Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 29, 2012, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR NOTE

THIS PROGRAM ENDED 30 NOV 2011 - see the new thread linked to below for current information.
● The terms of the undocumented lifetime status million miles from any / all sources program ended 30 Nov 2011; please read the new
AAdvantage® Million Miler Program Launched on 1 Dec 2011 for the current terms and conditions.

● To shout out how you made 1MM, 2MM or even more under the new program, please share in:
Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program! (>1 Dec 2011)
American AAdvantage Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2008, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA 2 MM Plt, *wood Plt
How long until eVIPs expire?

After our trip to Maui this week, I'll be less than 1000 miles from the 2 million mile mark, and that tasty PLT for life status. The 1000 miles will come thru when my Citi AAdvantage account updates for the month.
As I am eagerly awaiting the 4 eVIPs, but was wondering how long they will be good for. The should hit my account sometime between now and end of June.
Will they expire in Feb '09, or Feb '10?
(Sorry if this is answered elsewhere in the thread, but I only had time to read the first 4 pages.

Thanks!

Last edited by WestLA-FF; May 11, 2008 at 12:05 pm
Old May 7, 2008, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA 4.0 MM Lifetime Platinum
My May 2 Visa bill posted on AA.com on Sunday (May 4) and I am breathlessly awaiting the coveted "Platinum of Life (of program)" email.

Gives me something to check for every morning, I guess.

When do the cool luggage tags arrive?
Old May 7, 2008, 12:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by broadwayblue
Speaking of which, does AA ever actually mail anything to addresses outside of the US?
Erm....Yes! I believe most countries outside the US have postal services too
Old May 7, 2008, 2:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by technique
Called today and PLT agent confirmed 4 systemwide upgrades with exp of 02/10
Congrats! How long for the eVIPs to show up in the account?
Old May 7, 2008, 2:06 pm

Programs: AA 2MM
Originally Posted by WestLA-FF
I am eagerly awaiting the 4 eVIPs, but was wondering how long they will be good for. The should hit my account sometime between now and end of June.
Will they expire in Feb '09, or Feb '10?
(Sorry if this is answered elsewhere in the thread, but I only had time to read the first 4 pages.
Thanks!
My evips, posted a couple of months ago, expire 2/28/2010; if yours are hovering offshore, they should carry that expiration date, also.
Old May 7, 2008, 3:40 pm

Programs: AAdvantage; Wyndham Rewards
???

No, really? A million miles? You guys should be ashamed of yourselves, now write down my AAdvantage number and dispose of those miles

Do you guys pay extra to fly AA if you know you're getting miles for it? Most of your miles made up from flying or other offers?

Though it would sound great if i could say I have a million miles... I'll never reach there

Anyone ever sold their miles or thinking about it? So many questions. I have 1 question per mile you own.

Cheers.
Old May 7, 2008, 4:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Living the dream in Antigua and the nightmare in Florida
Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, *A Gold, WN detractor
Originally Posted by nano404
No, really? A million miles? You guys should be ashamed of yourselves, now write down my AAdvantage number and dispose of those miles

Do you guys pay extra to fly AA if you know you're getting miles for it? Most of your miles made up from flying or other offers?

Though it would sound great if i could say I have a million miles... I'll never reach there

Anyone ever sold their miles or thinking about it? So many questions. I have 1 question per mile you own.

Cheers.
Understand that AA is unique in this area - for lifetime status, ALL miles earned count, not just BIS miles. This makes it a lot easier to get than it sounds. Consider BIS+vonus+Citibank+mortgages+hotels+rental cars, etc, and it doesn't take that much. I will achieve 2MM by late summer, then inexplicably, I plan to pretty much stop flying AA.
Old May 7, 2008, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by SJCFlyerLG
I will achieve 2MM by late summer, then inexplicably, I plan to pretty much stop flying AA.
So you have no plans to use the eVIPs or the benefits you've worked to get. Weird.

