Community
Wiki Posts
Search

London Stansted / STN AA Lounge & shower Info

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2007, 2:15 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by greggwiggins
I would concur about the food, but on the other hand I must note that very few McDonalds serve cask ales.
McDo's doesn't serve cask ales in the UK like they serve Kronenbourg in France?
Old Oct 4, 2007, 2:26 pm

Programs: LT Gold/BA Executive Club/AS MP/Marriott
AA no longer flies any TATL flights with a B757 (thus the rumours of flying JFK-STN is probably rubbish)......which is a shame as DL is taking those AA birds and flying them TATL (and making profits from them)...

That being said, AA's JFK-NCL pre-load factor was so bad they had to cancel the route before it started....
Old Oct 4, 2007, 2:32 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by Jacobin777
AA no longer flies any TATL flights with a B757 (thus the rumours of flying JFK-STN is probably rubbish)......which is a shame as DL is taking those AA birds and flying them TATL (and making profits from them)...

That being said, AA's JFK-NCL pre-load factor was so bad they had to cancel the route before it started....
Actually, AA didn't fly the TW757s TATL; these are the ones going to Delta. AA flew the 757s they are keeping TATL.
Old Oct 4, 2007, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jacobin777
AA no longer flies any TATL flights with a B757 (thus the rumours of flying JFK-STN is probably rubbish)......which is a shame as DL is taking those AA birds and flying them TATL (and making profits from them).......
Well actualy they still do one for a few more weeks. MAN-BOS; packed to the gills every day, and the F seats perpetually filled with Elites and Ł100 airport upgraders. Lots of people very angry that it is going.

That being said, AA's JFK-NCL pre-load factor was so bad they had to cancel the route before it started
Not quite what happened, the first few flights sold very well and then AA pulled it just weeks after putting seats on sale.
Old Oct 5, 2007, 2:40 am

Programs: Currently without any status :(
While everybody seems to like to ..... about how this will not be attractive to people coming from London, May I remind you that there are actually people outside of London, yet even the UK who have a wish to go to US from time to time?

And that STN is a perfect spot from so many places to fly into London for the connection with much cheaper airlines?

While I do not mind the transfer through LHR (yes, I know) it would actually in my case be saving me an hour to start my travel to STN through direct connection with Ryanair from my home town. Heck, it is nearly as time consuming to go from STN to LHR as it is to get to HAM.

Now: pay a travel bus to HAM (1:15 to mostly unconvinient times), wait in HAM, go through LHR or step into the bus every 15 min, drive 20 min and be done to go to STN is a difference, not only in price.

Going from STN to the US with waitover in STN though without a lounge is tough - not so much about the "selection" because the lounge in LHR T3 is nothing to write home about either BUT for the kind of guaranteed seeting places where you just can sit down and spend time.

I somehow doubt that W. will be happy about that unless AA manages to have a certain area available for their passengers and pay for it.

And while the people connecting through STN may not mind so much the W. I somehow doubt the Biz class will take that with a smile.

In the longer run they need a space for it or cooporate with somebody, but maybe they rather test first how this biz goes. And in the end - if they reduce the price for not having a lounge available for premium classes and status pax, then I am all for it.
Old Oct 5, 2007, 7:03 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by nixande
While everybody seems to like to ..... about how this will not be attractive to people coming from London, May I remind you that there are actually people outside of London, yet even the UK who have a wish to go to US from time to time?

And that STN is a perfect spot from so many places to fly into London for the connection with much cheaper airlines?
Interesting perspective! I never considered through traffic from Europe as I have never flown a low cost carrier (unless you count BMI and NW!). Even though Stanstead is 45 mins by car from me, I never use airport parking when I fly so it would be mini-cab/private hire or public transport and both are fairly dear to Stanstead compared to the others. The time/cost factor for me outweigh the "cheaper" tickets.

For those coming direct to/from the City, Stanstead isn't too bad via Liverpool St railwaiy. However within 10 years, the new Crossrail link will be built and travel to/from LHR will be alot easier from the City and Canary Wharf.
Old Oct 5, 2007, 7:16 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Aleks
I wasn't aware that Sheep even spoke
He does and what he has to say about BAh does not bear repetiton. Nor indeed does his opinion about STN, the apology of a train that charges Ł16 takes half and hour or more and calls itself an express.

It is Essex International Airport and useful if you want to avoid LHR.
Old Oct 5, 2007, 8:04 am

Programs: BAEC redundant Bronze, AAdvantage Lifetime PLT, CO, WN, B6
Originally Posted by nixande
Going from STN to the US with waitover in STN though without a lounge is tough - not so much about the "selection" because the lounge in LHR T3 is nothing to write home about either BUT for the kind of guaranteed seeting places where you just can sit down and spend time.
Ironically, if you've come from Europe on Ryanair without through ticketing, and therefore no protection, you'll be more inclined to plan for a longer layover in STN, making the lounge even more desireable.
Old Oct 7, 2007, 4:07 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
we are on the first flight from STN to JFK - so it will be interesting
Old Oct 25, 2007, 7:59 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG, National Exec
Originally Posted by Wexflyer
Any information on what, if any, lounges are available to arriving and departing AA passengers at STN. Also, are they only available to J passengers, or also to EXPs and PLTs?

Thanks
A simple search would have resulted in an easy answer: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...tansted+lounge
Old Oct 25, 2007, 10:54 pm

Programs: AA ex-EXP, 2MM (ex DL, ex TWA)
Originally Posted by sinner7
A simple search would have resulted in an easy answer: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...tansted+lounge
Actually, I did perfrom a "simple search." A glance at the title will show why it was unsuccessful. Thanks for the link, though.
Old Oct 26, 2007, 12:07 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
I will let you know on Monday
Old Oct 26, 2007, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AA to build "Business Lounge" at STN

In a press release today announcing the inaugural flight to STN, AA announced a new "Business Lounge" set to open in early 2008:

At Stansted, American is set to begin the construction of the American Airlines Business Lounge in Satellite Two. Scheduled for completion in Spring 2008 with seating capacity for 48 people, the lounge will feature amenities including a self-service bar, cyber cafe, wireless and wired Internet access, restrooms, and two shower rooms. Passengers will be able to board their flights directly from the Business Lounge.
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/071026/laf079.html?.v=8

Good News!
Old Oct 26, 2007, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AA announced today that it will build a new "Business Lounge" at STN that will open sometime next year:

At Stansted, American is set to begin the construction of the American Airlines Business Lounge in Satellite Two. Scheduled for completion in Spring 2008 with seating capacity for 48 people, the lounge will feature amenities including a self-service bar, cyber cafe, wireless and wired Internet access, restrooms, and two shower rooms. Passengers will be able to board their flights directly from the Business Lounge.

For now, no lounge. Sometime in 2008, a new Business Lounge. ^
Old Oct 26, 2007, 12:40 pm

Programs: 0.4MM
Originally Posted by FWAAA
AA announced today that it will build a new "Business Lounge" at STN that will open sometime next year:

For now, no lounge. Sometime in 2008, a new Business Lounge. ^
I'm distressed by they fact that they're calling it a Business Lounge and not an Admirals Club. Are they sharing it with other airlines or something?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.