Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alcoholic Beverages for EXP in Coach

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2007, 4:53 pm
Original Poster

Alcoholic Beverages for EXP in Coach

I just obtained EXP status this year, just wanted to know from you guys if EXPs get drinks in coach (if they are not upgraded to first) or if they have to pay the $5 for alcoholic beverages
Old Nov 13, 2007, 4:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
I've never been EXP, but I'd bet they have to pay.
Old Nov 13, 2007, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
I'm an EXP and don't drink alcohol on planes, but I know you have to pay. The fee is based on the class of service, not the elite status so no fee in 1st regardless of EXP, non-elite, etc... and $5 for everyone in coach regardless of status.
Old Nov 13, 2007, 5:02 pm

The only exception is when you fly Eagle, although this is hit and miss (and there is a thread about it somewhere).

Nothing of the sort on mainline (domestic AND international).
Old Nov 13, 2007, 5:58 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by spanishflea
The only exception is when you fly Eagle, although this is hit and miss (and there is a thread about it somewhere).

Nothing of the sort on mainline (domestic AND international).
I haven't felt like boozing on my last few Eagle flights, but I've been comped the cashews and beer in the past...
Old Nov 13, 2007, 5:59 pm

Programs: AA Plat
But EXP's are likely to be upgraded to First Class, so this is not a big problem.
Old Nov 13, 2007, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by dfw_plt_aa
But EXP's are likely to be upgraded to First Class, so this is not a big problem.
On Eagle?
Old Nov 13, 2007, 7:27 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Sure! Right up front...

Originally Posted by vasantn
On Eagle?
Old Nov 13, 2007, 11:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by JDiver
Sure! Right up front...
As for the Eaglle flights, EXP have been known to get comp beer/wine? What about PLT and GLD? Any chance there?

Reason I ask is that the majority of my travel is on Eagle and I doubt I'll hit EXP this year or next--probably somewhere ~70 segs. Would be nice to know that my <500mi trips might offer me something more than the exit row. All depends on the time of day though. The 7am flight means I've already had my coffee and will be working, even for the 1 hr flight. The 6pm flight means a drink is just what the doctor ordered.

If not, oh well. Not a big deal AT ALL.
Old Nov 13, 2007, 11:35 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
Originally Posted by oneant
As for the Eaglle flights, EXP have been known to get comp beer/wine? What about PLT and GLD? Any chance there?

Reason I ask is that the majority of my travel is on Eagle and I doubt I'll hit EXP this year or next--probably somewhere ~70 segs. Would be nice to know that my <500mi trips might offer me something more than the exit row. All depends on the time of day though. The 7am flight means I've already had my coffee and will be working, even for the 1 hr flight. The 6pm flight means a drink is just what the doctor ordered.

Yes, as PLT I have received comp beer/wine AND cashews, on SHV-DFW Eagle flights anyway, if the FA is serving drinks at all. Sometimes they don't.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by MsEverywhere
I've never been EXP, but I'd bet they have to pay.
I have been, until early this year, and I know you have to pay. The post by bdemaria is correct.

As for EXPs usually being upgraded - "usually" ain't "always." The OP specifically says "if they are not upgraded to first."
Old Nov 14, 2007, 7:53 am

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=753265

Old Nov 14, 2007, 8:24 am

Programs: HH Gold, Marriott Platinum, AA EXP, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by oneant

I've never been comp'd drinks on Eagle as either a PLT or GLD.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 8:31 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by mdsimants
I've never been comp'd drinks on Eagle as either a PLT or GLD.
You never will if you don't ask. I don't think it's for GLD, but it's so non-documented that it's (almost) any body's guess.

Cheers.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by nischalb
I just obtained EXP status this year, just wanted to know from you guys if EXPs get drinks in coach (if they are not upgraded to first) or if they have to pay the $5 for alcoholic beverages
All EXP's over 21 can purchase drinks at what ever the current rate is when they are in coach.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.