Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 29, 2012, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR NOTE

THIS PROGRAM ENDED 30 NOV 2011 - see the new thread linked to below for current information.
● The terms of the undocumented lifetime status million miles from any / all sources program ended 30 Nov 2011; please read the new
AAdvantage® Million Miler Program Launched on 1 Dec 2011 for the current terms and conditions.

● To shout out how you made 1MM, 2MM or even more under the new program, please share in:
Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program! (>1 Dec 2011)
American AAdvantage Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2009, 9:30 am

Programs: AAdvantage Lifetime Gold/Some Years Platinum
Originally Posted by swdke
My Program Miles To Date passed the one million mark this past Satuday. Do I now have lifetime Gold status?
Originally Posted by Happy
There is a sticky on the AA forum titled to FAQ: American Airlines and AAdvantage - Please check here first.

Have you read that? You would have found the answers to many of your questions asked.
Originally Posted by pkerr
Yes...
At the risk of incurring the wrath of the "regulars"...

I would assert that

1) The sticky does not address the poster's first question (to paraphrase, "Am I Gold *right now*?"
2) pkerr's response is incorrect. This poster did NOT have lifetime Gold status the instant he/she crossed the million mile threshold.

Why do I say this? As I posted above, I crossed the million mile threshold earlier this week. However, my online status still shows me as "no status".

I have a flight this weekend, and wanted to be certain to avoid luggage charges. So, I had my wife call AAdvantage customer service. After getting a couple of different people on the line (until they found someone familiar with the Lifetime Gold/Plat program), they informed her that:

1) Million mile thresholds are processed once a week, on Sundays.
2) Until that is processed, you do NOT have Lifetime Gold/Plat status.

They made a manual note on my record for my weekend flight, so I will be given Gold status for that particular flight, avoiding luggage charges.

Had my wife or I not called, I would NOT have Gold status for my flight, even WITH the million miles in the account. I suppose I could have flashed my million-mile printout to the check-in agent, but who knows if that would have gotten me anything. I'm certain it wouldn't help with curbside check-in.

Last edited by dstan; Dec 3, 2009 at 12:03 pm Reason: redacted unnecessary commentary
Old Dec 3, 2009, 10:55 am

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by Gregory Nelson

I would assert that...
Hmm... you are frustrated that the replies posted in response to a question are incomplete and inaccurate. Methinks you are more like one of the "regulars" than you care to admit.

It's nice that you didn't mind taking the time to post an answer that was helpful, but before you come down too hard on those who recommend search, I'd like you to consider the time and effort many have invested in making the AA Wiki a solid source of information. You find the knee-jerk-do-a-search responses somewhat offensive, yet surely you can understand that at least some here find the knee-jerk-ask-whatever-question-pops-into-my-head posts somewhat disrespectful.

FT Guidelines and Rules state that search should be one of the first options used when attempting to find an answer. Are you saying that members should not be expected to follow the rules?

Interestingly enough, if one were to consult the AA Wiki, one would find this gem:

"It takes about 2-3 weeks after your qualifying flight for your million-mile status to be recognized by the system."

http://flyerguide.com/wiki/index.php/Elite_Status_(AA)

That clearly answers the OP's question, doesn't it?

Last edited by dstan; Dec 3, 2009 at 12:05 pm Reason: repaired broken link
Old Dec 3, 2009, 12:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
How many 1M- and 2M-Milers are there?

Anyone have any realistic idea?

(I'm sure HNL can give us the exact number, but his calculation methods are suspect... there, i've finally said it!)
Old Dec 3, 2009, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by billgrates3
Anyone have any realistic idea?

(I'm sure HNL can give us the exact number, but his calculation methods are suspect... there, i've finally said it!)
I've wondered this too. Has there ever been a poll here to ask who has it? It wouldn't be a good sample since everyone here is very into miles but would be interesting to know just how many from FT alone are MMers.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 7:24 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by Shawn02139
Hi,
I just crossed 1mm ten days ago, got an email yesterday, and 4 eVIPs posted to my account today.

But curiously, one is marked "used", meaning i ahve 3 available.

I certainly haven't used it, have only one upcoming trip on AA for which i've requested sticker upgrades...

I will call them once i'm back in the US, but wonder if anyone else has had this issue?

