Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 29, 12, 8:53 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: JDiver
Wiki Link
MODERATOR NOTE

THIS PROGRAM ENDED 30 NOV 2011 - see the new thread linked to below for current information.
● The terms of the undocumented lifetime status million miles from any / all sources program ended 30 Nov 2011; please read the new
AAdvantage® Million Miler Program Launched on 1 Dec 2011 for the current terms and conditions.

● To shout out how you made 1MM, 2MM or even more under the new program, please share in:
Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program! (>1 Dec 2011)
American AAdvantage Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

Old Oct 17, 07, 12:48 pm

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Are those redeemed miles counted toward the 1M? Do we just accumulate and not use them. Thanks!!
Old Oct 17, 07, 1:25 pm

Programs: AA PLT (2MM+); BD GLD; Steerage in most other airline programs; SPG GLD; heckuva guy
It is lifetime miles earned--from whatever source--that count towards lifetime GLD and PLT status. It doesn't matter whether you redeem them or not.

Thus, (1) a person with 1MM miles earned and in their account and (2) a person with 1MM miles earned but who redeemed all those miles for awards (and who thus has zero miles available in their account) are BOTH qualified for lifetime GLD status.

Originally Posted by milemission View Post
Are those redeemed miles counted toward the 1M? Do we just accumulate and not use them. Thanks!!
Old Oct 17, 07, 1:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Bwwwwaaaaaahahahahhaha! I'm Lifetime Gold!!

Okay, I hit 1MM about 2 years ago, but I just found this thread today....
Old Oct 17, 07, 3:23 pm

Programs: UA PLT (MR Gld; Hertz PC), AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT GLD, GP Plt, Mets fan.

A last minute trip LAX-JFK came up, and I had to book it myself online. So, with the mileage and the bonus mileage, I cleared with room to spare.

Unfortunately, I was hoping to avoid AA for the rest of the year (except for a pre-booked Thanksgiving weekend trip to DC - which was supposed to have put me over the top for both 1MM & PLT requal), and concentrate my flying on UA to keep status there in case AA pilots strike in '08...but I couldn't find a fare that came within our corporate travel rules. GRRRRR.
Old Oct 17, 07, 4:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, *A Gold, WN detractor
I am lifetime gold, only 150k from lifetime platinum. I would have easily met LT Plat by next year if AA hadn't killed the SJC-NRT flight. Thanks to that, I will barely make 35k this year. OTOH, United has enjoyed my frequent NRT trips this year.
Old Oct 25, 07, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
As of this morning:

Program to Date Miles: 1,001,981

THANK YOU FT! Lifetime GLD!

Of course, lifetime GLD is a bit anticlimactic, given that I'm currently EXP. I think we'd all agree that the big one is the next threshold. After 2MM I will be PLT for life and really will be able to relax!

And given that I'm EXP, I should pass it within 5 years (from only flight activity: 100k miles + 100% bonus = 200k RDMs/year), but that doesn't take into account all of my partner activity.

So, I predict that it will be less than five years for the second (and most important) MM! Hopefully AA won't end the 2MM-PLT-for-life program before I get there!
Old Oct 25, 07, 10:55 am

Programs: aa exp 1MM, alaska air, united, hhonors gold, spg gold
Originally Posted by ESpen36 View Post
Hopefully AA won't end the 2MM-PLT-for-life program before I get there!

...or after..
Old Oct 30, 07, 7:34 am

Programs: All major Airlines, Hotel Chains, Credit Cards and Car Rentals
1MM eVIP question

I tried to look for answers to this question but I am getting mixed information. I am close to hitting 1MM and was wondering if I would get eVIPs or 500-mile upgrades. What do I really get when I cross 1MM and how many? I really want the eVIPs and not 500-milers. I have my US address registered on AAdvantage account. Any information would be very useful. TIA.

Last edited by jeelele; Oct 30, 07 at 8:32 am
Old Oct 30, 07, 7:53 am

Programs: AA 2MM PLT, HH Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by SJCFlyerLG View Post
I am lifetime gold, only 150k from lifetime platinum. I would have easily met LT Plat by next year if AA hadn't killed the SJC-NRT flight. Thanks to that, I will barely make 35k this year. OTOH, United has enjoyed my frequent NRT trips this year.
1MM here as well, and also very disappointed that AA killed the SJC-NRT flight. I flew SJC-LAX-NRT a couple of weeks ago (much cheaper than the SFO-NRT nonstop, plus I needed this to hit PLT), and wound up delayed by a day getting to NRT as it happened to be the one day a year that SJC was fogged in. Never again - it'll be UA from now on.

I don't know if I'll ever hit 2MM, though, as today AA/OneWorld seems to barely exist (almost no international flights, as well as AAbandoning SJC) for the sixth largest population center in the United States.
Old Oct 30, 07, 8:44 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, AS 75K Gold MVP, and some hotel stuff...
Originally Posted by JHunter View Post
1MM here as well, and also very disappointed that AA killed the SJC-NRT flight. I flew SJC-LAX-NRT a couple of weeks ago (much cheaper than the SFO-NRT nonstop, plus I needed this to hit PLT), and wound up delayed by a day getting to NRT as it happened to be the one day a year that SJC was fogged in. Never again - it'll be UA from now on.

I don't know if I'll ever hit 2MM, though, as today AA/OneWorld seems to barely exist (almost no international flights, as well as AAbandoning SJC) for the sixth largest population center in the United States.
I'm sorry to hear of your experiences out of SJC. I've been EXP out of SJC (and some SFO) for the past three years, and have had very few problems. The lack of flights is not great, but the airport experience is superior to most other domestic airports I've used in terms of ease and convenience. I also miss the SJC-NRT flights, but the routing through LAX is not all that bad .

Good luck with your chosen airline!!

Cheers.
Old Oct 30, 07, 10:29 am

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by jeelele View Post
I tried to look for answers to this question but I am getting mixed information. I am close to hitting 1MM and was wondering if I would get eVIPs or 500-mile upgrades.
See post #84 (by another US-based member) in this thread.

Also: I'm curious about the mixed information you say you've encountered. Would please post the links to the confusing posts/threads so that the appropriate corrections can be made? TIA.
Old Oct 30, 07, 11:15 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
If your domicile is within AA's definition pf domestic / North America, you will certainly earn eight 500-mile upgrades; if you were domiciled were in a country where 500 mile upgrades were pretty useless (the idea behind the rule) you would earn 4 eVIPs. But wait - when you earn 2M or any other million miles thereafter after, you will earn 4 eVIPs each time you cross a MM threshold..

I tried to look for answers to this question but I am getting mixed information. I am close to hitting 1MM and was wondering if I would get eVIPs or 500-mile upgrades. What do I really get when I cross 1MM and how many? I really want the eVIPs and not 500-milers. I have my US address registered on AAdvantage account. Any information would be very useful. TIA.
Old Oct 30, 07, 12:22 pm

Programs: All major Airlines, Hotel Chains, Credit Cards and Car Rentals
Originally Posted by oklAAhoma View Post
See post #84 (by another US-based member) in this thread.

Also: I'm curious about the mixed information you say you've encountered. Would please post the links to the confusing posts/threads so that the appropriate corrections can be made? TIA.
Originally Posted by JDiver View Post
If your domicile is within AA's definition pf domestic / North America, you will certainly earn eight 500-mile upgrades; if you were domiciled were in a country where 500 mile upgrades were pretty useless (the idea behind the rule) you would earn 4 eVIPs. But wait - when you earn 2M or any other million miles thereafter after, you will earn 4 eVIPs each time you cross a MM threshold..
Thanks for the replies. For some reason, I was under the impression that I would get eVIPs. Seems like I had mistaken stickers to be eVIPs.

Now, I will have all the more reasons to fasttrack to 2MM.
Old Oct 30, 07, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Now, I will have all the more reasons to fasttrack to 2MM.
By jove, I think you've got it.
Old Nov 1, 07, 8:23 pm

Programs: AA PLT 1.95 MM
999,817 AA Program Miles to Date

I just wanted to say thank you to all on this board and to the FT community for their part in helping me get to this place. It took more than 13 years of flying and taking aadvantage of every bonus and maximizing value when I could. I have looked to this board for many things, updates to the progam, reinforce ideas I came up with on my own, ask the occasional question, among a few.

As I do not fly for business it has taken me much longer to get here than most and the help in filling in the gaps of my info cut that down by years. The Plat Challenge which I learned about here saved me a year at a min. So attaining 1MM miles as inexpensively as I have done, I feel all the better. So to others it can be done even as a casual flyer. Thanks again

It will also be nice not to have to qualify each year if I do not want to keep elite status unless I go for Plat which I will be though Feb 09'

Last edited by Poker Professor; Nov 1, 07 at 9:36 pm Reason: spelling syntax

Search this Thread
Search Engine: