Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fare Bucket for Advantage Business Class on LY

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2007, 4:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1.4 MM Hertz Gold, National Executive Elite, Starwood Gold, Hyat Gold
Fare Bucket for Advantage Business Class on LY

What Fare Bucket will a Business class Advantage Award ticket on LY book into?

I am going to TLV in June and the only flight with a business seat was at 2:20am! Not my first choice! I went to Expert Flyer to see if an earlier flight would open up. However I need to know the fare bucket for that ticket.

Thanks for your help!
Old Oct 21, 2007, 4:45 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, LUV, SPG, HHonors, Avis, Hertz
Originally Posted by Sholey
What Fare Bucket will a Business class Advantage Award ticket on LY book into?

I am going to TLV in June and the only flight with a business seat was at 2:20am! Not my first choice! I went to Expert Flyer to see if an earlier flight would open up. However I need to know the fare bucket for that ticket.

Thanks for your help!
I would suggest checking on the LY board.

That said, it's possible things have changed since I last checked, but I'm pretty sure that LY has historically NOT allowed AAdvantage Awards for premium class tickets on LY metal. (If that's changed, definitely correct me and let us know.)
Old Oct 21, 2007, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1.4 MM Hertz Gold, National Executive Elite, Starwood Gold, Hyat Gold
I have a confirmed seat on LY metal. I just want an earlier flight that day.

FYI: The flight originates in DFW if that might make any difference?
Old Oct 21, 2007, 5:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
Originally Posted by Jakebeth
I would suggest checking on the LY board.

That said, it's possible things have changed since I last checked, but I'm pretty sure that LY has historically NOT allowed AAdvantage Awards for premium class tickets on LY metal. (If that's changed, definitely correct me and let us know.)
LY is listed as a one of the partners under the All Partner award scheme, so why could you not get a business award?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.