Shawn
Boston? 1mm? 4 eVIPS?
Old Dec 4, 2009, 7:37 am

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by Gregory Nelson

2) pkerr's response is incorrect. This poster did NOT have lifetime Gold status the instant he/she crossed the million mile threshold.

Why do I say this? As I posted above, I crossed the million mile threshold earlier this week. However, my online status still shows me as "no status".

I have a flight this weekend, and wanted to be certain to avoid luggage charges. So, I had my wife call AAdvantage customer service. After getting a couple of different people on the line (until they found someone familiar with the Lifetime Gold/Plat program), they informed her that:

1) Million mile thresholds are processed once a week, on Sundays.
2) Until that is processed, you do NOT have Lifetime Gold/Plat status...
Aside from the "other" items you pointed out... if you are in the middle of a flight and cross over the Gold or Platinum threshold, that flight will accrue appropriate mile bonus. Either the 25% or 100% bonus.
Old Dec 4, 2009, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA PLT 1MM, HH Diamond, Avis First
Smile

After several years of little travel and no status, Gold in Sept. on segments, 1MM in Oct., and PLT in Dec. (thanks to DEQM), YEAH!
Old Dec 5, 2009, 10:14 pm

Programs: AA LTGLD, DL PLT, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Sagy
I'm closing on 2MM and in need of some advice.

Based on the above it is clear that if I reach 2MM before Dec 31st 2009 the eVIPs will be good through Feb 2011 and if I reach 2MM after Mar 1st 2010, the eVIPs will be valid through Feb 2012. However, I'm not clear how long the eVIPs will last if I reach 2MM between Jan 1st and Feb 28 2010?

Given that I'll make Platinum this year based on EQM, does it make sense to delay the date in which I cross 2MM in order to make the eVIPs valid until Feb 2012?

Thanks,
do we have an answer to this one?
Old Dec 5, 2009, 10:15 pm

Programs: AA LTGLD, DL PLT, SPG Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by kayak-dan
After several years of little travel and no status, Gold in Sept. on segments, 1MM in Oct., and PLT in Dec. (thanks to DEQM), YEAH!
...but only one post?-) welcome and congrats!
Old Dec 5, 2009, 11:22 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, LH SEN *, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Sagy
I'm closing on 2MM and in need of some advice.

Based on the above it is clear that if I reach 2MM before Dec 31st 2009 the eVIPs will be good through Feb 2011 and if I reach 2MM after Mar 1st 2010, the eVIPs will be valid through Feb 2012. However, I'm not clear how long the eVIPs will last if I reach 2MM between Jan 1st and Feb 28 2010?
Based on past experience SWUs (or eVIPs for those of you who insist on living in the past ) earned any time during the calendar year 2010 will expire 2/29/2012.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 12:28 am
Original Member, Ambassador: OneWorld Alliance

Programs: AA ExecPlat & 3MM; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by dukieee
do we have an answer to this one?
Yes, see Crossing 2,000,000 lifetime miles - Timing considerations
Old Dec 9, 2009, 4:59 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Officially 1 Million miler now. Thanks Citibank.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 11:40 pm

Programs: UAL, AA, AS, CX
I did it FINALLY I made 1MM as of this Saturday December 6th

Program to Date Miles 1,005,244

Thanks to all the FTers out there who also helped maximize getting those miles over the last few years.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 4:59 am

Programs: UAL 1MM, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA 3MM
I hit 2MM miles but I figured y'all read about it in the WSJ already.

BIS=0
Old Dec 15, 2009, 7:44 pm

Location: Half time in PDX, Half time in Ajijic, Mexico. Near GDL
Programs: AA Platinum
Newbie Looking for some Luv from AA

Hi, my name it Toni and I'm an FT addict. OK, there, I've admitted it. I've been mostly lurking here for a couple of years and thought I might as well jump in and introduce myself. So, howdy.
Y'all have helped me go from 350,109 miles 18 months ago with no status to 991,439 miles and Platinum status currently. And yup, tomorrow I'll reach 1 Million Lifetime Gold. So, a big thank you to all you FTers. Honestly, you guys rock!
Now, tell me...how do I gather the next million miles? I do the flying, shopping, dining, churning, citibank account, and coins. But the last three are drying up. Any thoughts...? If you've got some ideas, I'd love a hint. PM me if you don't want it to be too public. Many thanks. t

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.