Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 29, 2012, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR NOTE

THIS PROGRAM ENDED 30 NOV 2011 - see the new thread linked to below for current information.
● The terms of the undocumented lifetime status million miles from any / all sources program ended 30 Nov 2011; please read the new
AAdvantage® Million Miler Program Launched on 1 Dec 2011 for the current terms and conditions.

● To shout out how you made 1MM, 2MM or even more under the new program, please share in:
Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum with NEW Million Miler Program! (>1 Dec 2011)
American AAdvantage Forum Moderator Team
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Made Lifetime Gold / Platinum! million miles - brag etc. (ended 30 Nov 2011)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2011, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA PLT, 1MM, Global Entry, UA GLD, TSA PRE
Mine finally posted today as well. No email and nothing in the mail as of yet, but I have them ;-)

I thought they were only good for one year? Mine say good until Feb 2013
Old Mar 2, 2011, 2:37 pm

Programs: AA-LT Gold 1.2MM ,DL, Marriott LT TITANIUM; HH Gold, AMEX PLT
After I crossed the 1MM point, I called and asked when I could reasonably expect to see the upgrades and receive the package. I was told that the upgrades are run on Sundays and your new status should show up during the following week.
Mine posted on a Tuesday.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tbrein
I was told that the upgrades are run on Sundays and your new status should show up during the following week.
Mine posted on a Tuesday.
I now see where the Monday myth came from. Apparently they are run on Sundays (when I clicked on the "4" in mine, it said they were issued on Feb 27), but for whatever reason they take a variable number of days to show up after that. So they could show up on Monday, or Tuesday, or Wednesday, at the very least (based on various experiences here recently).

This jives with my previous experience of it sometimes taking several business days for used SWUs to show up as used online (from the day the reservation shows as being in the new cabin that was reached via the application of the SWU), even though in some other cases it has apparently shown up for others on the very next business day.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 1:13 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Million Miler, HHonors Gold VIP, Aeroplan, Starwood
Originally Posted by idealflyer
Crossed over the Pacific Ocean 2 days ago and now passed 2 million lifetime miles mark.

Also dropped from Platinum to Gold same day, so bitter sweet.

Hope this benefit for million milers is not going away anytime soon. Man, I hate rumors on FT!
If you did drop from platinum to gold, it's only temporary. By hitting two million miles lifetime, you are automatically bumped up to platinum for life. Congrats!
Old Mar 3, 2011, 1:16 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Million Miler, HHonors Gold VIP, Aeroplan, Starwood
Just Became an AAdvantage Million Miler!

I just hit the million mile mark last week. I didn't even know it got me anything until a woman at the Gold desk was telling me a few months ago that I didn't qualify for Gold this year, but would have it for life once I hit a million miles. I've had my Citi cards for 3-6 years (I have three for my business). In the beginning, I didn't put on much, but not as my business has grown I've been banking 30-50,000 miles a month, so hopefully two million and lifetime platinum is only a few years away!
Old Mar 3, 2011, 8:43 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM; Hyatt Gold; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by AAdallas
I hit 2 million miles yesterday. Thanks FT!
I received the SWUs a week later. Two days later, I received an email stating that I hit a million miler level; the email didn't say anything about lifetime PLT status.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 9:34 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Another data point:

Crossed over MM 2/21
Upgrades posted 2/28
Congrats email rec'd 3/3
Old Mar 4, 2011, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I received the SWUs a week later. Two days later, I received an email stating that I hit a million miler level; the email didn't say anything about lifetime PLT status.
So do you have Platinum status now?

This definitely makes me a little concerned.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
So do you have Platinum status now?

This definitely makes me a little concerned.
I am PLT already -- that's why I can't tell if I received lifetime PLT status.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 8:11 am

Programs: AA PLT 2.7 MM, DL GLD, UA Prem, BW Diamond, PC PLT, HH Diamond
FYI, the email has never said anything about LT status. The paper kit you get in the regular mail does. Everyone gets the jitters when the email fails to mention it. Sit tight, in a few weeks you will get written confirmation and your new card in the mail with the MM status on it and your mind will be at ease.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 4:34 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2MM, LH SEN *, HH Gold
Originally Posted by shadesofgrey1x
FYI, the email has never said anything about LT status. The paper kit you get in the regular mail does. Everyone gets the jitters when the email fails to mention it. Sit tight, in a few weeks you will get written confirmation and your new card in the mail with the MM status on it and your mind will be at ease.
There is one report to the contrary: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/14959858-post1307.html. Can't recall anyone else ever reporting it though...
Old Mar 5, 2011, 5:20 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

FYI, the email has never said anything about LT status.
This is a snippet from my e-mail. I think it's pretty straightforward. Highlighting is mine.

Congratulations on earning 1,000,000 AAdvantage miles!

Whether you eagerly awaited this achievement or didn't realize it occurred, I want you to know that we think it's an accomplishment worth celebrating. As a special thank you for your loyalty, you will soon receive a new elite-status membership card with the distinctive Million Miler emblem. For a review of the wide range of benefits associated with your membership, view the Elite Status Benefits chart online at aa.com/elitebenefits.

Plus, your new Million Miler status entitles you to AAdvantage Gold membership for the lifetime of the AAdvantage Gold program, regardless of your annual elite-qualifying activity. Of course, if you meet the criteria for a higher level, then you will be recognized accordingly.

Old Mar 5, 2011, 9:40 pm

Thanks. I figured that was the case, but it's nice to hear.
Old Mar 6, 2011, 6:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has anyone hit 1MM in early Jan received their packets yet?

Husband hit 1MM Jan 4th, stickers and congrat email came in 2 weeks time.

We are still waiting for his Welcome Packet. We know we need to wait till March.

I got my annual Gold Card a few days ago so the annual elite cards have been sent out on time.

I wonder if anyone reached LT status in early January has received his/her Welcome Packet yet?
Old Mar 7, 2011, 2:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, DL PLT, SQ Gold
SWU posted

Hello All,
1 MM attained: Feb 6
SWU posted: Mar 6
No Email yet...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.