Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 29, 12, 8:53 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: JDiver
Wiki Link
MODERATOR NOTE

THIS PROGRAM ENDED 30 NOV 2011 - see the new thread linked to below for current information.
● The terms of the undocumented lifetime status million miles from any / all sources program ended 30 Nov 2011; please read the new
AAdvantage® Million Miler Program Launched on 1 Dec 2011 for the current terms and conditions.

● To shout out how you made 1MM, 2MM or even more under the new program, please share in:
Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program! (>1 Dec 2011)
American AAdvantage Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 26, 07, 6:14 am

Programs: AA 1mm; SPG Gold
After almost exactly 7 years to the day, I am today at:

Program to Date Miles: 1,001,605

Now I wait and sweat out the "awarding" of my account over to 1mm. Anyone else qualify today/recently and want to wait it out with me?

Best,
Lewis
Old Dec 3, 07, 9:19 am

Programs: AA Plt-Lite 2MM,HH Gld, MR Plat
Originally Posted by LewDog View Post

Now I wait and sweat out the "awarding" of my account over to 1mm. Anyone else qualify today/recently and want to wait it out with me?

Best,
Lewis
Well, I'll wait it out with you. Just passed the 1 million mark.

Program to Date Miles: 1,006,841
Old Dec 3, 07, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold

Best,
Lewis
The system crawls for MMer qualifications once a week or so. You should get the "congratulations on your AAdvantage achievement" email within a week, and the new elite card and luggage tags within 4-6 weeks.
Old Dec 3, 07, 4:18 pm

Programs: AA 1,000,000; Continental; Delta; Alitalia; TWA
Woo Hoo 1mm

OK, so it took 20 years (of which 10 with TWA).

"and there was much rejoicing"
Old Dec 4, 07, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by ESpen36 View Post
The system crawls for MMer qualifications once a week or so. You should get the "congratulations on your AAdvantage achievement" email within a week, and the new elite card and luggage tags within 4-6 weeks.
Thank you for your response... I am getting a little worried because it has been about 10 days and no 8 upgrades, etc...

Best,
Lewis
Old Dec 4, 07, 10:05 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat - 2MM miles
Finally made it to 1MM/Lifetime Gold after 10 years. Would have taken longer without FT. Already begun the countdown to 2MM
Old Dec 4, 07, 10:23 am

Programs: BA Silver AA Lifetime Gold
[QUOTE=LewDog;8835320]Thank you for your response... I am getting a little worried because it has been about 10 days and no 8 upgrades, etc...

I've been waiting 17 days now and still nothing.................

Spike
Old Dec 4, 07, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
Sorry to hear about the delay. Assuming your flights have posted and your Program-to-Date miles reflects 1MM, why not call AAdvantage Customer Service and ask what's going on?

1-800-421-0600
Old Dec 4, 07, 12:39 pm

Sorry to hear about the delay. Assuming your flights have posted and your Program-to-Date miles reflects 1MM, why not call AAdvantage Customer Service and ask what's going on?

1-800-421-0600
Because I didn't think of that.

Thanks.. will let the board know what I find in the event that any lurkers are sweating it out with me.
Old Dec 4, 07, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM 1K; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Program to Date Miles 1,001,632
YTD Elite Qualifying Points 500
YTD Elite Qualifying Miles 644
YTD Elite Qualifying Segments 1
Miles Towards Elite Upgrades 0

Not bad for a CO guy, eh?
Old Dec 4, 07, 5:03 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, Lifetime Platinum
Made 2 million last week

For whomever said the second mill came faster than the first, it was true in my case. I made 1 million just four years ago; now, I'm in my second year of EXP and made 2 million miles (and counting--two more trips to go this year).

Cheers,
mjpflyer
Old Dec 4, 07, 5:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
Not bad for a CO guy, eh?
Who knew a CO guy could count that high?
Old Dec 5, 07, 8:17 am

Thank you for your response... I am getting a little worried because it has been about 10 days and no 8 upgrades, etc...

I've been waiting 17 days now and still nothing.................
For your reference, I met the threshold on Wed 11/28 and received the upgrades and a congratulatory email Wed 12/5. The short wait might have just been luck since I was near the end of the month when maybe their system does some accounting.
Old Dec 17, 07, 7:20 am

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
WooHoo! Just made 1,000,000 miles. I've been an AAdvantage member since 1982, but most of my miles have been earned in the last 6 years.
Old Dec 17, 07, 7:27 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I may recall someone posted the 1M processes irregularly and can take longer some times than regular status postings. Or, as indicated above, sometimes not. But it does happen; congratulations.

In any case, congrats to all, and mjpflyer, you are truly, irredeemably hooked!

Originally Posted by rgg
For your reference, I met the threshold on Wed 11/28 and received the upgrades and a congratulatory email Wed 12/5. The short wait might have just been luck since I was near the end of the month when maybe their system does some accounting.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: