FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair-445/)
-   -   Where Will the International Flagship Lounge @ New York JFK be Located? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-pre-consolidation-usair/707208-where-will-international-flagship-lounge-new-york-jfk-located.html)

Dave Marsh Jun 24, 2007 8:48 am

Where Will the International Flagship Lounge @ New York JFK be Located?

Just wondering where exactly will the IFL be located in JFK. I am looking forward to using this rather than the old AC outside security (where most of the trans con departs before)

ESpen36 Jun 24, 2007 8:51 am

It will be located above the main concourse across the big hallway from gate 12. When you come through security, you would under a bridge of sorts. At each end of the bridge are elevators. Go into one of them and you will see the button to press that already says "Admirals Club" and "Flagship Lounge."

Another way to find it is to look to the right, toward the entrance to the temporary Admirals Club (not worth a visit, doesn't even have drink chits). On the right, you will see an elevator and stairs up to where the new club will be.

Dave Marsh Jun 24, 2007 9:06 am

Thanks.

I visited the new AC back in APril and find it pretty ncie, but just lacking any amenities (eg. food and free drinks). The IFL is long overdue @JFK.

I hope they will open one up at DFW as well, since it is their HUB

HNL Jun 24, 2007 9:16 am

Originally Posted by ESpen36 (Post 7950037)
It will be located above the main concourse across the big hallway from gate 12. When you come through security, you would under a bridge of sorts. At each end of the bridge are elevators. Go into one of them and you will see the button to press that already says "Admirals Club" and "Flagship Lounge."

Another way to find it is to look to the right, toward the entrance to the temporary Admirals Club (not worth a visit, doesn't even have drink chits). On the right, you will see an elevator and stairs up to where the new club will be.

Reports here indicated the temp AC has a comp bar - thus no need for the chits, right?

Dave Marsh Jun 24, 2007 9:25 am

Originally Posted by HNL (Post 7950106)
Reports here indicated the temp AC has a comp bar - thus no need for the chits, right?

I want to confirm one thing, I thought the AC is permeant already? Where is this temp one? I thought after going through security you have to go through a tunnel type of corridor and then at the end u can take the elevator and the AC is located 1 level up? Is this temp AC located in the OLD terminal?

JohnnyUMF Jun 24, 2007 9:37 am

Current access rule for transcon in C?

Sorry to piggyback on this thread, although aa.com is not any different, has anyone experienced AC access flying paid or award C class on the JFK transcon's yet as has been discussed?

Spiff Jun 24, 2007 10:17 am

Originally Posted by HNL (Post 7950106)

:confused:

I've had to use drink chits at the JFK ACs (old and new) every time I've wanted something stronger than a Coke.

Thankfully, drink chits are free and unlimited, thanks to Qantas. :cool:

1/4MM@20 Jun 24, 2007 10:44 am

Originally Posted by Dave Marsh (Post 7950133)
I want to confirm one thing, I thought the AC is permeant already? Where is this temp one? I thought after going through security you have to go through a tunnel type of corridor and then at the end u can take the elevator and the AC is located 1 level up? Is this temp AC located in the OLD terminal?

The AC after the tunnel is permanent.

There is now a temp AC just after security on the right. I guess this serves the gates to the left just after security.

As mentioned the temp AC is very poor. Its a big room with some chairs in it...

tom911 Jun 24, 2007 10:45 am

Originally Posted by Dave Marsh (Post 7950133)
I want to confirm one thing, I thought the AC is permeant already? Where is this temp one?

A temporary Admirals Club lounge is now open on the B Concourse of the new terminal. The temporary facility is located on your right, just steps beyond the T9 security checkpoint. This temporary lounge will remain open until the new Admirals Club lounge on Concourse B is completed.

The Admirals Club lounge on Concourse C in Terminal 9, and the Admirals Club lounge in Terminal 8 are also available.

http://www.aa.com/content/travelInfo...iralsJFK.jhtml

MileHigh Jun 24, 2007 11:38 am

The drinks were free last week at the temp AC at JFK.

HNL Jun 24, 2007 11:57 am

Originally Posted by Spiff (Post 7950329)
:confused:

I've had to use drink chits at the JFK ACs (old and new) every time I've wanted something stronger than a Coke.

Thankfully, drink chits are free and unlimited, thanks to Qantas. :cool:

I was referencing the new TEMP AC.

Spiff Jun 24, 2007 2:25 pm

Sweet! There must be quite a few people staggering around JFK. :D

PresRDC Jun 24, 2007 2:52 pm

The drinks in the temp AC are free, but the selection is more limited.

There is not a proper bar, just a few bottles of booze and beer. No beer on tap. It is not serve yourself. They only have plastic cups.

While no where near as nice as the permanent club, it is a lot less crowded in the evening rush hour.

Blumie Jun 24, 2007 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by PresRDC (Post 7951209)
There is not a proper bar, just a few bottles of booze and beer. No beer on tap. It is not serve yourself. They only have plastic cups.

They have booze? Sounds like a proper bar to me!

greggwiggins Jun 25, 2007 8:57 am

Originally Posted by Blumie (Post 7951927)
They have booze? Sounds like a proper bar to me!

They have free booze? Sounds like a REALLY proper bar to me!