Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 29, 2012, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR NOTE

THIS PROGRAM ENDED 30 NOV 2011 - see the new thread linked to below for current information.
● The terms of the undocumented lifetime status million miles from any / all sources program ended 30 Nov 2011; please read the new
AAdvantage® Million Miler Program Launched on 1 Dec 2011 for the current terms and conditions.

● To shout out how you made 1MM, 2MM or even more under the new program, please share in:
Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program! (>1 Dec 2011)
American AAdvantage Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2011, 5:03 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by gemac
there is another expiration date looming in the future somewhere. Yours.
Appeals for reinstatement are very rarely granted.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 5:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dayone
I love a good "Mine Is Bigger Than Yours" thread.
Go long or go home.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 5:19 pm

Programs: AA 1.6MM EXP; UA GS; SPG LTG,Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Science Goy
Perfect examples of why the changes to the MM program are long overdue.
Roger that!
Old Nov 30, 2011, 8:02 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by ceieoc
Lifetime AAdvantage Platinum Expiration: When AMR, American Airlines or the AAdvantage program wants to screw with their elite customers.
Or when there's a merger or buyout and they rename the program and change the benefits, just like UA just did. Everyone who moved around hundreds of thousands of points must surely be betting that a AA-US merger doesn't come about and lifetime status as you know it disappears. I'm not willing to take that off the table.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 8:06 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Does FlyerTalk really have an obscure thread about passengers who died while flying with American Airlines?
Was he talking about the obscurity of the fowl thread or this foul thread of mine is bigger than yours? Anyway, here is my number for the record, too many to count or spend in 18 months, I think (before AA can figure out if it can exit Ch 11).

I for one do not mind a US-AA merger, as long as they keep the LT benefits, it will give me miles in fewer accounts and lifetime status in *A if US stays in it (more likely it will move my US miles to OW). So do I spend my AA miles now thinking they will go kaput, or my US miles now in that they will soon be in OW and subject to high BA award and YQ fees? Decisions, decisions....

Last edited by ffI; Nov 30, 2011 at 8:12 pm
Old Dec 2, 2011, 5:04 am

Just got MR T to 2MM AA

great for him in oz as free Qantas club .

hope that continues^
Old Dec 2, 2011, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

1,343,843: June statement
2,052.893: Current statement
----------------------
709,050 miles gained

Revenue Miles flown: Zero.

Lifetime AAdvantage Platinum Expiration: When AMR, American Airlines or the AAdvantage program wants to screw with their elite customers.
I'm not sure if:

a) you're an elite customer, since you haven't flown. You are by status, but not by action.

b) they would bother to screw you (more). If you cost them nothing by not flying, and make them money by accumulating their currency, it seems like they might already be screwing you as is.

I should note, I'm in the same boat. LT Platinum, working on LT Gold for my wife, and we fly pretty rarely.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 8:06 am

Well, I made it to gold. I was going to use the new credit card to get there in the next few months, but I got impatient and just did a 15k transfer to get it done. Plus, I can use the credit card spend for other card bonuses. I got to 998,xxx and kind of wanted to get past 1MM by flying in a few weeks, but unexpectedly yesterday a very old eshopping transaction I had forgotten about posted with a pre-12/1 transaction date and got me to 1mm. I think I actually made it on November 30, so it will be interesting whether I get the stickers or the 35k. (Hopefully, they will still honor the conversion to 35k if the former.)

So, hurray! Thanks everyone.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 1:02 pm

Programs: Charter Member Delta Diamond Medallion, Lifetime AA Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hilton & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by josephstern
I'm not sure if:

a) you're an elite customer, since you haven't flown. You are by status, but not by action.

b) they would bother to screw you (more). If you cost them nothing by not flying, and make them money by accumulating their currency, it seems like they might already be screwing you as is.

I should note, I'm in the same boat. LT Platinum, working on LT Gold for my wife, and we fly pretty rarely.
I would have had 450,000 miles more for a total of 1,159,050 from June to November, but BankDirect reduced mileage accruals. I think both of us assisted American Airlines in earning money by selling mileage to service our accounts with BankDirect.

At the Chicago DO, it was reported that one frequent flyer had 112 million miles. That person could always fly first cabin using twice the number of miles. Status should not matter. I would think they would never need to purchase a revenue ticket on that airline or their partners which include, car rental, hotel and lounge access.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 1:19 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I can always fly First cabin with the normal amount of miles (AAnytime awards).
Old Dec 4, 2011, 6:09 am

Programs: AA 1mm
Angry

Woo Hoo!

I made it just before the dead line. 1,001,945. Then I got my 8 SWUs turned to 35,000 miles to also count towards mm status!

And then now eshopping has just reversed 10,000 miles for a purchase I had made. I never returned the product, changed it or anything, but they have reversed it.

So now my status has been stripped and the 35,000 miles deleted. Sure, I'll be right back over a million before the end of the year, but now the the 35,000 + more than 10,000 won't count towards MM.

Oh well, I wasn't going to be using eshopping any more anyways. At least in the future I won't have to wonder if I am getting miles or not.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 6:20 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by JSails
Woo Hoo!

I made it just before the dead line. 1,001,945. Then I got my 8 SWUs turned to 35,000 miles to also count towards mm status!

And then now eshopping has just reversed 10,000 miles for a purchase I had made. I never returned the product, changed it or anything, but they have reversed it.

So now my status has been stripped and the 35,000 miles deleted. Sure, I'll be right back over a million before the end of the year, but now the the 35,000 + more than 10,000 won't count towards MM.

Oh well, I wasn't going to be using eshopping any more anyways. At least in the future I won't have to wonder if I am getting miles or not.
You got 8 500 mile upgrade credits (stickers, not SWUs.)

Interesting to see AA is watching for cutoff issues in terms of miles earned from partners before Dec 1 and then reversed subsequent. It sounds like yours was reversed in error so perhaps you can get it sorted out.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 6:35 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, SWA A-list +
So will there be a new thread for those that hit LT gold/LT Plat after Nov 30, 2011? Or are they not allowed to brag about it anymore (I should hit LT Plat in about a year).
Old Dec 4, 2011, 7:34 pm

Originally Posted by envgeo
So will there be a new thread for those that hit LT gold/LT Plat after Nov 30, 2011? Or are they not allowed to brag about it anymore (I should hit LT Plat in about a year).
I must admit, I am curious as to what the wisdom was behind closing this thread (albeit temporarily). Surely just because the qual methodology has changed, the bragging wouldn't.

Last edited by Ritz; Dec 4, 2011 at 8:00 pm
Old Dec 4, 2011, 9:18 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
This thread has not been closed - or one would be unable to post to it. It has been retitled to show this is basically for the "old" "miles from anywhere" program and not the new Million Miler program, and incidentally remind people the new program began 1 Dec 2011.

To shout out how you made 1MM, 2MM or even more under the new program, please share here: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program! (>1 Dec 2011)

Knowing us FlyerTalkers, we will undoubtedly continue to should and brag...

Last edited by JDiver; Dec 4, 2011 at 9:43 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.