Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Beat The Mid-day Munchies With New Sandwich Selections (DFW-LAX/LGA test)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2007, 3:15 pm
LRD
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat/6MM, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond

For a limited time, new sandwiches available for purchase.

From late October through mid November, we are exploring new sandwiches that we may feature on our regular menu.

The test will take place from Dallas/Fort Worth to New York LaGuardia and from Dallas/Fort Worth to Los Angeles. You may have the opportunity to purchase these pre-packaged sandwiches on select afternoon flights for $5.

Link to aa.com.
Old Oct 27, 2007, 3:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by LRD
For a limited time, new sandwiches available for purchase.

From late October through mid November, we are exploring new sandwiches that we may feature on our regular menu.

The test will take place from Dallas/Fort Worth to New York LaGuardia and from Dallas/Fort Worth to Los Angeles. You may have the opportunity to purchase these pre-packaged sandwiches on select afternoon flights for $5.

Link to aa.com.
Don't really sound any better than the current offerings. Turkey and swiss on wheat bread? OH BOY!!!!!!
Old Oct 27, 2007, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Actually, they sound better than the tired domestic F offerings.
Old Oct 27, 2007, 6:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat (4 MM), SPG LT Plat (Bonvoy doesn’t exist to me), HH Diamond via cc, Hyatt Globalist
They also sound better than waiting in line for a cheeseburger at McDonalds in the terminal.
Old Oct 27, 2007, 8:35 pm

Programs: AA PPro, Hilton Gold, Lindy Award Winner (2013)
They also sound better than waiting in line for a cheeseburger at McDonalds in the terminal.
That's why I always go with the Big Mac. I was raised on those things
Old Oct 27, 2007, 10:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by TR7_DFW

No offense intended, but thank the good Lord (meaning the VP or Manager of Food and Beverage) that AA does NOT offer Big Macs on board. I, for one, definitely appreciate the HEALTHY food choices for purchase. Some of us want to keep our arteries plaque-free and flexible throughout our lives.

Plus, Big Macs are in the same category as other fast foods in being not well suited to air travel. They are messy, greasy, and odorous--not really the kind of food you want to unwrap with a dozen people sitting within a couple of feet of you. I get grossed out whenever somebody pulls out some kind of fried Asian food as well. Really, it's very disrespectful toward fellow passengers to have odorous food on board.
Old Oct 28, 2007, 6:43 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TR7_DFW
Me too - Big Mac from the sack, shake and some fries....you're a mean motor scooter and that's no lie, together -- McDonalds and you.

I don't why I still remember that jingle.
Old Oct 28, 2007, 9:16 am

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Well, I was served a cheeseburger and Skittles in Y on CO from LAX-IAH....
Old Oct 28, 2007, 9:49 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Hmmmm,well they had a "new"turky/ham italian wrap"on the flight friday-but the same tired turky cibbata on the return.
They need to buy a new cookbook
Old Oct 28, 2007, 10:49 am

Programs: AA Platinum
i wish they'd get some variety and also offer some salads.
Old Oct 28, 2007, 11:02 am

Personally I think the idea of selling food on airplanes is silly. you should build the cost in to your overhead and give it away. No one is going to bat an eye if you charge an extra 5 bucks on a plane ticket to cover food.

I considered it a low point in the history of AA when they started [over]charging for food. I never even consider buying the junk no matter how much you dress it up.
Old Oct 28, 2007, 11:02 am

Programs: A: PP, LTG/1.5M | UA: SLV | Bonvoy LTTi | IHG PLT| Avis PC | Nat'l Emerald Club EE
Originally Posted by ESpen36
No offense intended, but thank the good Lord (meaning the VP or Manager of Food and Beverage) that AA does NOT offer Big Macs on board. I, for one, definitely appreciate the HEALTHY food choices for purchase. Some of us want to keep our arteries plaque-free and flexible throughout our lives.

Plus, Big Macs are in the same category as other fast foods in being not well suited to air travel. They are messy, greasy, and odorous--not really the kind of food you want to unwrap with a dozen people sitting within a couple of feet of you. I get grossed out whenever somebody pulls out some kind of fried Asian food as well. Really, it's very disrespectful toward fellow passengers to have odorous food on board.
odorous passengers bother me more than odorous food--and there are far too many of them.

i know, i know ... that was OT--to address the topic at hand ... this sounds better than the snack boxes they were selling.

of course, in a perfect world, all the powers that be would regain a little sanity and allow us to bring our own food through security. they're x-raying, sniffing and pawing their way through all our stuff now anyway--does anyone seriously believe a baloney sandwich can bring down an airliner? (assuming, of course, it's not rancid baloney fed to the captain and FO ... a la "Airplane")

sorry ... /rant off/

cheers!
Old Oct 28, 2007, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by AAir_head
of course, in a perfect world, all the powers that be would regain a little sanity and allow us to bring our own food through security. they're x-raying, sniffing and pawing their way through all our stuff now anyway--does anyone seriously believe a baloney sandwich can bring down an airliner? (assuming, of course, it's not rancid baloney fed to the captain and FO ... a la "Airplane")
We're not allowed to take food through security?

I frequently do so...
Old Oct 28, 2007, 11:11 am
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
Originally Posted by ESpen36
No offense intended, but thank the good Lord (meaning the VP or Manager of Food and Beverage) that AA does NOT offer Big Macs on board. I, for one, definitely appreciate the HEALTHY food choices for purchase. Some of us want to keep our arteries plaque-free and flexible throughout our lives...
Healthy food onboard AA? What are these HEALTHY food choices? I sure haven't seen them.
Old Oct 28, 2007, 11:58 am

Programs: A: PP, LTG/1.5M | UA: SLV | Bonvoy LTTi | IHG PLT| Avis PC | Nat'l Emerald Club EE
Originally Posted by spanishflea
We're not allowed to take food through security?

I frequently do so...
I have seen people's food items denied entry (at LGA, DCA, HNL and DFW)--tupperware container with sandwiches, bags of chips, granola bars, yogurt, etc. (One can bring gels and liquids in sealed containers of 3 oz or less--c'mon! 3 oz of yogurt!? What's the point? I think the smallest commercially available packaging I've seen is 6 oz and that's hardly even a snack.)

Granted, it's been awhile, but I just gave up trying to bring anything along and haven't been paying close attention lately--if I can bring along my own sandwich without buying it at the airport for $10 I'll start doing so.

cheers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.