Are there many others here just after a trophy?

nano404, Welcome to flyertalk!
Old May 7, 2008, 4:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Living the dream in Antigua and the nightmare in Florida
Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, *A Gold, WN detractor
Originally Posted by rrgg
So you have no plans to use the eVIPs or the benefits you've worked to get. Weird.

Are there many others here just after a trophy?

nano404, Welcome to flyertalk!
Not a trophy - I am just really tired of the poor service from AA, so I am moving over to UA. Since I am so close to LT PLAT, I wanted to polish it off for the few times that I expect to have to fly AA. Of course, I do plan on using the perks and the 900k miles I still have banked. I fly out of SJC, where AA continues to diminish the service, and with no more flight to NRT, the eVIP has little value (especially since European vacations are off the list due to the Euro). The only overseas destination for me is NRT, and since my company gets a great discount C-fare from SFO, I have no interest in adding 4 hours to connect out of LAX on AA.
Old May 7, 2008, 7:08 pm

Programs: AAdvantage; Wyndham Rewards
Originally Posted by SJCFlyerLG
Understand that AA is unique in this area - for lifetime status, ALL miles earned count, not just BIS miles. This makes it a lot easier to get than it sounds. Consider BIS+vonus+Citibank+mortgages+hotels+rental cars, etc, and it doesn't take that much. I will achieve 2MM by late summer, then inexplicably, I plan to pretty much stop flying AA.
Huh? why? And, all goes well i'll be a pilot... pilots don't collect miles they log hours

Not a trophy - I am just really tired of the poor service from AA, so I am moving over to UA. Since I am so close to LT PLAT, I wanted to polish it off for the few times that I expect to have to fly AA. Of course, I do plan on using the perks and the 900k miles I still have banked. I fly out of SJC, where AA continues to diminish the service, and with no more flight to NRT, the eVIP has little value (especially since European vacations are off the list due to the Euro). The only overseas destination for me is NRT, and since my company gets a great discount C-fare from SFO, I have no interest in adding 4 hours to connect out of LAX on AA.
Oh I see.
Old May 7, 2008, 8:40 pm

Programs: aa exp, spg, marriott, ua
Thank you...1MM

I've lurked for about a year. Thanks for the advice....now EXP and 1mm.

Wish there was more than the 8 segment upgrades....but it does make DS happy
Old May 7, 2008, 9:32 pm

Programs: AA GLD, Marriott PLT, Hilton Diamond
Pushed over the 1 MM mark last Monday on my way to Los Angeles. Virtually all of those 1,000,000 are BIS + bonus miles of various types, including pretty much 7 years of PLT 100% bonus miles. Maybe a few hundred from rental cars early on when I had me preference for National set wrong. No mile from credit cards or mortgages or grocery stores or restaurants or what ever. Pretty much all directly from American for actually flying on their airline.

The 8 upgrade credits were already applied. I got an email from them saying "Congrats". The new PLT card with the 1 MM logo should be on the way. Not sure how to tell I have life time Gold. Not that it will matter much for a while. But it's nice to know it's always there. I believe that is all I get.

Anyway, it was a long road. Joined AAdvantage on April 17th, 1998. Hit one million on April 28, 2008. Almost exactly 10 years.
Old May 8, 2008, 9:23 am

Pushed over 1MM 2 weeks ago on way to LAX in style in F on a 763 . Took 21 years. Appreciate all the help from FT'ers to finally get there.

Regarding eVIP's, will they show up online in my account? or do I have to call to check on them? Is the 1MM Gift package a box or oversized envelope?
Old May 8, 2008, 9:29 am

Programs: AA LT PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by britenbsas
Erm....Yes! I believe most countries outside the US have postal services too
Yup, my Gold package just arrived in Izmir, Turkey earlier this week. Took about 6 weeks from the day I hit 1MM.
Old May 8, 2008, 9:30 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, PCR Plat/Amb
Originally Posted by Bratwurst und Bier
Is the 1MM Gift package a box or oversized envelope?
Small envelope, 5" x 6" or so? Card and two luggage tags stuck to the inside of a congratulatory card. Congrats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.