Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Old Oct 29, 2012, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR NOTE

THIS PROGRAM ENDED 30 NOV 2011 - see the new thread linked to below for current information.
● The terms of the undocumented lifetime status million miles from any / all sources program ended 30 Nov 2011; please read the new
AAdvantage Million Miler Program Launched on 1 Dec 2011 for the current terms and conditions.

● To shout out how you made 1MM, 2MM or even more under the new program, please share in:
Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program! (>1 Dec 2011)
American AAdvantage Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Old Jul 30, 2008, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT (2.9+ MM), HH GLD, Hyatt Diamond, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by benzguy80
some clarification to how this works, if you please

this is first I've heard of someone at 1MM getting both 8 upg's and 4 EVIP's

inquiring minds want to know (even tho too late for me, now@1MM)
I too would appreciate more information, specifically: do you have an address outside the US?
Old Jul 30, 2008, 6:47 am

Programs: AA - ExPlat 1MM Marriott - Platinum, Hertz - Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by bdemaria
I too would appreciate more information, specifically: do you have an address outside the US?
No special tricks at all. I'm curious if status level has anything to do with it. Have been EXP the last 4 years and was EXP when I crossed the first MM lap. Where were you, status wise, when you crossed the line? I have a US address and although I have access to international addresses if necessary for mail, I didn't elect to play the address game.
Old Jul 31, 2008, 7:02 pm

Programs: AA Plat (2MM), AS MVPG, DL DM, HH Dia(life), Hyatt Dia, SPG Plat
Lifetime Plat

Originally Posted by Keith Flyer Maven
CONGRATULATIONS!

(If you get a chance, please post how long it takes for your eVIPs to be credited and for your package to arrive....)
Okay - crossed over 2 Million on 7/14 or so ... nothing in my account or any type of communication whatsoever ... I'm starting to get alittle paranoid..
Old Jul 31, 2008, 7:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sfbarry
Okay - crossed over 2 Million on 7/14 or so ... nothing in my account or any type of communication whatsoever ... I'm starting to get alittle paranoid..
Does your online account state "Platinum" instead of Gold? If so, then nothing to worry about as eVIPs don't show up online. Best to call AA, you should have 4 eVIPS in your account and AA will be able to confirm.
Old Jul 31, 2008, 7:54 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by bdemaria
Does your online account state "Platinum" instead of Gold? If so, then nothing to worry about as eVIPs don't show up online. Best to call AA, you should have 4 eVIPS in your account and AA will be able to confirm.
Although if the poster is already PLT, the online account status won't help ...
Old Jul 31, 2008, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Gandhi90s
Although if the poster is already PLT, the online account status won't help ...
Valid point. Sfbarry's profile says AA PLT (2MM) which made me think the PLT status was based on the 2MM. I'd just call AA. My dad crossed an XMM about in mid July and his eVIPs posted shortly thereafter. He has yet to receive his congratulatory packet, email, etc..
Old Jul 31, 2008, 9:20 pm

I have been PLT for years - so no indication there...will call AA to inquire about the eVIPS
Old Jul 31, 2008, 11:48 pm

Programs: AA PLT (2MM-- thank you FT!), UAL, DL, AF, BA
And...? Please tell me they haven't changed the benefits....
Old Jul 31, 2008, 11:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA PLT
Old Aug 1, 2008, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by edlin303
Well, after starting 2007 with right around 6,000 lifetime miles, I just crossed my 1MM threshold and got EXP for the first time today. I did all the usual suspects: Fido, a bunch of Citi bank and CC offers, but the biggest help was Miscrosoft Live Search Club. At this pace I should be 2MM by this time next year, if not sooner. I don't think the end of this year will be possible, but I'll give it a shot.

Thanks to everyone for all the tips. Now I just have to find ways to burn all of these miles up other than maxing my transfers to Hilton.
what is microsoft live search club?
Old Aug 1, 2008, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ethang801
what is microsoft live search club?
http://club.live.com/Pages/Home/HomePage.aspx?ac=1

There is also a lengthy thread about it somewhere on FT, essentially you earn tickets by playing computer games and those tickets can be redeemed for FF miles.
Old Aug 1, 2008, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by sfbarry
I have been PLT for years - so no indication there...will call AA to inquire about the eVIPS
Originally Posted by Gandhi90s
sfbarry's profile indicates CA. Assuming he lives in the US and his AA profile address is that of US, he will not get any eVIPs, afaik.
Old Aug 1, 2008, 11:51 am

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by vrbaba
sfbarry's profile indicates CA. Assuming he lives in the US and his AA profile address is that of US, he will not get any eVIPs, afaik.
His profile also says 2 million miles, so he would get the eVIPs regardless of his country of residence.
Old Aug 1, 2008, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by dfw_plt_aa
His profile also says 2 million miles, so he would get the eVIPs regardless of his country of residence.
WOW...so much interest about SFBARRY

For the record:

1. I do live n CA (USA)
2. I am 2MM with AA
3. Called the Plat Desk - eVIPS in my account ^

Now using those eVIPS may be a different story.....
Old Aug 1, 2008, 4:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
well, sfbarry, maybe here's some good news, by example anyway... eVIPs and miles+copay come out of the save inventory ('C' for biz, 'A' for first). Last year I was PLT like you, also flying from SFO, and was able to use miles to upgrade from discount econ to 'C' 8 times out of 8 requests, and most requests were made within 2 weeks of departure, a few times only a few days ahead. total 16 of 16 segments.

This year, I've used eVIPs 6 times as EXP, and been upgraded 6 times so far (total 12 of 12 segments), also discount econ to 'C'. At least once, it was with only 24 hrs notice.
So if my experience is any guide, you should be able to use your eVIPs readily.

p.s. sfbarry, i've been waitlisted most times, and didn't play any tricky tricks with refundable parallel reservation.

Last edited by billgrates3; Aug 1, 2008 at 4:56 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.