Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 29, 2012, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR NOTE

THIS PROGRAM ENDED 30 NOV 2011 - see the new thread linked to below for current information.
● The terms of the undocumented lifetime status million miles from any / all sources program ended 30 Nov 2011; please read the new
AAdvantage® Million Miler Program Launched on 1 Dec 2011 for the current terms and conditions.

● To shout out how you made 1MM, 2MM or even more under the new program, please share in:
Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program! (>1 Dec 2011)
American AAdvantage Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2008, 6:08 am

Programs: All major Airlines, Hotel Chains, Credit Cards and Car Rentals
Originally Posted by mvoight
HUH? jeelele's location is listed as ORD/MDW

Yes, at present I am in Chicago but officially based outside the US.

Last edited by jeelele; Apr 19, 2008 at 11:46 am
Old Feb 15, 2008, 11:51 am

Programs: AA PLT; UA Gold
Originally Posted by mvoight
HUH? jeelele's location is listed as ORD/MDW
It's amazing how people who are approaching 1MM on AA have this propensity to temporarily flee the country, isn't it?
Old Feb 15, 2008, 12:12 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by justageek
It's amazing how people who are approaching 1MM on AA have this propensity to temporarily flee the country, isn't it?
Speaking of which, does AA ever actually mail anything to addresses outside of the US? I have an international address I can use, but was wondering if they would send anything there. I don't need to flee just yet...but was thinking about doing so in another ~200k miles or so.
Old Feb 15, 2008, 1:10 pm

Programs: All major Airlines, Hotel Chains, Credit Cards and Car Rentals
Originally Posted by jeelele
I called up AAdvantage and there are no upgrades deposited yet.
I called this morning and the agent confirmed that I am now Lifetime Gold. Upgrades are there in my account as well. The agent I spoke to last night apparently was clueless.
Old Feb 17, 2008, 3:45 pm

Programs: AA PLT (MM), UA 1K, Marriott Ti, IHG Diamond
1.02MM here... Crossed the 1MM threshold this weekend... Looking forward to my eVIPs (yes, non-USA)... 2MM here I come!
Old Feb 17, 2008, 3:56 pm

Location: SFO, SJC, OAK, LVK AA Lifetime Plat 2MM, LUV A-List, Hyatt Gold, SPG Lifetime Gold, Commercial Pilot (not employed by airlines)
Congrats! Enjoy those EVIPs. I have never had one in my life I too should have fled the country circa 1MM as someone above suggested.

I just passed through 1.7 last week. I need to update my sidebar. Only 294,917 to go!
Old Feb 17, 2008, 7:46 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Mmm, Washington, Distrito de Colombia?

Originally Posted by technique
1.02MM here... Crossed the 1MM threshold this weekend... Looking forward to my eVIPs (yes, non-USA)... 2MM here I come!
Old Feb 17, 2008, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver
I was just thinking the same thing!

BTW can AA take away eVIPs if they find out that you changed your US address to a non-US one just before crossing the 1M threshold?
Old Feb 18, 2008, 7:11 pm

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade
Originally Posted by justageek
I know. Thankfully it's a happy coincidence that we are actually moving to Australia in March, and I should be crossing 1MM in March of April.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver
haha, ya...

Funny thing is, I actually do live (own a house) in the other country, and I spend time there every year... I'm even a citizen of that country... So at least I'm being "semi-honest"

Originally Posted by Lutz
I was just thinking the same thing!

BTW can AA take away eVIPs if they find out that you changed your US address to a non-US one just before crossing the 1M threshold?
Doubt it, unless they can somehow prove you don't actually live in the country you say you do...
Old Feb 20, 2008, 1:04 pm

Received my "Congratulations On Your AAdvantage Program Achievement" email today... Just about 1 week to the day from having crossed the million mile mark last week... Called up AA to confirm eVIPs and the plat desk connected me to the EXP desk... EXP desk said there were NONE and that it takes a few weeks...
Old Feb 27, 2008, 10:30 am

Called today and PLT agent confirmed 4 systemwide upgrades with exp of 02/10
Old May 5, 2008, 10:47 pm

Programs: AA 2MM EXP, UA 1K, DL Silver
Smile did it!

I'm expecting to hear from them this week with all my goodies:

Program to Date Miles 1,000,074

Thanks for all the advice everyone... now to get to 2...
Old May 6, 2008, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM (LT-PLT, PPro for this year)
Since all of the million-mile threads seem to have been consolidated here...

Since all of the million-mile threads seem to have been consolidated here, a brief "w00t" - my miles from flights last Thursday posted (both the JAL codeshare[5835] and AA [168] simultanenously, which is odd given that JAL usually takes a while longer to post) today... bringing me up to 1,005k lifetime miles.

Thanks to AADER this will probably also be my fastest year to PLT - if both planned June trips happen I'll requalify before July 1. No shot at EXP this year, though.
Old May 6, 2008, 10:03 pm

Programs: AA-3MM-ExPLT
Closing in...

1.987MM
-----Burton

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.