Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 29, 2012, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR NOTE

THIS PROGRAM ENDED 30 NOV 2011 - see the new thread linked to below for current information.
● The terms of the undocumented lifetime status million miles from any / all sources program ended 30 Nov 2011; please read the new
AAdvantage® Million Miler Program Launched on 1 Dec 2011 for the current terms and conditions.

● To shout out how you made 1MM, 2MM or even more under the new program, please share in:
Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program! (>1 Dec 2011)
American AAdvantage Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2010, 6:28 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Originally Posted by pushback
Some of us lifetime Plats better start dieing off or there will be no room left up front!
Hopefully of old age and not on a AA plane! I am too young!
And I am not even there yet to get the "lifetime Plat" benefits.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 9:06 am

Programs: AA 2 MM Plt, *wood Plt
Originally Posted by englishman
Thanks, I joined this forum years ago, and then forgot about it. Someone told me about the lifetime gold achievement, so I went here and found out more.

Thanks for all the info - its actually a great forum!
You FORGOT about FLYERTALK? How COULD you?!?
Congrats on the LT status, and maybe with some hints from this forum, getting to 2MM won't take as long.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 1:32 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Last Friday's AA889 put me over 1 million

I just checked today to see my account update and I clearly see that I passed 1 million miles. Just need to wait until getting my official email confirmation on my achievement. Now to go for Lifetime PLT, so 1 more million miles to go, and for my spouse to hit Lifetime Gold, she needs about 450k miles. Back to the drawing boards.
^^^^^^^:-:
Old Feb 16, 2010, 8:37 am

Programs: AA EXP - 2.2 MM, Admirals Club, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Avis Presidents, National Exec
Saturday: SFO-DFW put me over 1MM in just under 6.5 years. I tried to do the math about how much time in seat I've had and it was nearly depressing. I don't use any other instrument to get AA miles except flying (I use hotel CCs and don't dump any rental car/hotel points to miles).

Although a good 850k of those miles were at platinum or EXP, being in Austin there were a lot of connections involved. Considering delays and connections, I estimate that I've spent at least 100 days (all 24 hours) on AA aircraft not to mention the fact that I could probably get permanent residency in zip code 75261 given the amount of time I've fermented there.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 11:06 am

Location: SFO, SJC, OAK, LVK AA Lifetime Plat 2MM, LUV A-List, Hyatt Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, Commercial Pilot (not employed by airlines)
Originally Posted by BrianV
Saturday: SFO-DFW put me over 1MM in just under 6.5 years. I tried to do the math about how much time in seat I've had and it was nearly depressing. I don't use any other instrument to get AA miles except flying (I use hotel CCs and don't dump any rental car/hotel points to miles).

Although a good 850k of those miles were at platinum or EXP, being in Austin there were a lot of connections involved. Considering delays and connections, I estimate that I've spent at least 100 days (all 24 hours) on AA aircraft not to mention the fact that I could probably get permanent residency in zip code 75261 given the amount of time I've fermented there.
Congratulations, Brian. Welcome to the club. All the time up in the air is time I savor. I fact, it's the only time I can get a book read. Instead of "doing the math" here's a way to have some fun with it. Just punch your flight info in and it will generate all kinds of interesting statistics: My Stats Since ~2000
Old Feb 16, 2010, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, HH Dia, yadda, yadda....
2 miles short....for now

My AA account odometer is ready to roll over. Currently reading 999,998 lifetime miles. So close, but it will change soon once my CC miles post in a few days.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 3:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
Two miles short! That is agony! I'd take a short Mileage run to stop the anxiety unless those CC miles will post today!
Old Feb 16, 2010, 4:23 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, HH Dia, yadda, yadda....
Originally Posted by jbcarioca
Two miles short! That is agony! I'd take a short Mileage run to stop the anxiety unless those CC miles will post today!
LOL. I'll see what I can book.
Old Feb 16, 2010, 9:28 pm

Programs: 1MM Club, AAdvantage Platinum, Lifetime Gold, Aeroplan,
Originally Posted by WestLA-FF
You FORGOT about FLYERTALK? How COULD you?!?
Congrats on the LT status, and maybe with some hints from this forum, getting to 2MM won't take as long.
LOL, actually I didn't really forget it as much as was just lurking without making any postings. I felt the Million Mile achievement was worthy enough to make my first posting...just got my 8 upgrades in my account.
Old Feb 22, 2010, 3:33 pm

Programs: AA 2 MM Plt, *wood Plt
Originally Posted by BrianV
I tried to do the math about how much time in seat I've had and it was nearly depressing...
I use a rough estimate of 1 hour for every 500 flight miles. So to get PLT, it takes 100 BIS hours, and double that for EXP. Then I double that time, for commute time to/from airports, having to get to airports 1 - 1.5 hours early (at least, since 9/2001) and inevitable flight delays. It was depressing when I decided it took 400 hours the year I made EXP. That's 20% of a work-year, except much of the flying was weekends, late hours, etc., which made it even more depressing.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 9:26 pm

Programs: AA PLT,1.4MM
I finally made it to 1MM on my LHR-LAX flight on Monday. I just wish I was receiving 4 more SWUs instead of useless stickers. Oh well, can't complain!
Old Mar 5, 2010, 9:25 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat
Guess it is official: stickers in account

Hi gang:

Just found 8 new stickers in my account today (now have 64) with the label "Million mile upgrade". Broke the MM mark coming home from NRT at the end of February. Almost all miles from BIS + various plat and gold bonuses.

Cheers and safe travels all,
DocD
Old Mar 5, 2010, 10:01 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Shiny new current status card with (1 Million) logo coming atcha soon... and luggage tags, iirc. Congratulations!

Now that you have taken hook, line and sinker, time to earn another million for 4 SWUs and lifetime Platinum.
Old Mar 8, 2010, 1:03 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Several recent posts regarding luggage tags have been relocated to the AAdvantage and Admirals Club luggage tags availability (consolidated) thread. Please follow up that discussion in that thread; thanks.

/Moderator
Old Mar 8, 2010, 4:15 pm

Programs: AA - EXP 2.3 MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold, recovering UA Premier
I passed 2MM in early February, with eVIPs posted two weeks ago. I received the 2MM kit with the lifetime PLT status note in today's postal mail.

Time from 0-1,000,000: 20 years
Time from 1,000,000 - 2,000,000: just under 2 years
Time on FT: 2.5 years. coincidence?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.