London Stansted / STN AA Lounge & shower Info

Old Oct 3, 07, 10:04 am

Programs: AA ExPlat 4MM, AA Life Plat, Lufthansa FT, Delta Basic
Originally Posted by anc305 View Post
Remember we are talking about an airline that thinks $15 is good enough for a meal at an airport hotel restrurant !!
And this for a front cabin Explat, without any alcohol permitted, as was patiently explained to me by the giggling DFW Hyatt waitress last month. Apparently, BA and LH F and J get $ 40.

However, I confess that my favourite one is the $ 5 Breakfast coupon... "Yoghurt or coffe or muffin or orange juice?"
Old Oct 3, 07, 10:05 am

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
Announced a little over an hour ago.

discounts on J
bonus miles for J travel

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/...03102007-1.htm

Lets not worry about the details and enjoy the competition!
Old Oct 3, 07, 10:09 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by spanishflea View Post
Not all of them no, but essentially one frequency is.

No it is not.

AA is shifting thier flights from LGW to DFW and RDU to LHR, and since LHR is a slot restricted airport AA needed to buy more slots or shift the schedule around. AA was not able to purchase all the required slots from another airline to accomodate DFW/RDU so AA took one of the JFK - LHR slots.
Old Oct 3, 07, 10:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HNL View Post
so AA took one of the JFK - LHR slots.
And started service from JFK to STN. So, broadly speaking, as one frequency drops from LHR, frequencies build up from STN (I appreciate that isn't the exact timetable, but it is more or less what is happening).

Whatever the reasons behind the move it doesn't take away from the fact that JFK-LHR loses a frequency and STN ultimatley picks up two.

So my original point still stands, that now one JFK-LHR 777 is being dropped, JFK-STN is not going to become a single class 757 route because there would be a lot of premium demand needing soaking up that would go elsewhere.
Old Oct 3, 07, 10:54 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, AS 75K Gold MVP, and some hotel stuff...
And started service from JFK to STN. So, broadly speaking, as one frequency drops from LHR, frequencies build up from STN (I appreciate that isn't the exact timetable, but it is more or less what is happening).

Whatever the reasons behind the move it doesn't take away from the fact that JFK-LHR loses a frequency and STN ultimatley picks up two.

So my original point still stands, that now one JFK-LHR 777 is being dropped, JFK-STN is not going to become a single class 757 route because there would be a lot of premium demand needing soaking up that would go elsewhere.
It appears that you are trying to construct a cause/effect argument out of a set of events that are mere happenstance. Any arguments that follow this (the discussion of the a/c size on the route) are invalid right from the start since the premise is invalid. I believe that's the point HNL is trying to make.

Cheers.
Old Oct 3, 07, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by brp View Post
It appears that you are trying to construct a cause/effect argument out of a set of events that are mere happenstance. Any arguments that follow this (the discussion of the a/c size on the route) are invalid right from the start since the premise is invalid. I believe that's the point HNL is trying to make.

Cheers.
I don't buy that at all. I can't believe AA would knock a frequency off LHR-JFK without adding one to another London airport as they have done.
Old Oct 3, 07, 10:57 am

Programs: BAEC redundant Bronze, AAdvantage Lifetime PLT, CO, WN, B6

I don't know that you can definitely conclude JFK-STN won't ever become a 757 from that, however what is interesting is the two STN flights barely compensate in premium seats for the loss of one 777 to LHR - you lose 53 F & J and add 2 x 30 J.
Old Oct 3, 07, 11:01 am

Programs: BAEC redundant Bronze, AAdvantage Lifetime PLT, CO, WN, B6
Originally Posted by JGR01 View Post
Announced a little over an hour ago.

discounts on J
bonus miles for J travel

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/...03102007-1.htm

Lets not worry about the details and enjoy the competition!

I'm not sure the J discounts have so much to do with the new route to STN as the fares being offered by DL to LGW. I guess it, though, give the marekting guys a 'hook' on which to hang the story.
Old Oct 3, 07, 1:19 pm

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Gobalist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
I just noticed the schedule in that press release:

New York JFK to London Stansted

Code:
     Flight Number   Effective            Departs        Arrives
     124             Oct. 28, 2007        7:45 p.m.      8:00 a.m. (next day)
     128             April 7, 2008        9:45 p.m.      9:45 a.m. (next day)

London Stansted to New York JFK

Flight Number   Effective            Departs        Arrives
     125             Oct. 29, 2007        10:15 a.m.     1:15 p.m. (same day)
     129             April 8, 2008        6:00 p.m.      8:50 p.m. (same day)
That's a hellova long time for the plane to sit on the ground at STN between 128 and 129. I wonder what the reason is behind that...
Old Oct 3, 07, 2:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BAEC Bronze, DL Plat UA, HHonors Platinum, SPG Gold, Hyatt
Originally Posted by aamilesslave View Post
I just noticed the schedule in that press release:

That's a hellova long time for the plane to sit on the ground at STN between 128 and 129. I wonder what the reason is behind that...
It is a long time, I suppose that they're trying to attract city folk and so after work is the key, although you'd think they would go for 7 or even later, given that...
Old Oct 3, 07, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by aamilesslave View Post
Perhaps the desire to offer a late-day STN-JFK service? Leaving earlier would definitely improve utilization, but at the cost of two close departures. If some high-yield pax strongly prefer the later flight, I guess this could make sense.
Old Oct 3, 07, 9:20 pm

Wetherspoons? Urgh. Couldn't *pay* me.

ETA: And this is going to attract premium customers from the City how? I rather doubt AA's commitment to STN...
Old Oct 3, 07, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Instead they have entered into a partnership with the Weatherspoons bar within the satellite terminal AA are using.
That's right luxury, is that! Dead posh and all [/yorkshire accent]

Not joking around but as a University student I'd try and avoid Wetherspoons because it was TOO cheap! I can see why AA don't want to put a pricey lounge in but going for a Wetherspoons doesn't instil the product with a 'premium passenger/cabin image'.
Old Oct 3, 07, 9:45 pm
Suspended

Even EasyJet offers lounge access at STN

the cost is $32...I think the Servisair lounge - same pier as MaxJet and EOS flights so I believe where AA will probably operate.

I wonder why AA wouldn't cut a deal with Servisair?

https://www.easyjetlounges.com/en/bo...=25&quote.y=11
Old Oct 4, 07, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by dddc
Weatherspoons are the equivelent of McDonalds in the pub world, although I think MikeyD's burgers are more tasty and probably better value!
I would concur about the food, but on the other hand I must note that very few McDonalds serve cask ales.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: