Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Priority Security with UA Premier Exec card on AA Flight?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2007, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K, UA Plt
Priority Security with UA Premier Exec card on AA Flight?

I am relocating to Austin and have decided to jump ship from UA to AA. I just started a Platinum challenge and will make it in no trouble with four flights in the next two months. Problem is they wouldn't give me any status. I will be flying out of O'Hare for most of those flights and priority security is a must. Can I use my UA Premier Exec card to access security when I am on an AA ticket?
Old Sep 14, 2007, 1:39 pm

Just buy a FC ticket
Refund after you are through security
Old Sep 14, 2007, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Thats a possibility.
Old Sep 14, 2007, 3:48 pm

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
It depends on how smart the TSA checker is.

At AA, they sideways print your tier on the boarding pass so perhaps the checker has been trained to look at that as validation on the BP. Then again, my premium security is marked with the FIRST on the BP also as my initial leg (where I clear TSA) normally clears the upgrade.

I have seen others getting out a ID and a tier card along with their BP in MSP to access the premium line.

If ORD is as 'loose' will depend on the smartness (and training) of the checker.

Given their general 'ability' levels from what I have seen ... I would definately say you are good to go with your UA premium card.

Give it a try and report back!
Old Sep 14, 2007, 5:23 pm

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott SIL, Hyatt GLD
Use the security line all the way on the end of Terminal 3 at ORD (turn left when facing the agents and walk all the way down to the end). This line is mainly for Delta and hardly used. It's almost always shorter than the AA Elite lines. No Elite card necessary.
Old Sep 14, 2007, 5:32 pm

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
Originally Posted by ORDinary Gold
Use the security line all the way on the end of Terminal 3 at ORD (turn left when facing the agents and walk all the way down to the end). This line is mainly for Delta and hardly used. It's almost always shorter than the AA Elite lines. No Elite card necessary.
How is the other security line .. the one that is to the far right towards Eagle? Is that still there and how are those lines?

I agree the middle lines are where everyone congregates.

The DL-area security is an EXCELLLLLENT recommendation! The few times I have had to connect from H/K to L gates, this security checkpoint is a ghost town!
Old Sep 14, 2007, 6:37 pm
Original Poster

Thanks everyone. I have used the T2 security checkpoints on Monday mornings many times when T1 priority security line is a mile long. Works like a champ. Guess I'll try that next time with my UA 1P card and an AA ticket. I'll report back the results.

Drew

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.