AA Changing Procedures to Reduce Delays

Old Sep 5, 2007, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Exclamation AA Changing Procedures to Reduce Delays

American Airlines has been stepping up its efforts to ease the pain of air traffic delays, The Wall Street Journal's Middle Seat Column reports:

American has decided to sell fewer seats on key flights in key markets during busy travel periods so more empty seats are available to rebook customers who miss connections because of late or canceled flights. That will start with Thanksgiving, Middle Seat columnist Scott McCartney writes, quoting AA executive Dan Garton.

[Full text redacted by moderator]

Last edited by bollar; Sep 5, 2007 at 5:03 pm
Old Sep 5, 2007, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=732410
Old Sep 5, 2007, 4:38 pm

Programs: BAEC redundant Bronze, AAdvantage Lifetime PLT, CO, WN, B6
Originally Posted by WingNaPrayer
American has also improved its reservation system, so that the seat held for a customer with no chance of making a connection will be released for other passengers. In the past, once you had a boarding pass, your seat was blocked. The airline's systems didn't take into account changes like your flight's being diverted to another city, or being delayed so much you had no chance of making a connection.

Anyone want to bet on the timing of the first "I had a boarding pass but they wouldn't let me on...." post?
Old Sep 5, 2007, 5:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP/4MM, QF PLT, Marriott PLT
This is a duplicate thread, so I'll close it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.