Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 29, 12, 8:53 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: JDiver
Wiki Link
MODERATOR NOTE

THIS PROGRAM ENDED 30 NOV 2011 - see the new thread linked to below for current information.
● The terms of the undocumented lifetime status million miles from any / all sources program ended 30 Nov 2011; please read the new
AAdvantage® Million Miler Program Launched on 1 Dec 2011 for the current terms and conditions.

● To shout out how you made 1MM, 2MM or even more under the new program, please share in:
Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program! (>1 Dec 2011)
American AAdvantage Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

Old Aug 17, 09, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ffI View Post
As one who has resided in and out of the UK and US, the mileage earning opportunities are MUCH easier in the US. Anyone outside who hits 1 MM has spent a lot more than someone in the US. I have NEVER seen 25k card churn every 2 months outside the US. I am now here and get the "meager" offerings, but realize that I would have never made it outside. The awards I think reflect that fact.

On a different note, it has been a week since my miles posted, (9th) and I do not see any change, perhaps the weekly sweep is slower due to the economy.
The U.S. is a big country. Some places have better flying opportunities than others. Fifty roundtrips in J LHR-LAX for a Platinum would get lifetime status. So would five hundred roundtrips on an RJ. Personally, I think the five hundred RJ roundtrips is tougher, but YMMV.
Old Aug 17, 09, 9:47 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
The question "Just made 1 MM when do I see the Upgrades" has been answered, and that thread began to deal with more general 1MM / 2MM questions, so it has been rolled into the consolidated thread.

/Moderator

The issue of temporary changes of domicile to earn 4 SWU/eVIPs instead of 8 500 mile upgrade "stickers" has been raised numerous times. I would caution members considering that option that it may indeed work - until AAdvantage Audits catches the temporary "move" to a post box or friend's and back to the USA and carries out punitive action against the member's account. (Yes, they can do it / yes, they have done it - as unfair as one may think that is, AA wrote the terms and conditions, and AAdvantage members are considered to have agreed with the terms of use merely be using the system.)
Old Aug 17, 09, 1:34 pm

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
The eVips that one gets when passing the MM milestone.. how are those different from the upgrades you get after flying 10,000 / 20,000 etc?

And maybe I have it wrong but it looks like from the 1st post in this thread that eVips come at the 2nd MM?
Thanks
Old Aug 17, 09, 3:01 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by pkerr View Post
The eVips that one gets when passing the MM milestone.. how are those different from the upgrades you get after flying 10,000 / 20,000 etc?

And maybe I have it wrong but it looks like from the 1st post in this thread that eVips come at the 2nd MM?
Thanks
US-based AAdvantage members do not receive eVIPs after crossing the 1MM mark. They receive 8 500-mile upgrades (a.k.a. "stickers"). They are the same upgrades as the 4 500-mile upgrades that PLT and GLD members receive for each 10K mile increment they fly.

eVIPs (a.k.a. systemwide upgrades) are granted at the 2nd MM and subsequent MM milestones.
Old Aug 17, 09, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by JY1024 View Post
US-based AAdvantage members do not receive eVIPs after crossing the 1MM mark. They receive 8 500-mile upgrades (a.k.a. "stickers"). They are the same upgrades as the 4 500-mile upgrades that PLT and GLD members receive for each 10K mile increment they fly.

eVIPs (a.k.a. systemwide upgrades) are granted at the 2nd MM and subsequent MM milestones.
Sorry but still a bit confused. So at he 2mm mark you receive systemwide upgrades? Or the 8 "stickers"?
Old Aug 17, 09, 3:22 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by pkerr View Post
Sorry but still a bit confused. So at he 2mm mark you receive systemwide upgrades? Or the 8 "stickers"?
For US-based AAdvantage accounts:

1MM - 8 500-mile upgrades ("stickers")
2MM - 4 eVIPs
3MM - 4 eVIPs
...etc...
Old Aug 17, 09, 4:29 pm

Ahhh.. much better. Thank you.

Last edited by pkerr; Aug 17, 09 at 4:35 pm
Old Aug 17, 09, 7:30 pm

Exec Platinum about to reach 1 Million Miles

Apologies if this has been asked and answered before.

I am an executive platinum about to hit 1 million miles. I understand that AA awards 4 EVIP upgrades to non-US addresses rather than 500 mile upgrades when you reach 1 million miles. Since 500 mile upgrades are completely useless to executive platinum flyers, does AA not grant EVIP's to platinum execs when they reach 1 million?

