of Oneworld. What's up with that?
nova474 is offline  
Old Nov 18, 07, 6:16 pm
  #2  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Siesta Key
Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
Posts: 9,697
Originally Posted by nova474 View Post
I'm trying to go from ORD-PVG-CKG or ORD-HKG-CKG, but the agent is telling me that CKG is not an redeemable city, even though Dragonair is part of Oneworld. What's up with that?
The HKG-CKG flight operates MON, WED and FRI only.

I don't believe DragonAir has A PVG-CKG flight.
andrzej is offline  
Old Nov 18, 07, 6:24 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 284
Originally Posted by andrzej View Post
The HKG-CKG flight operates MON, WED and FRI only.

I don't believe DragonAir has A PVG-CKG flight.
Yeah, called again and he found the flight. It would cost 70k miles total. Not bad, only problem was there was no return availability. Where can I get how many miles would an OneWorld award cost online? I don't want to keep hogging up the agents time.
nova474 is offline  
Old Nov 18, 07, 6:26 pm
  #4  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Siesta Key
Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
Posts: 9,697
Originally Posted by nova474 View Post
Yeah, called again and he found the flight. It would cost 70k miles total. Not bad, only problem was there was no return availability. Where can I get how many miles would an OneWorld award cost online? I don't want to keep hogging up the agents time.

You can't book a OW award online. You need 2 OW partners and AA doesn't count and there is no way to do that on www.aa.com,

but if you just want to know how many miles it will be, here it is:

http://www.aa.com/apps/AAdvantage/Vi...artnersContent
andrzej is offline  
Old Nov 18, 07, 6:37 pm
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 284
Originally Posted by andrzej View Post
You can't book a OW award online. You need 2 OW partners and AA doesn't count and there is no way to do that on www.aa.com,

but if you just want to know how many miles it will be, here it is:

http://www.aa.com/apps/AAdvantage/Vi...artnersContent
Thanks, just what I'm looking for.
nova474 is offline  
Old Nov 18, 07, 6:49 pm
  #6  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Siesta Key
Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
Posts: 9,697
Originally Posted by nova474 View Post
Yeah, called again and he found the flight. It would cost 70k miles total. Not bad, only problem was there was no return availability. Where can I get how many miles would an OneWorld award cost online? I don't want to keep hogging up the agents time.
I believe you are confusing different awards.

OneWorld award, ORD-CKG-ORD, economy, would be 100K miles.

All Partners award would be 50K miles for Asia1 award in low season and 65K miles in high season but I'm not so sure you can connect through HKG as it's Asia2.
andrzej is offline  
Old Nov 18, 07, 8:21 pm
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 284
Originally Posted by andrzej View Post
I believe you are confusing different awards.

OneWorld award, ORD-CKG-ORD, economy, would be 100K miles.

All Partners award would be 50K miles for Asia1 award in low season and 65K miles in high season but I'm not so sure you can connect through HKG as it's Asia2.
I dunno, he said 75k. Maybe he meant 70k. I dunno, he admitted it was causing some problems because booking on Dragonair was causing some wrong redemption values.
nova474 is offline  
Old Nov 18, 07, 8:32 pm
  #8  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Siesta Key
Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
Posts: 9,697
Originally Posted by nova474 View Post
I dunno, he said 75k. Maybe he meant 70k. I dunno, he admitted it was causing some problems because booking on Dragonair was causing some wrong redemption values.


Try a different agent. It can't be 75 or 70K miles. It's either 50 or 65K miles with the All Partner award or 100K miles with OW award. There is no inbetween regardless of the partner(s) used.
andrzej is offline  
Old Nov 18, 07, 8:36 pm
  #9  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 284
Originally Posted by andrzej View Post
Try a different agent. It can't be 75 or 70K miles. It's either 50 or 65K miles with the All Partner award or 100K miles with OW award. There is no inbetween regardless of the partner(s) used.
Wouldn't it be 70k because that's the cost from ORD-HKG?
nova474 is offline  
Old Nov 18, 07, 9:54 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Posts: 560
Worth noting if you go with a OneWorld award... Dragonair and Cathay Pacific do NOT count as two different carriers. (I learned this the hard way, when an award ticket got kicked back by the "review board" after front-line agents thought it was fine.) So, your second non-AA carrier would probably have to be JAL.
danang is offline  
Old Nov 18, 07, 9:58 pm
  #11  
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: NorCal - SMF area
Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Posts: 62,130
Choi oi! That's good to know... thanks!

Originally Posted by danang View Post
Worth noting if you go with a OneWorld award... Dragonair and Cathay Pacific do NOT count as two different carriers. (I learned this the hard way, when an award ticket got kicked back by the "review board" after front-line agents thought it was fine.) So, your second non-AA carrier would probably have to be JAL.
JDiver is offline  
Old Jan 5, 08, 9:03 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Kansas City, MO
Programs: AA Gold, SPG Gold
Posts: 3,233
AAdvatage reward seats on Dragonair

I just booked the first part of 2 business class reward ticketsto Phuket. The flight segment from Hong Kong to Phuket is on Dragonair, but in coach. The rest of our flights on AA and Cathay are in business and it is a biz class reward. Dragonair doesn't have award seats in their business class 330 days in advance when even Cathay had seats available. I find this hard to believe. Maybe they'll open up sometime between now and next November 22. AA says they can't waitlist for business seats. I have to keep calling them constantly.
susiesan is offline  
Old Jan 6, 08, 5:00 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: too far from the airport
Posts: 3,283
Actually, after checking CX's Asia miles own award availability (which is usually more generous than for OW partners), I wasnt able to see any business award seats for the route I was checking (HKG-PNH) for any date over almost 4 months. Perhaps only coach is made available for awards on Dragonair?
honu is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: