Community
Wiki Posts
Search

London Stansted / STN AA Lounge & shower Info

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2008, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BostonFlyer
I notice that the 2nd-daily Stansted-JFK flight that was due to begin in May is being cancelled (right now they're all zeroed out). I wonder if AA will abandon the market altogether?
Good catch. Only until 31JUL, so maybe a postponement to 01AUG (which may simply be a move to leave more time to make a go/no-go decision)?

A random check shows that E0 is often sold out or close to being so over the next week (on both of those flights), while AA has always at least 7 J/D/I seats available (with one exception of 6 J seats--and on that day E0 is completely sold out) and all the deepest Y buckets too.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 4:26 am
Original Poster

The 2nd JFK-STN was meant to start at the end of March.

It has been postponed until August (The 1st I think) due to the pilot shortages. It makes sense to delay the 2nd STN flight over the 1st BCN/MXP etc flights for obvious reasons.

There are still a few anomalies in the schedules showing the 2nd flight though. It seems to show up as JFK-STN but not as STN-JFK.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 6:20 am

Programs: AA PLT (2MM+); Steerage in most other airline programs; SPG GLD; heckuva guy
Could someone provide some clarification? I am ticketed (with an eVIP applied) on the May 2nd JFK-STN flight, flight 128 at 9:45pm. Is this service actually operating or is it not? Should I call AA and get switched to the LHR service?

Thanks,
Goph

Originally Posted by spanishflea
The 2nd JFK-STN was meant to start at the end of March.

It has been postponed until August (The 1st I think) due to the pilot shortages. It makes sense to delay the 2nd STN flight over the 1st BCN/MXP etc flights for obvious reasons.

There are still a few anomalies in the schedules showing the 2nd flight though. It seems to show up as JFK-STN but not as STN-JFK.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gopherblue
Could someone provide some clarification? I am ticketed (with an eVIP applied) on the May 2nd JFK-STN flight, flight 128 at 9:45pm. Is this service actually operating or is it not? Should I call AA and get switched to the LHR service?

Thanks,
Goph
Check your booking. Your flight doesn't exist anymore so you might have been rebooked already. If not, call AA and switch to an LHR flight or the earlier STN flight.

Note there is no C inventory that night on any LHR flights except the dayflight. There are 3 seats on the STN flight left though.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 10:25 am

Programs: AA PLT (2MM+); Steerage in most other airline programs; SPG GLD; heckuva guy
Originally Posted by spanishflea
Check your booking.
Note there is no C inventory that night on any LHR flights except the dayflight. There are 3 seats on the STN flight left though.
Thanks--I called AA and switched to the earlier STN flight, since (as you note) EF wasn't showing any C on the LHR flights.
Thx,
Goph
Old Feb 22, 2008, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by gopherblue
Thanks--I called AA and switched to the earlier STN flight, since (as you note) EF wasn't showing any C on the LHR flights.
Thx,
Goph
They should offer to move you to LHR and create C class availability for you in these circumstances--that's certainly been my experience in similar situations in the past. I also have a JFK-STN reservation in C that's been canceled--because of the connections the earlier flight won't work, so I'm expecting they'll move me over to LHR instead. While they're not obligated to confirm me in C if it's not available, it would be surprisingly bad service not to (since I've paid the copay and the miles already).
Old Feb 22, 2008, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Interesting, I'm on the 9:45pm STN flight in May, upgraded into C and my reservation is intact. Though a search for a new reservation does not bring that flight up.

If this is in fact canceled, they'd better make availability in C on a LHR flight at a comparable time. I don't want to take the earlier STN flight.
Old Feb 23, 2008, 3:42 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; SPG GLD; Hilton GLD
likewise I'm ticketing on the later STN-JFK on April 30th, upgraded to C. To complicate things, we used 2 VIPs due to expire next week. Reservation is still intact, but I might check in with them today on our options.

an update: called the EXP desk this morning. They couldn't see the cancellation and insisted the new flights are still running. Guess I'll just wait for them to call me.

Last edited by jkirsch; Feb 23, 2008 at 7:49 am
Old Feb 24, 2008, 7:12 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; SPG GLD; Hilton GLD
This morning I checked and we'd been moved to the 10:15 STN-JFK under a schedule change. Called and was moved over to 107 from LHR with seats confirmed in C. Was looking forward to trying NGBC on the 763... oh well.
Old Feb 24, 2008, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ijgordon
Interesting, I'm on the 9:45pm STN flight in May, upgraded into C and my reservation is intact. Though a search for a new reservation does not bring that flight up.

If this is in fact canceled, they'd better make availability in C on a LHR flight at a comparable time. I don't want to take the earlier STN flight.
So I did notice today on AA.com (no call or email, yet anyway) that I was switched to the STN flights that are still existing. I called AA to switch to the 9:20pm LHR flight, which I knew from EF didn't have any C inventory. I was initially denied, but I remained insistent and escalated the issue to a supervisor (who had to put me on hold for a while), but they eventually were able to confirm me in C on the flight I wanted.
Old Feb 24, 2008, 10:33 pm

Interesting, I had no problem getting moved (because of canceled STN) to LHR flights and keeping the upgrades in business with 3 pax! The reservations now show as a mixture of C, D, and I classes--I guess once we'd used the available C inventory we were booked into the lowest available business buckets.
Old Feb 24, 2008, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Interesting, I had no problem getting moved (because of canceled STN) to LHR flights and keeping the upgrades in business with 3 pax! The reservations now show as a mixture of C, D, and I classes--I guess once we'd used the available C inventory we were booked into the lowest available business buckets.
Well, I was kind of hoping that they'd have to force me into J or D class. Then I could try and call back and upgrade with miles to F! (Using VIP for C). But they obviously got somebody to open C inventory. Maybe you were talking to the all-powerful EXP desk? Alas, I was not and it took some work...
Old Mar 16, 2008, 12:56 pm

Programs: GGL/GFL
I notice that the 2nd-daily Stansted-JFK flight that was due to begin in May is being cancelled (right now they're all zeroed out). I wonder if AA will abandon the market altogether?
The second flight is delayed due to the 767/777 pilot shortages and is now scheduled to begin in August. AA.com also notes this. Regarding the lounge, it is still the temporary structure, and the plans for the permanent lounge are posted on the wall. FWIW, the lounge staff believe that the current goal is to have the permanent lounge complete for the start of the second daily flight in August. Despite being an extra 30 minutes of travel time from my home vs.LHR(and the current poor lounge situation), STN was a delight to fly out of instead of LHR...
Old May 8, 2008, 9:28 pm

Programs: AA ex-EXP, 2MM (ex DL, ex TWA)
No comments in this entire thread as to whether lounge access is restricted to J passengers, or is open to EXP/PLT flyers in coach! Can anyone clarify?
Old May 9, 2008, 4:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Wexflyer
No comments in this entire thread as to whether lounge access is restricted to J passengers, or is open to EXP/PLT flyers in coach! Can anyone clarify?
EXP/PLT in Y should be on the Guest List for entry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.