Search

AAdvantage eShopping - Holiday Double Miles

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2007, 8:49 am
LRD
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond
AAdvantage eShopping - Holiday Double Miles

Earn double miles - and more - when you use your MasterCard® card at the AAdvantage eShopping Mall.

*Members may earn a one-time bonus based on total dollars spent with the 25 select merchants using a qualifying MasterCard card as the form of payment. A single threshold bonus of 500 American Airlines AAdvantage miles will be awarded to members with combined qualifying MasterCard purchases of $250 or more before tax and shipping charges with the 25 select merchants between November 1 and December 31, 2007. A single threshold bonus of 1,500 miles will be awarded to members with combined qualifying MasterCard purchases of $500 or more before tax and shipping charges with the 25 select merchants between November 1, and December 31, 2007. A single threshold bonus totaling 4,000 miles will be awarded to members with combined qualifying MasterCard purchases of $1,000 or more before tax and shipping charges with the 25 select merchants between November 1 and December 31, 2007.

The double miles bonus earned will be posted to your AAdvantage account 12 weeks after the promotion ends (or March 11, 2008). The additional threshold bonus from MasterCard spend will be posted to your AAdvantage account 12-14 weeks after the promotion ends (or March 31, 2008). Bonus miles do not count toward elite-status qualification.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 9:35 am

Programs: AA PP; Bonvoy SE
And the 25 are....

GiftCertificates.com
JCPenney
Barnes & Noble
Kodak Gallery
Land's End
J&R Music World Computer World
Blue Nile
Macy's
BOSE
Drugstore.com
Circuit City
Overstock.com
Eluxury
Sears
eToys
redEnvelope
Eddie Bauer
Staples
Gap
Dell
Harry and David
Cabela's
The Sharper Image
Saks Fifth Avenue
TigerDirect.com

Hm... should be easy to hit those point bonuses when shopping for Christmas with places like Dell (computer), Circuit City (TV), or Blue Nile (jewelry)

http://www.aa.com/content/images/AAdvantage/chart.gif - link to bonus miles chart

buy a $1,000 flat panel from TigerDirect (3miles per $):
Earn 3 miles for every $1 through eShopping (3,000 miles)
Earn double miles on merchant (3,000 miles)
Earn 1 mile for every $1 spent with AA MC (1,000 miles)
Earn bonus miles through promo (4,000)
Maximum: $1,000 = 11,000 miles = 11 miles per $1

Promo isn't bad if you're already planning on buying stuff through eShopping for Christmas.

Last edited by majikTib; Nov 1, 2007 at 10:50 am
Old Nov 1, 2007, 9:59 am

or better yet, buy that flatpanel at Tigerdirect or j&r and get another 2,000. The 4k bonus looks better than last year. No target this year though
Old Nov 1, 2007, 10:08 am

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Bronze, DL Plat UA, HHonors Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt
Just booked $1000 in AA gift certs. Am I the first to complete the bonus?
Old Nov 1, 2007, 10:28 am

Programs: AA Exp
Originally Posted by majikTib
buy a $1,000 flat panel from Circuit City:
Earn 2 miles for every $1 through eShopping (2,000 miles)
Earn 1 mile for every $1 spent with AA MC (1,000 miles)
Earn bonus miles through promo (4,000)
Maximum: $1,000 = 7,000 miles = 7 miles per $1
Did you leave out the Double miles part?
Old Nov 1, 2007, 10:34 am

Great post, thanks. I'm holding an expensive int'l ticket on AA.com now. I just spent $1500 at GC.com through this promotion and will turn around and buy AA GC in hopes that they arrive in the mail before my fare changes.

My math has it as $1500 gets me 10,000 miles:
$1500 x 4 miles per dollar: 6K
bonus for spending $1k: 4K
Old Nov 1, 2007, 10:48 am

Programs: AA PP; Bonvoy SE
Originally Posted by PantyWaster
Did you leave out the Double miles part?
Yes, it appears I did. So Circuit City would be 4 miles/$ and TigerDirect would be 6 miles/$... makes the offer much better. Post above edited.

