Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 29, 12, 8:53 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: JDiver
Wiki Link
MODERATOR NOTE

THIS PROGRAM ENDED 30 NOV 2011 - see the new thread linked to below for current information.
● The terms of the undocumented lifetime status million miles from any / all sources program ended 30 Nov 2011; please read the new
AAdvantage® Million Miler Program Launched on 1 Dec 2011 for the current terms and conditions.

● To shout out how you made 1MM, 2MM or even more under the new program, please share in:
Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program! (>1 Dec 2011)
American AAdvantage Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 22, 07, 9:18 am

Programs: AA EXP 3mm, Hertz Presidents Circle, Marriott Lifetime Gold
cool, I had to search, but I found my thread over here. Meant to add:
thanks for the support from FT!!! While I do fly a lot, (~140k BIS last year), it's with the help of FT that I I totaled about 480k last year w/ bonuses!! No way I could've done that without you guys.

Also, in particular the AA thread seems really positive. Hate to bash, but reading the HHonors thread, I read multiple times about people complaining that members were trying to earn HHDiamone w/ bonuses and that was just "diluting" their benefits. How selfish!!

Keep up the great attitude!
Old Jun 27, 07, 1:14 pm

Count another one.

1,005,858 miles not counting my Germany trip.
Old Jun 27, 07, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, OW Sapphire, QF Bronze, Marriott Silver, Starwood Gold; National Emerald
Just got my snail mail with my 1 million Platinum card and two luggage tags.

I am very happy that the Eagle and stripes on the luggage tags are shiny metallic, rather than the mottled/stippled metallic eagle and stripes on the platinum FF card (the latter is also a different color than the background color of the card itself, not just the lack of "AAdvantagePlatinum" text repeated across it). Makes me doubly curious why the card isn't a shiny metallic when they do that for the luggage tags.

Another suggestion would be to fill in the oval with the "1" in gold metallic to symbolize the lifetime Gold status, and make the achievement stand out more on the card. Higher numbers would of course have their oval filled in with platinum metallic to symbolize the lifetime Platinum status.

Just to make us feel warmer and fuzzier.

And, yes--between my big feet and swelled head, I really can walk on water.

Steve
Old Jun 27, 07, 3:22 pm

Programs: AA EX PLT
My dad just crossed 1mm mile. He has been a lifetime AC member since 1978 when it only cost 400$...he had no idea he got lifetime gold and was even unaware that there was such a thing.
i think most of his miles were from CC charges.
Old Jun 27, 07, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; SPG GLD; Hilton GLD
I am seemingly hours away as well from the 1MM mark (998,567 and counting)... Just waiting for a final FTD purchase from last week - for some reason its taking slightly longer than normal. Took me a little longer than average I guess, but 2nd 500k came in the last ~2 years.
Thanks FT!
Old Jun 27, 07, 4:15 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP 2.5MM, SPG-Plat, HH-Gold, PC-Platinum
I received my 1mm letter a couple weeks ago. Nice to have but a little anti climatic/bland but still working to 2mm. Took 8yrs to hit 1 i expect 3 to hit 2.
Old Jun 27, 07, 8:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
I am honored

Originally Posted by JDiver View Post
Sure - we can devote the first three pages to stickies. Not!

Gold is a great start - but now, you may find yourself jonesing for more miles and status.
to be listed as the originator of this thread. I have started only a handful of threads on FT.

To keep this on topic: I am steadily working my way toward having 2 million AA miles. An unthinkable goal in my pre-FT days of ignorance on this subject.

Many have helped me along the way. Certainly JDiver with his knowledge and wisdom is on the top of that list.

Every AA mile counts. I just had a bunch of dental work done. So I'm thinking......MILES!
Old Aug 5, 07, 11:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP (4.4M), Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Global Entry, Trusted Traveler
Woo Hoo! Hit 2M somewhere over the Pacific Saturday NRT-LAX.

I was a bit dissappointed that I didn't get the dancing girls that I was told to expect, though.

14 years for the 1st M, 2 years 11 months for the 2nd. Almost all flying. My travel $ goes on a hotel card.
Old Aug 5, 07, 11:48 pm

Programs: aa exp 1MM, alaska air, united, hhonors gold, spg gold
Originally Posted by jimorr67 View Post
Woo Hoo! Hit 2M ...I was a bit dissappointed that I didn't get the dancing girls that I was told to expect, though.
Congratulations. Dancing girls will get posted to your account in 3-5 days.
Old Aug 6, 07, 12:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus

I was a bit dissappointed that I didn't get the dancing girls that I was told to expect, though.

14 years for the 1st M, 2 years 11 months for the 2nd. Almost all flying. My travel $ goes on a hotel card.
Well charges should go to a Starwood card, then you can convert to AA miles as 20K Starwood points for 25K AA miles
Old Aug 6, 07, 6:27 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Congratulations! Now we will all hope - for ourselves and the airline / FFP - long lives. (N.B. The dancing girls expire Feb 29, 2008.)

Old Aug 15, 07, 11:05 am

Programs: AA EXP (4.4M), Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Global Entry, Trusted Traveler
Originally Posted by LAXGreg View Post
I recently crossed the 2MM mark and I received the following email today with no mention of the eVIP's. I thought since they were electronic they would've mentioned them.

Dear LAXGreg,

Congratulations on reaching the next Million Miler level!

As the millions add up, there are fewer members who earn this special designation. In just a few weeks you'll receive a new elite membership card that acknowledges your multi-Million Miler status - plus some other gifts we think you'll enjoy. We are gratified by your dedication and confidence in us. Thanks for your commitment to American Airlines and the AAdvantage program.

Yours Truly,

Kurt Stache
President
AAdvantage Marketing Programs
Well, the program isn't dead yet. I just received the exact same email as LAXGreg did in Apirl.

I crossed over on August 4th, so 11 days to email. Now we just have to wait for the package and their beautiful 2M tags.

P.S.
The dancing girls never did show up.
Old Aug 18, 07, 7:23 pm

Programs: AA Life Platinum HH Platinum
Platinum for Life now what?

I'm real close to 3M miles now, looking forward to my VIP upgrades. Really, the upgrades are not that big a deal for a million miles. I'm not going to make executive platinum and since I have Platinum for life, I find myself wondering why I am not working on elite status on another airline.
Old Aug 19, 07, 8:30 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Smile

Just hit 1MM
Old Aug 20, 07, 12:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus
Originally Posted by divedds View Post
I'm real close to 3M miles now, looking forward to my VIP upgrades. Really, the upgrades are not that big a deal for a million miles. I'm not going to make executive platinum and since I have Platinum for life, I find myself wondering why I am not working on elite status on another airline.
Some people stay on AA for reasons other than the quest for MM awards and EXP status. If another airline works better for you, then use it.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: