Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 29, 2012, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR NOTE

THIS PROGRAM ENDED 30 NOV 2011 - see the new thread linked to below for current information.
● The terms of the undocumented lifetime status million miles from any / all sources program ended 30 Nov 2011; please read the new
AAdvantage® Million Miler Program Launched on 1 Dec 2011 for the current terms and conditions.

● To shout out how you made 1MM, 2MM or even more under the new program, please share in:
Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program! (>1 Dec 2011)
American AAdvantage Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2011, 7:25 pm

Location: DFW, 3.5 MM, AA EXP, LIFETIME PLATINUM, MARRIOTT LIFETIME PLATINUM, STARWOOD AMBASSADOR 223 NIGHTS, AND LIFETIME GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, NATIONAL EXECUTIVE ELITE
Originally Posted by iamnadv
My account was updated today and I now have more than 1 million miles and re-qualified for EXP too! Time to play the waiting game for my lifetime gold status card...I feel like a kid waiting for Santa.

So now I'm wondering, will they send me two cards (EXP & lifetime gold card) or just one EXP card with the "MM" on it?
Congratulations on EXP and the MM ....

My guess is that the new EXP card will have the 1MM encircled on it, and that is the only card you will receive.

I finally qualified for EXP last Thursday (after 3 long years without it)..

I am a 3MM, and am eagerly awaiting my new EXP card with the 3MM circled...
Old Nov 13, 2011, 10:43 pm

Programs: AA
Just need a confirmation. How long does it take for 8 500 miles sticker or 4x evip(if outside us) to post in the account?
Old Nov 14, 2011, 1:46 am

Programs: Former AA EXP; 2M Lifetime PLT member-
2-3 days--- definitely within a week.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 5:29 am

Programs: AA LTG, Marriott LTP. 50% Delta LTS, Working on Hyatt LTD
I got my flight in on Thursday and they posted the SWUs to my account today. So far me 2.5 days excluding the weekend.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 3:01 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Congratulations on earning 3,000,000 AAdvantage miles!

Hooray!!!!

Systemwide Upgrades Summary
Last Updated: Wednesday, November 16, 2011
Valid Through Earned Used* Expired Available
Feb 28, 2013 4 0 0 4
Category Date Earned Close detail
3 Million Miler Nov 12, 2011 4 0 0 4
Congratulations on earning 3,000,000 AAdvantage miles!

Dear xxxxx,

Whether you eagerly awaited this achievement or didn't realize it occurred, I want you to know that we think earning 3,000,000 AAdvantage® miles is an accomplishment worth celebrating.

To recognize this important milestone, you will soon receive a new membership card with the distinctive multi-Million MilerSM emblem that indicates your 3,000,000 mile achievement. And as a special thank you for your loyalty, we have deposited four one-way Systemwide Upgrades into your upgrade account. Systemwide Upgrades allow you to confirm an available seat in the next class of service at time of booking (subject to availability) when you are flying around the world on virtually all revenue tickets on American Airlines. Visit aa.com/systemwideupgrades for complete details.

Plus, your multi-Million Miler status includes AAdvantage Platinum® membership for the lifetime of that program, regardless of your annual elite-qualifying activity. Of course, if you meet the criteria for a higher elite level, you will be recognized at the higher level.

The special recognition and benefits we offer to our multi-Million Miler members is our way of saying thank you for all of your loyalty. In fact, thanks a million!

Yours truly,

Maya Leibman
President
AAdvantage® Loyalty Program
Old Nov 16, 2011, 7:17 pm

For 1 million miler gold status, there is an option to convert the upgrade certificate to 35k miles. In your opinion, which one is the better deal? Thanks.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 9:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by freeupgrade
My guess is that the new EXP card will have the 1MM encircled on it, and that is the only card you will receive.
Yup, I can confirm that is what you'll get.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 9:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by LoveTravelWorld
For 1 million miler gold status, there is an option to convert the upgrade certificate to 35k miles. In your opinion, which one is the better deal? Thanks.
The 35k miles are the better option. You can purchase certs for $30/each. Purchasing 35k miles would cost you $962.50. Easy choice.
Old Nov 18, 2011, 5:25 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Finally!

It took over 10 years, but as of Wednesday I'm officially over 1 million miles. All miles were earned the hard way, sitting on a plane (no CC mileage, hotel award transfers, etc). Looking forward to my "letter of congratulations" from my friends at AA (not that AA!)
Old Nov 20, 2011, 5:29 pm

Eagerly Awaiting MM Credentials

So, I just crossed through the one-million threshold last week. The miles (credit card spend) putting me over the edge posted on Thursday, 11/17 and had an activity date of Tuesday, 11/15.

No sign of the eight 500-mile upgrades yet, nor an e-mail from anyone at AAdvantage.

I'm just a little nervous as the December 1st deadline approaches, but my Program-to-Date Miles balance is a 1,003,000+. Do these million miler upgrade deposits happen on a certain day of the week? Just trying to make sure I'm all set before the program gets a little more strict.

Thanks!
Old Nov 20, 2011, 6:45 pm

Programs: AAdvantage---LTGold, DL Skymiles
Log into your AA acount. Look at the upper, righthand corner. It should say "GOLD" in gold letters. Julia
Old Nov 20, 2011, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by JBGL
Log into your AA acount. Look at the upper, righthand corner. It should say "GOLD" in gold letters. Julia
Thanks for the tip, but I'm already elite, so it's always said GOLD in that area. Any other ideas?
Old Nov 20, 2011, 11:42 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, LH SEN *, HH Gold
Originally Posted by crimsonAA
I'm just a little nervous as the December 1st deadline approaches, but my Program-to-Date Miles balance is a 1,003,000+.
What exactly are you nervous about?
Old Nov 20, 2011, 11:47 pm

Programs: AA
nervous about 8x 500 miles sticket not post before 12/1 and convert them to 35,000 miles which counts toward LT miles?
Old Nov 21, 2011, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by Hagbard Viking
What exactly are you nervous about?
Just worried that something will go wrong and I won't get the million miler status without putting in some more BIS miles. Probably just irrational worry, haha.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.