However, if you could spend $1,000 on pictures, photobooks, and mouse pads, then Kodak Photo Gallery would be an awesome deal. 5 miles per $1, plus the double miles.

$1,000 with Kodak = 15,000 miles - 15 miles per $1
(5,000 eShop miles + 5,000 dbl miles + 4,000 promo + 1,000 AA MC)

Sharper Image also has 5 miles per $1. Easier to spend $1,000 there

I'll probably participate, but won't go out of my way to make sure I spend $1,000. I almost went out last night and bought iDine gift cards for their promotion to get 20miles/$

Last edited by majikTib; Nov 1, 2007 at 10:56 am
Old Nov 1, 2007, 11:08 am

Programs: AA-plt
If I understand correctly, for the bonuses, you can shop at different stores different days etc, and as long as you spend over 1k pre-tax pre-shipping before the end of the year, you qualify correct?
Old Nov 1, 2007, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
yes, I do it every year.

Originally Posted by loudgonzo
If I understand correctly, for the bonuses, you can shop at different stores different days etc, and as long as you spend over 1k pre-tax pre-shipping before the end of the year, you qualify correct?
Keep your receipts and paperwork and watch to make sure you get all your miles.

Thanks to the OP for posting this!!! I have been waiting to shop and will remember to use my AA MasterCard and not the other one.

sticky note on computer now!

I have done VERY well on this promotion over the years. This promotion means 8 miles per $ on Drugstore.com. Stock up on that toilet paper now as Kimberly-Clark is raising prices in February!

Last edited by oldpenny16; Nov 1, 2007 at 12:26 pm
Old Nov 1, 2007, 12:36 pm

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
Those with flex spending and have funds left to burn, drugstore.com is great for this promo:

Regular: 4 miles/$
Bonus: 4 miles/$
CC: 1 mile/$

You'd have to buy a lot of medications (non-prescription) to get to 1k but it would be a nice start, especially if you have funds that must be spent by the end of the year.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 7:02 pm

Notes from last year: (1) There was a bonus for mastercard purchases last year, but someone here reported being surprised to get the bonus even though he used AMEX. (2) Also, I tried meeting the threshold on 2 different AAdvantage Mastercards. No luck. Just received one bonus.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 8:26 pm

What? No QVC?? I could have easily made $1000 on QVC alone.
Old Nov 2, 2007, 12:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Is my memory shot, or does thie bonus get more chintzy every year?

BTW, I have never had any trouble getting this one to post. Even when I have not received initial miles from the merchant, I have always seen it post automatically once the merchant posted the miles. AA is much better than others on this one.
Old Nov 2, 2007, 9:52 am

I seem to remember last year you could not use your citi business card, just the regular citi card. I can't find that restriction this year. Has anyone noticed it?
Old Nov 2, 2007, 10:20 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum, AA 2 mm EXP, Citibank Platinum...
Originally Posted by jabrams72
Just booked $1000 in AA gift certs. Am I the first to complete the bonus?
Probably. Let me be the second. Some questions, though:

Can they be used for the full amount of the fare including taxes and fees? I see that some other certs cannot be used this way.

How do they handle the unused balance if the fare is less than the certificate's value? Are these like descending value cards that retain the balance? I ask because again other merchants (Avis, for one) say that they don't refund any unused portion of the cert: it must be for the price of the rental or less.

Given the limitations shown on other merchants certificates, American has either unusally liberal T & C's or I'm missing something.

If not, sweet deal, especially as they don't expire. Is my math right? $1000 in AA certs from Gift Certificates.com at 4 miles/$, plus the 4000 mile bonus, plus the 1000 miles on Mastercard means 9000 miles? Plus, of course, the miles earned from using the certs to fly. Or $2K equals 14K miles? Doubled, of course, within the family? If so, sweeter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.