Wiki Posts
Search

Guardian angels at SFO AC

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2007, 8:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Platinum, AA Gold, UA Premier, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Silver
Guardian angels at SFO AC

I have nothing but praise for the grace, fortitude and dignity of the entire AC staff at SFO during the past few days. My flight was cancelled two days in a row, and finally one of the angels at the SFO AC got me a seat out to DFW with an upgrade for all of the inconvenience. I am Seattle-based, but living out of a suitcase for the next few weeks. It was wonderful to see how caring the staff in SFO really was.

Thanks again...and I did email your supervisor.
Old Jun 29, 2007, 9:00 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Chet is my favorite bartender in the system. ^
Old Jun 30, 2007, 12:45 am

Programs: AA Bonsai EXP (2.9 MM), AS MVPG
Originally Posted by flyingpharmd
I have nothing but praise for the grace, fortitude and dignity of the entire AC staff at SFO during the past few days.
The club itself is one of the worst in the system, but the staff is fantastic. Natt, Pilar, and the entire gang are truly fantastic. They are among the key reasons that I stay with AA in United-heavy SFO. They have bent over backwards for me so many times when ops have been disrupted that it's almost silly. I just keep thanking them with smiles, flowers, chocolates and renewals but it never seems like enough.
Old Jun 30, 2007, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
^^^^^

(PS - Hey, based on your username, did you leave behind any goodies like pens, mugs, calculators, clocks, and/or samples? )

(PPS - I agree about the facilities... the men's restroom is so foul smelling that sometimes I go outside )
Old Jun 30, 2007, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by Spiff
Chet is my favorite bartender in the system. ^
Is Dee one of the other bartenders there? I seem to recall having a loooooong chat with him as one of the AAngels processed an MFU for me a few months ago.

They couldn't do enough for me, was a fantastic evening!
Old Jun 30, 2007, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by spanishflea
Is Dee one of the other bartenders there? I seem to recall having a loooooong chat with him as one of the AAngels processed an MFU for me a few months ago.

They couldn't do enough for me, was a fantastic evening!
Not sure. If Chet's not there, I usually just get my drink and wander off.
Old Jun 30, 2007, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by IceTrojan

(PPS - I agree about the facilities... the men's restroom is so foul smelling that sometimes I go outside )
SFPD might have something to say about that...
Old Jun 30, 2007, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by spanishflea
Is Dee one of the other bartenders there?
Yes. Nice guy. He just got back from a week long trip to Disney with his kids. Basically, the entire SFO AC staff (including Dee and Chet at the bar) is very friendly.
Old Jul 1, 2007, 12:24 am
oec

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum
The bartender at SFO is always great. The staff there is helpful too. The facilities are... less than fantastic, but the customer service makes up for it, in my opinion. (Though I only visit there once every couple of months or so.)
Old Jul 1, 2007, 7:26 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond, AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides
Yes. Nice guy. He just got back from a week long trip to Disney with his kids. Basically, the entire SFO AC staff (including Dee and Chet at the bar) is very friendly.
Chet makes the BEST Bloody Marys!!!

cat22
Old Jul 1, 2007, 9:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Platinum, AA Gold, UA Premier, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Silver
Originally Posted by IceTrojan
^^^^^

(PS - Hey, based on your username, did you leave behind any goodies like pens, mugs, calculators, clocks, and/or samples? )

LOL...I am in research and development, and we are not allowed to hand out anything except our business cards and a few printed journal articles here and there.

Now our sales reps love to plaster places with pens, pads, etc., but I can't even order them from the catalogue.
Old Jul 1, 2007, 10:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM
When I used to live in the Bay Area, that AC staff did amazing things. Had the MIA red-eye cancel. They put me on JFK, got somebody to go to the bag room and retag my bags. I made it to STT with my bags and got upgraded as well. Eileen saved me a bunch of times. Flew more out of SFO than SJC even though I used to live in Sunnyvale.

Sure do miss the Bay Area and my old FT buddies.
Old Jul 2, 2007, 9:19 am

Programs: AA EXP; Starwood Gold
Totally concur. Though it isn't much of a lounge, the staff there is off the charts. ^^^ I just got a pack of those positive experience certificates (sorry, I know that isn't the name but I don't have them in front of me) and I think I might just blow the whole set of the SFO AC staff.

(Too bad you can't say the same things about the guys running the metal detector. I fly through there every week, and every time it takes me a half hour to get through security even though there are maybe 10 people in front of me. )
Old Jul 2, 2007, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by Dan5000
(Too bad you can't say the same things about the guys running the metal detector. I fly through there every week, and every time it takes me a half hour to get through security even though there are maybe 10 people in front of me. )
I have had the opposite experience with SFO security, which I find to be very painless.

After AA check-in/kiosks, you are using the security checkpoint to the right, correct? The one to left (shared with UA) is often nuts; the one to the right, which is generally AA only is very quick and has the FC/BC/EXP/PLT/GLD line to further speed things. I am usually in the club in less than 10 minutes after parking at the terminal. If you are also using security to the right then I am either very lucky or this is a clear case of YMMV.

Last edited by TheDudeAbides; Jul 2, 2007 at 4:49 pm Reason: minor grammar fixes
Old Jul 2, 2007, 11:52 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides
I have had the opposite experience with SFO security, which I find to very painless.
I'm generally through there in 10 mins or less. In 6 years of flying AA out of SFO, I can't remember any screening that took 30 mins.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.