Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA.com online check-in not working. Normal?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2007, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
AA.com online check-in not working. Normal?

I am flying to St. Croix from LAX tomorrow.

AA.com will not let me check in online. It's error is not specific:

Check below for errors:
We are unable to check you in. Please check in at the airport with an agent.
This is despite the rules making it appear possible:

You are booked on a reservation that only contains flights within the U.S. (including Alaska and Hawaii), Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Has anyone else run into this? Anything to do with the destination?

Thanks
Old Sep 6, 2007, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Signs point to HaraSSSSment which requires check-in at the airport so you can get your SSSS flagged boarding pass and the full monty through security.

--DD73
Old Sep 6, 2007, 2:37 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, WN RR
Bah. It won't let me check in online either (for a flight about this time tomorrow), b/c I "don't have an electronic ticket." When I called 1800-AASUX, I was told it's actually because I also have an international leg of my journey...so I can't check in online.

So much for trying to score an upgrade. Sigh.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 3:07 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by divemistressofthedark
I was told it's actually because I also have an international leg of my journey...so I can't check in online.

So much for trying to score an upgrade. Sigh.
Well, this is certainly nothing even close to new, and should not come as a surprise. I sure hope it hasn't.

Cheers.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dudleydog73
Signs point to HaraSSSSment which requires check-in at the airport so you can get your SSSS flagged boarding pass and the full monty through security.

--DD73
Pretty unusual for an elite to get SSSS no? I haven't gotten in in 3 years of being a AA and UA elite.

Hopefully everything goes smoothly. I really wanted to do OLCI since I have good seats and want to ensure I keep them.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 7:53 pm
Original Poster

Just got an email from AA

Dear CPMaverick,

Thank you for choosing American Airlines® / American Eagle® for your upcoming trip. Below you will find your current itinerary information for record locator XXXXXXX - please contact us if your travel plans have changed.

Your trip is eligible for check-in now. Save time at the airport and check-in on AA.com® any time from now up to one hour prior to your departure. To use our new instant check-in feature, simply click the button below and print your boarding pass. Save this email and use your personal check-in button for quick and easy check-in for your return flight.

Don't Wait Check In Now
Old Sep 6, 2007, 9:39 pm

Did you try to check in online after you received the email?
Old Sep 7, 2007, 11:00 am

Programs: AA 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CPMaverick
Pretty unusual for an elite to get SSSS no? I haven't gotten in in 3 years of being a AA and UA elite.

Hopefully everything goes smoothly. I really wanted to do OLCI since I have good seats and want to ensure I keep them.
It is rare but does happen on occasion due to the "randomness" of the selection.

The last time I got selected was due to a misconnect from Swiss in Chicago where we were delayed in ZRH due to a massive snow storm. Since Swiss rebooked us on a one way last minute fare we got immediately flagged despite being Platinum.

What was the final verdict? Did you get SSSS?

--DD73
Old Sep 7, 2007, 2:23 pm

So, as a tack on, does SSSS even mean anything anymore?

I had a cancelled flight from JFK, and was rebooked in Y with SSSS all over my BP. I went through security just as I always do. Did I fall through a crack or is SSSS outdated?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.