I'd switch my address to a foreign one but I hate to miss out on the double bonus miles as a NYC area resident. Cant's have it both ways.
Old Aug 17, 09, 7:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.5MM, AC Member, Marriott Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Emerald Club Executive
Nope, you'll get the 500 milers.

They probably think that you won't be EXP forever...
Old Aug 17, 09, 7:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, HH Diamond, UA GS
Originally Posted by murbahn View Post
Apologies if this has been asked and answered before.

Since 500 mile upgrades are completely useless to executive platinum flyers,
They can be used for companion travel. Also, nice to have some "in the bank" for when you are no longer EXP. Unlike the EVIPs, the 500 milers currently don't expire, as long as you have some activity in your account.
Old Aug 17, 09, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Welcome to Flyertalk.

Check out the thread at the top of the page (probably a sticky - something about a "new user guide) and the wiki where questions like these (which have been asked countless times) are answered.

EXPs in the US get eight stickers. Perhaps not as valuable as four SWUs, but them's the breaks.
Old Aug 18, 09, 10:16 am
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2MM, DL DM, UA PP <=> HH DM/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P/ CC G, FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Time for status changes

1 week for status to change on web site
changed in stages
1st day the word status appeared.
The next day the gold logo showed up.
1 more day for letter below
still waiting for upgrades to deposit.

Congratulations on reaching the Million Miler Level!

Whether you eagerly awaited this achievement or didn't realize it occurred, I want you to know that we think it's an accomplishment to celebrate. In just a few weeks you'll receive an AAdvantage Gold(R) membership card that acknowledges your Million Miler status -- plus some other gifts we think you'll enjoy.

We also invite you to join us online at http://link.aa.com/r/837VNI/SUBUF/TT...TDA/FD1ND/OS/t where you'll find a complete AAdvantage Gold(R) Benefits Guide with information to help you make the most of your elite membership.

Every one of the 1,000,000 AAdvantage miles you've earned is an indication of your support and we thank you for your commitment to American Airlines and the AAdvantage(R) program.

Yours truly,

Rob Friedman
President
AAdvantage Marketing Programs

************************************************** **************************************

Exclusive Offers For AAdvantage Gold(R) Members

Did you know your AAdvantage(R) elite status entitles you to earn exclusive, automatic mileage bonuses from a selection of our AAdvantage(R) participants? These offers are available exclusively to our AAdvantage Gold(R) members as recognition and thanks for your loyalty. Car rentals, hotel stays, retail, dining, vacations and more! Best of all, there's no registration. Just transact as usual and earn additional bonus miles. Visit
http://link.aa.com/r/837VNI/SUBUF/TT...TDA/VTM2H/OS/t for your exclusive offers!
Old Aug 19, 09, 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by jpzeller View Post
So, I passed 2MM on May 2, duly reflected on my AAccount.

So far, no email (will there be one?), no little envelope, nada.

Too early to make a call?
Guys,
Question, i crossed over on 6/26, have already received the congratulatory letter, luggage tags and new card.
But no sign of the eVIP's yet.
Also, does the lifetime status get updated on the account anywhere?
I can't see the eVIP's or the lifetime status.

It doesn't take this long, does it?

KG
Old Aug 20, 09, 12:49 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, LH SEN *, HH Gold
Originally Posted by kgdg View Post
Guys,
Question, i crossed over on 6/26, have already received the congratulatory letter, luggage tags and new card.
But no sign of the eVIP's yet.
Did you cross 1MM or 2MM? If 1MM you will not receive SWUs (eVIPs), assuming that your profile reflects your home address on your AAccount.

Also, does the lifetime status get updated on the account anywhere?
No.
Old Aug 20, 09, 7:48 am
Original Member, Ambassador: OneWorld Alliance

Programs: AA ExecPlat & 3MM; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by oldpenny16 View Post
2 million miles - Lifetime AAdvantage Platinum status
and 4 eVIPs valid for the remainder of the current, and the following, status years, regardless of domicile
I'm closing on 2MM and in need of some advice.

Based on the above it is clear that if I reach 2MM before Dec 31st 2009 the eVIPs will be good through Feb 2011 and if I reach 2MM after Mar 1st 2010, the eVIPs will be valid through Feb 2012. However, I'm not clear how long the eVIPs will last if I reach 2MM between Jan 1st and Feb 28 2010?

Given that I'll make Platinum this year based on EQM, does it make sense to delay the date in which I cross 2MM in order to make the eVIPs valid until Feb 2012?

Thanks,

Search this Thread
Search Engine: