Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 29, 2012, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR NOTE

THIS PROGRAM ENDED 30 NOV 2011 - see the new thread linked to below for current information.
● The terms of the undocumented lifetime status million miles from any / all sources program ended 30 Nov 2011; please read the new
AAdvantage® Million Miler Program Launched on 1 Dec 2011 for the current terms and conditions.

● To shout out how you made 1MM, 2MM or even more under the new program, please share in:
Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program! (>1 Dec 2011)
American AAdvantage Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2011, 2:56 pm

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by cabrera
Hello All,
1 MM attained: Feb 6
SWU posted: Mar 6
No Email yet...
I'm guessing you live near BOG or CLO (according to AA at least) for you to have gotten SWUs, correct?
Old Mar 7, 2011, 3:27 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2.7 MM, DL GLD, UA Prem, BW Diamond, PC PLT, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by izzik
This is a snippet from my e-mail. I think it's pretty straightforward. Highlighting is mine.

Congratulations on earning 1,000,000 AAdvantage miles!

Whether you eagerly awaited this achievement or didn't realize it occurred, I want you to know that we think it's an accomplishment worth celebrating. As a special thank you for your loyalty, you will soon receive a new elite-status membership card with the distinctive Million Miler emblem. For a review of the wide range of benefits associated with your membership, view the Elite Status Benefits chart online at aa.com/elitebenefits.

Plus, your new Million Miler status entitles you to AAdvantage Gold membership for the lifetime of the AAdvantage Gold program, regardless of your annual elite-qualifying activity. Of course, if you meet the criteria for a higher level, then you will be recognized accordingly.

Something new all the time here. Ok so a better response is "The e-mail rarely says anything about LT status...."
Old Mar 7, 2011, 3:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, DL PLT, SQ Gold
Originally Posted by johndeere19
I'm guessing you live near BOG or CLO (according to AA at least) for you to have gotten SWUs, correct?
Yes, johndeere 19... CLO address
Old Mar 7, 2011, 8:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by cabrera
Yes, johndeere 19... CLO address
Having just passed 1MM recently I wish I had a non-US address so that I'd get more SWUs instead of just 4 500 mile upgrades. Congrats on your new status and SWUs though!
Old Mar 7, 2011, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mikelat
Having just passed 1MM recently I wish I had a non-US address so that I'd get more SWUs instead of just 4 500 mile upgrades. Congrats on your new status and SWUs though!
You should get 8 stickers, no?
Old Mar 8, 2011, 7:10 am

Programs: AA PLT, AA 1MM, Marriott GLD
My 8 stickers posted last night so I am one step closer. Still waiting for email notification and slow mail packet.

- Miles posted to get over 1MM - 1/11/11
- Miles posted to get over 1MM according to AA - 2/27/11 (I have no idea why they insist I didn't cross over until 2/27. I look at my account every day and I assure you it showed I crossed over on 1/11).
- Stickers posted - 3/7/11
Old Mar 8, 2011, 8:40 am

Programs: AA PLT 1MM, HHonors Diamond, IHG Gold, National Exec, Hertz 5-Star
Crossed the 1MM mark on Jan 19th. 8 stickers finally posted today. No e-mail nor packet yet.
Old Mar 8, 2011, 9:17 am

Programs: AA-LT Gold 1.2MM ,DL, Marriott LT TITANIUM; HH Gold, AMEX PLT
Gee, I have to consider myself lucky. Crossed 1MM on Feb 12, stickers appeared on Feb 22 and got email on Feb 23. Some of you seemed to have waited so long. Still haven't received the package in the mail.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 11:19 am

Programs: AA PLT, AA 1MM, Marriott GLD
Originally Posted by thedoorchick
My 8 stickers posted last night so I am one step closer. Still waiting for email notification and slow mail packet.

- Miles posted to get over 1MM - 1/11/11
- Miles posted to get over 1MM according to AA - 2/27/11 (I have no idea why they insist I didn't cross over until 2/27. I look at my account every day and I assure you it showed I crossed over on 1/11).
- Stickers posted - 3/7/11
Email received today. Seems fairly consistent that the email follows the sticker posting by 1-2 days. I assume my issue with the whole thing kicking off is that they for some reason show that I didn't cross over until about 6 weeks later than I did.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 9:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by thedoorchick
Email received today. Seems fairly consistent that the email follows the sticker posting by 1-2 days. I assume my issue with the whole thing kicking off is that they for some reason show that I didn't cross over until about 6 weeks later than I did.
Odd that it took them so long to notice it. I don't have exact dates now but I don't recall it being too long in between noticing it in my account and when I received the e-mail, definitely not as long as your experience.

In any case, welcome officially to 1MM and Lifetime Gold
Old Mar 10, 2011, 7:13 am

Programs: AA-LT Gold 1.2MM ,DL, Marriott LT TITANIUM; HH Gold, AMEX PLT
Has anyone who crossed the 1 MM point since January 1st received his/her package in the mail yet? Just wondering and waiting.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 9:30 am

whoohoo... just made it.. hope it still counts

OK experts and fellow miles junkies, I just crossed the 1,000,000 mile barrier on my AA account. The cross was in FT style, with not one mile on my butt in the air (75k for citi AA amex bonus and another 50K for transfer of 40K SPG points)

Here is hoping a mega-mile still works for life time AA gold.

My understanding is AA processes these things on Sunday after posting, I'll wait for the email shortly after.

That and it's time to start the 2,000,000 mile journey
Old Mar 10, 2011, 1:37 pm

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
Originally Posted by josephstern
You should get 8 stickers, no?
Not if you're based outside the US. Don't use a fake address or flip between multiple though. You will miss out on many US based promotions.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not if you're based outside the US. Don't use a fake address or flip between multiple though. You will miss out on many US based promotions.
Right - but outside the US you wouldn't get stickers at all - they'd be SWUs. That's why I'm confused about that post.
Old Mar 10, 2011, 3:40 pm

Programs: MR, AA, UA, DL, AVIS and growing
Before the NWA/Delta merger...if you had a outside US address and flew 50k miles/yr you got free lounge access on NWA. Delta negated this perk with the merger. Sometimes it's better to have outside addresses if you know all the perks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.